Bostick ???

Section201

Reaction score
So, unless I blinked and missed it, Bostick rode the pine til there were less than 3 minutes to play. Is he back in the doghouse? The group on the floor at the end was an odd assortment and did not play together well. It was not a showcase game for Bostick.

Any ideas?

he is our 11th best player, plain and simple. He won't get playing time until be improves his shooting or his driving ability.

He certainly looked rusty. Turnover city.

LOL

I don't think his pass to Tubby helped his cause.

That was pretty funny. Tubby got a nice hand for that play. The first thing I thought was "OMG, someone catch Tubby before he lands in the second row!"

:D

After the game, on the radio, Tibby mentioned that the team was trying to get Bostick a good shot because he didn't get a chance to get into the game earlier.

For Bostick, coming to Minnesota must seem like a nightmare, to this point. His basketball stock has dropped a long way since he recieved high honors in Junior College. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself before the season ends.

why does anyone feel sorry for him. Isn't he a thug who smoked weed and assaulted a peace officer?

Bostick is plain and simple not very good. I'm glad he's a senior and won't be back next year.

Tubby showed decent hands. Honestly, though, I thought the pass was telegraphed.

He certainly looked rusty. Turnover city.

He did look rusty, but I'm guessing it's because he is. It's hard to come off the bench with only a few minutes left, and you're cold - when everyone else is warmed up. Plus, I'm sure he was overly eager to make his mark and earn some playing time. Can't fault him for that - I'm sure he was just excited.

Keep in mind, he was very productive for the Morgan State game. He played 10 minutes, had 9 pts, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 steal. Granted, it was not against Michigan State, but that's pretty impressive for only 10 minutes.

G Lady

He did look rusty, but I'm guessing it's because he is. It's hard to come off the bench with only a few minutes left, and you're cold - when everyone else is warmed up. Plus, I'm sure he was overly eager to make his mark and earn some playing time. Can't fault him for that - I'm sure he was just excited.

Keep in mind, he was very productive for the Morgan State game. He played 10 minutes, had 9 pts, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 steal. Granted, it was not against Michigan State, but that's pretty impressive for only 10 minutes.

I agree. I could not figure out why he had not been in the game and then to be put on the floor in garbage time with a rather odd lineup was not a good setup for him.

That last group of five played like they had never been on the floor together.

no but he couldn't take most d 1 players 1 on 1

Wrong again. Bostick has hole's in his game, but one on one is not his weakness.

Absolutely agree with Costa Rican Gopher. Bostick is probably the best offensive 1 on 1 guy on the entire team. He knows how to create his own shot.

Last year, his lack of attention to defense caused him to sit. It seems like the off the court stuff has done him in this year. Too bad. Because we are NOT a BT title contender without a couple of guys who can create offense - and Bostick (and Joseph) are the only 2 we have - and their minutes look to be limited.

Are you guys talking about Boombostick?

Bostick has Big 10 talent. When he gets out of Tubby's dog house he will win a couple games for us down the stretch with his scoring.

>>Bostick has Big 10 talent.<<

He has one final semester to show it.

When he gets out of Tubby's dog house he will win a couple games for us down the stretch with his scoring.

I'm not so sure he's in Tubby's dog house. He has to earn his playing time. One would have to think that Tubby wouldn't give a suspended player big minutes once they're back.

I think the same would go for Trevor if he's back in the near future. He'll have to earn his playing time like everyone else.

I will say in at least one game last year Bostick was instrumental in the win and that was against Wisconsin.

if bostick could easily create his own shot in the big ten he would be starting or a 6th man for us. This is our biggest weakness (a go to scorer) and any one with a high basketball IQ can watch bostick closely to see that this is not what he is in D1 basketball. He is energy off the bench, but he makes mental mistakes. And don't use any games that he has played in this year to make a case for him, becasue he hasn't played a minute in a game this year when the game is close.

Top Bottom