BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Kill retiring immediately due to health, Claeys interim HC

Heartbreaking news for Coach Kill and his family, his team, and your fans. Godspeed to Coach and good luck to the Gophers.

Thoughts and prayers go out to coach Kill and his family. While I know he loves the sport of football, taking care of one's health is always the top priority. Take care coach! We're all in your corner.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Shocked and heartbroken. Not at all what I expected to see when I opened Twitter this morning. Thoughts and prayers are with you, Coach!

Flip's death must have had some play in this.

Regardless, wonder what this means to the program

This is still absolutely shocking. I had certain critiques of Kill, but I did like him as our HC and do think he is a good person and feel absolutely awful for him right now.

Hoping it's nothing serious and he gets every bit of care he needs and comes out of this healthy.

Best wishes to coach Kill.

Go Gophers!!

Obviously I hope he is OK.

Let me be the first to say, I hope he considers taking on the AD role.

Get well Jerry, this is a sad day for the "U" and our football family.

Thank you for putting our program back on the map, and the players back in the classroom. You have truly done a first class job, and we are all in debt to you.

#1, take care of yourself Sir.

My thoughts exactly. Right now, his health is very important and he needs to put his full energy into getting better.

Gotta think if the health issues are bad enough that he has to walk away in the middle of a football season that moving to the AD role is probably not in the cards for him.

Good luck Kill, you will be remembered here for a long time. We wish you only the best and prayers will be sent.

What a kick to the nuts. Hopefully this means Claey's moves up and Sawvel can take over the defense. The staff is solid, let's keep it that way.

I can hear that ****** GW laughing over here...

And he's probably pounding his chest saying "I told you so" even though we all know he meant Kill would be fired by the end of this season.

Wishing Coach Kill the best and hope he is going to be okay.

As opposed to being worried about recruits, this was the first thing I selfishly thought of.

However, after absorbing the story, I hope Coach Kill finds medical attention to help restore his quality of life and is able to have a long life. Selfish needs to keep a quality individual at the University need to be squelched in hopes that Jerry selfishly does what is best for him!

Good Luck Coach! You are a Gopher Legend in my mind.

Missing the presser yesterday for an appointment running long should've raised a red flag, but it didn't. This sucks. Really hope its nothing too serious.

Sounds like the appointment delivered less than pleasant news.

Damn, shocking news to wake up to. Get well coach!

Be well Jerry. Feeling devastated for you and grateful for the time and energy you gave us.

From a PR, crisis management perspective this is absolutely crazy

Sad to hear, but you have to do what is right for yourself and your family.

Good luck, Jerry.

For anyone that is watching the press conference have there been any details given.

My thoughts exactly. Right now, his health is very important and he needs to put his full energy into getting better.

"Walking off the (practice) field I remember thinking that Tracy and the staff could do a better job than I can.....I won't steal from the University....I have no more energy, none."

For anyone that is watching the press conference have there been any details given.

Just said he was at practice yesterday despite having two seizures earlier in the day.

Top Bottom