Braeden Carrington in the Portal

The abandon ship mode seems to be unfortunately growing. I don't see Carrington moving "up" in wherever he lands. He'll have to settle for a smaller program, but maybe he will get more court time wherever he lands.

The abandon ship mode seems to be unfortunately growing. I don't see Carrington moving "up" in wherever he lands. He'll have to settle for a smaller program, but maybe he will get more court time wherever he lands.
I would have put odds of Payne staying at 70/30 and Carrington at 90/10. Having them be the first to go doesn't bode well at all. Garcia and Chrisie are likely to follow and even Hawkins would have to reconsider at that point.

could be playing time - could be issues with the Coach - could be wanting to get away from home - could be a lot of things.

in the end, regardless of the "why" - this is where college sports are at right now. there are no rules - at least no rules that any governing organization is trying to enforce.

maybe there is a magic coach out there who can overcome all of those forces. If there is, would that coach be willing to take the Gophers' job - and would the U of MN be willing to pay that coach the salary it would take to convince him to come to MN?

programs like the Gophers - struggling programs that belong to a Major conference - are in a really tough situation.

Honestly this one isn't surprising. Carrington is not enough of an offensive asset to play at the Big Ten level. By the end of the season teams were not even guarding him on the offensive end and he still couldn't produce. I have no ill wishes against him though as a local kid who stayed home. Wishing him the best of luck at his new school! 1711643163686.png

You lose your instate kids who had roles, there is an issue going on beyond NIL. Carrington, Payne, and JOJ all bright, good kids, great academics, and role models.

Bingo. This is what I was saying in the Payne thread. Carrington and PP are exactly the type of player Ben was brought in to recruit and retain. If they are leaving, what are his strengths as HC?

Kind of funny people were lamenting how Carrington wasnt a good player but now that he leaves they act devastated. Tough to lose an in state kid but obviously very replaceable

Kind of funny people were lamenting how Carrington wasnt a good player but now that he leaves they act devastated. Tough to lose an in state kid but obviously very replaceable
It's not the on court loss that hurts so much in his case. It's what him leaving represents. A program in shambles.

I'm concerned about Carrington's family support system if he thinks he deserved more money? Someone needs to have a talk with him

Top Bottom