BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Kill retiring immediately due to health, Claeys interim HC

According to KFAN, Kill will speak at 8:30am. Not clear if it will be a press conference or just a statement. They said they would carry it live.

Disappointing but I certainly trust in his judgment. It must be serious after everything he has coached through already.

I respect him for making a bold, decisive move instead of waffling on it and costing him even more health issues (potentially, depending on the exact issue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Shocking and sad news. Wishing him and his family the best. I hope that whatever health challenge he is facing can be overcome.

I was a little selfish with my thoughts when I first heard about this. Screw that. Fight on Jerry. Your health is all that really matters. Prayers for you, your family and your team

First thing that jumps into my mind is whose going going to stay committed as a recruit? This really sucks in every way, finally get a guy that somewhat of some big time recruits and boom he's gone!

That's the first thing that jumped into your mind?

Get off my team.

First thing that jumps into my mind is whose going going to stay committed as a recruit? This really sucks in every way, finally get a guy that somewhat of some big time recruits and boom he's gone!

I suspect we lose a few.

But I also suspect Claey's will move into HC role and hopefully keep staff together and class together

I was a little selfish with my thoughts when I first heard about this. Screw that. Fight on Jerry. Your health is all that really matters. Prayers for you, your family and your team
+1

I'm going to take out my sadness and anger on you.

You are a f*cking assh*le idi*t.

I don't feel any better, but you still are.

Hope your health gets better, Coach. Best wishes to you and your family.

That was your first thought? For Kill to retire immediately and not take a leave of absence it has to be really bad. Will be interesting to see what details come out and how much the family is willing to say. I really hope it isn't cancer coming back and being of the untreatable type.

I thought it was strange when he missed the press conference yesterday as that is one of the big events every game week and something you would definitely schedule appointments around.

UNVELIEVEABLE !! Ihope all of those a$$hole$ that have been talking $hit about him really feel like the idiots they are. GET WELL COACH WE LOVE YOU !

This was almost as shocking to me as the Flip news. Very sad time for Twin Cities sports. I really hope some portion of the Athletes Village is named after Jerry. You would have a difficult time telling me this would have been done without him.

Get better, Jer.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

A source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy that Kill is "OK," but "he doesn't want to have it get to the point it was (in previous years). He's tired and not feeling great, but OK otherwise."

The Big Ten is losing an ambassador for the conference and Minnesota is losing an excellent football coach. I wish him and his family the best.

Go Gophers!!

Flagship radio station coverage is painful to listen to.

Good luck Kill, you will be remembered here for a long time. We wish you only the best and prayers will be sent.

What a kick to the nuts. Hopefully this means Claey's moves up and Sawvel can take over the defense. The staff is solid, let's keep it that way.

I can hear that ****** GW laughing over here...

A text in bed woke me up this morning making me aware of this...honestly, my first thought was, "is it April?"...the guy who sent it pulls **** like this.

Anyway. Thanks for the hard work coach...take care of YOU before anything! Best of luck from Gopher Nation!

Ski-U-Mah

FIREJERRYKILL.com domain name $20/month for 5 years down the drain.

Prayers go out to the Kills, their staff and and their families. This will be a time of uncertainty and we need to them to be strong.

I am also anticipating the media buzzards to do a 180. Another great opportunity to boycott or cancel your subscription to the local fish wrapper.

This is a very sad time at the U. First, the death of Flip Saunders and now Jerry Kill.

Godspeed to you Coach Kill. You are and always will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for everything that you have done to make people's lives better and for the university and the football team.

Top Bottom