BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Kill retiring immediately due to health, Claeys interim HC

Could someone please post a replay or link to a recording of the press conference? I would love to watch/listen.

He's a broken man. No energy. Sounds like he's had more seizures that have taken place behind the scenes. wants to walk away now... because he's had days where he's not there... keeps saying that he doeens't want to cheat the university.

Just said he was at practice yesterday despite having two seizures earlier in the day.

Also made it sound like he was put on some meds a few years ago that didn't let him think clearly, made it seem like he may have gone away from those in order to continue coaching. Now it seems he's at a point where the Dr. thinks it could have lasting effects down the road on this ability to think, etc.

Very emotional.

For anyone that is watching the press conference have there been any details given.

Seizures have returned. He said he never stole from the U, and never will. Said he doesn't have any energy left. He left it on the laying field and the U. Doctor advised him to walk away from the game for health previously. Refuses to take full credit for the push for the athletic village. He can't do what he loves doing anymore. He has been taking drugs for his condition. Lacking sleep, been taking sleeping pills. It ain't worth it.

It appears that he wants Tracy Claeys to be the next coach and keep the staff intact for recruiting reasons.

I can't watch it but am following it on twitter. Looks like it is very emotional.

Kill, "Staff is like a family. Lots of crying this morning. Many said I was like a dad."

For anyone that is watching the press conference have there been any details given.

He said he's back to where he was 2 years ago, presumably when he had to take a leave of absence. Can't sleep more than a couple hours a night, isn't fair to his wife, etc.

Basically he a) no longer feel like he is able to fulfill his duties as HC to the best of his ability, and b) doesn't want to continue putting his wife and family through what they've been dealing with the last few years.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Oh my goodness...this is in no way worth any more wins or more recruits. He needs to get better, I am happy for him.

Go Gophers!!

Iowa fan at work insists this is a cover-up for the sex scandal. Stay classy, Iowa.

Will he be healthy enough to take on the role as the next AD? We don't know his full health condition.

Go Gophers!!

Love that he got a shot at Souhan in at the end.

"Everyone has treated me fairly.... well, maybe not everyone (smiles)"

Go Gophers!!

Love that he got a shot at Souhan in at the end.

"Everyone has treated me fairly.... well, maybe not everyone (smiles)"

Loved it too. Gotta believe it was a shot at Souhan.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"Ifeel I've always been treated fairly by everyone. Well, mostly everyone. At least everyone in the room here." -- Kill</p>— RandBall(@RandBall) <a href="https://twitter.com/RandBall/status/659371110933270528">October 28, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shocking and heartbreaking. Hope he is going to be alright.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rare to see media applaud anything at a presser. (Often seen as bad form)..Jerry Kill walks off podium to a round of well-deserved applause.</p>— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/659372264291364864">October 28, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Was this as hard to watch as Kirby Puckett's press conference was?

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom