Bowl Rumor - Gophers to Outback

Triple D

Reaction score
A buddy of mine and fellow season ticket holder said he has a source that Gophers are going back to the Outback Bowl

Take it for what it’s worth but he called Tanner Morgan coming back with a source he has 2 days before that was announced so I trust him.

Is the Opponent Arkansas?

I was hoping for Tx A&M

This would be awesome for someone moving to St Pete, FL before Jan 1

Also would be yet another lol to the media bowl pickers who routinely put the Gophers in the worst possible bowl yet it seldom turns out that way.

A buddy of mine and fellow season ticket holder said he has a source that Gophers are going back to the Outback Bowl

Take it for what it’s worth but he called Tanner Morgan coming back with a source he has 2 days before that was announced so I trust him.
Is your source named Griswold?

This would be awesome for someone moving to St Pete, FL before Jan 1

Also would be yet another lol to the media bowl pickers who routinely put the Gophers in the worst possible bowl yet it seldom turns out that way.
Live for some of the year in st Pete beach. Went in 2019. Awesome time

Iowa is going to the Citrus Bowl.

The Gophers, having beat the other 2 teams in the the three-way tie for 5th should definitely be in the Outback Bowl.

CBS has Gophers 20th in the their top 25, headed for Music City and Tennessee.

I have never enjoyed a Gopher sports experience more than ‘19 Outback Bowl. Awesome area, good weather, big time feel and opponent (unlike lower bowls). My dad and I made a last second call and never regretted it. I’ll be there if this is indeed true.

I have never enjoyed a Gopher sports experience more than ‘19 Outback Bowl. Awesome area, good weather, big time feel and opponent (unlike lower bowls). My dad and I made a last second call and never regretted it. I’ll be there if this is indeed true.
Same! The better half and I decided to go in 2019. Yeah flights and hotels were more than I wanted to pay but it was a great experience! As we were walking out of Raymond James the better half said to me how great of a day is this for you? It was one of the best as a Gopher fan! I’m glad we went.

Only a small minority of them. The substantial majority of prognosticators in recent weeks have picked the Gophers in the Music City Bowl or better.

Iowa is going to the Citrus Bowl.

The Gophers, having beat the other 2 teams in the the three-way tie for 5th should definitely be in the Outback Bowl.

Head-to-head is not the only measure of success. The other two teams both had harder schedules and Purdue beat two 10 win teams.

So far I dont like any projected matchups, but my gold plated lock of the year is a Gopher bowl win.

I dont want Tennessee either, they are dross.

I wouldn't say that. High powered offense (9th in scoring nationally) and they're 4-0 against Big Ten teams in their last four bowls. Arkansas and Mississippi State probably would do more for our post-season ranking potential but TN certainly isn't a weak opponent.

Me either. I’d prefer the Outback bowl though, just not Arkansas. They are perhaps the most boring and irrelevant SEC team going to a bowl game that we could play IMHO.

I don't have an opinion on whether or not they are boring (haven't watched them) but they are ranked so a victory over them would be a good one for the end of the season. I've heard friends of mine who aren't Gopher fans say that we're kind of boring with an old-school Woody Hayes type offense.

Head-to-head is not the only measure of success. The other two teams both had harder schedules and Purdue beat two 10 win teams.
Other than the fact that head to head is almost always used as a tiebreaker in standings.

I don't have an opinion on whether or not they are boring (haven't watched them) but they are ranked so a victory over them would be a good one for the end of the season. I've heard friends of mine who aren't Gopher fans say that we're kind of boring with an old-school Woody Hayes type offense.
I think a lot of people think the entire big ten is boring. Basketball and football.

I meant boring in that Arkansas itself has no “juice.” Not really talking about their style of play, which by the way is a little more old school. I’ve seen them play several times this year. They are a good, well coached team by Sam Pittman who loves a more smash mouth in your face style. They would certainly be a worthy on the field opponent. But beating them wouldn’t carry the same weight for me as beating Auburn did or almost any other SEC team.

Top Bottom