Bostick vs. Williams

Let's see: A potential first round pick this year in the NBA Draft (and some project him a top 5 pick in 2011) who has the length and athleticism that GM's love at the 2/3 or a JUCO player who has been a disappointment to an extent, has major holes in his game and is coming off a suspension.

This isn't even a debate.

A potential first round pick this year in the NBA Draft (and some project him a top 5 pick in 2011)

:eek: please tell me you we're just kidding

A potential first round pick this year in the NBA Draft (and some project him a top 5 pick in 2011)

:eek: please tell me you we're just kidding

Believe what you want. I'll give more weight to the opinions of people who work in the NBA, talk with NBA people and write about the NBA for a living than random dudes on message boards. And he had a higher draft profile coming into this season than he does right now because of a couple of factors. Which of those are the key ones are still open for debate.

are you of you the guy who stands in the student section and does the quiet ass "devron bostick chant"???

I think we all know.....

who the real a$$hole is....anyone know the truth?

His jump shot hasn't been good this year and it wasn't good last year. Yes, I watch him, and he is out of control. Impressive, he had a dunk against an awful team because he happened to get a good pass while he was standing under the basket wide open. If you think that the shot over his head was his only bad attempt than I wonder if you have some connection to him. Are you really justifying that attempt by saying he was trying to get fouled? Anyone who watches him play knows his game is just trying to go 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 and trying to get his own shot up. He doesn't get that good of looks and he's not a good finisher.

Underground- His jump shot has not been good so far- but he's better than the average Gopher in that area. He almost never is out of control if you actually watch him. He's a good passer and playing better defense than last year (not hard to do). He had a dunk, a reverse lay in for his makes, a baby hook from 5 feet that missed, a good runout play that missed. The only bad shot he took was the attempt near the bucket where he tossed it up over his head- it was obvious he was trying to get fouled on the play as he was in heavy traffic under the basket. I don't think he took an outside shot. I'll not repeat an earlier post but he had the second most assists per minute played last year and he has been getting similar assists this year so I think your accusation about only wanting his own shot is false.

There's no comparison between the potential of Rodney Williams and Bostick when you consider the future of our team. Williams could have his jersey in the rafters if he plays 4 years here. But Bostick can help this team this year. Why not give the guy a chance?

I'm ignoring the asshole but that quote came from Chad Ford and a discussion about Big 10 NBA prospects.

So why didn't you say so to begin with? I guess you were trying to bait FOT. Please guys, take your feud elsewhere.

So why didn't you say so to begin with? I guess you were trying to bait FOT. Please guys, take your feud elsewhere.

Facts are crystal clear. Tubby has had 18 of his players make the NBA in 18 years as head coach.

No, I was trying to interject something I had read into the discussion. I don't give a damn what that crazy stalker has to say.

The REAL Truth Is ...

... Not only has Smith had elite success, but he has prepared his players to have all the skills necessary to make the jump to the next level. Smith has sent 17 players to the NBA during his coaching career. That list includes recent NBA Champion Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics, current Milwaukee Buck Michael Ruffin, Houston Rocket Chuck Hayes, former 10-year veteran Shandon Anderson, Charlotte Bobcat Nazr Mohammed, Detroit Piston Tayshaun Prince, former eight-year veteran Scott Padgett, current Miami Heat Jamaal Magloire, New York Knick Randolph Morris, Golden State Warrior Kelenna Azubuike and Orlando Magic guard Keith Bogans. Other Smith players to reach the NBA include Shea Seals, Wayne Turner, Erik Daniels, Gerald Fitch, Jeff Sheppard and Michael Bradley ...

And Jodie Meeks is #18.

Mental instability. Such a shame that people can't function properly in an on-line setting without losing their faculties.

The topic of this particular feud between you two is hilarious given that it is merely a matter of opinion. Some people don't feel that Tubby prepares players well for the NBA, and some feel that he does. Some would say that the fact that he's had 18 players in the NBA in 18 years is evidence that he does an excellent job of it, and others would say that given all the talent he's had, perhaps there should have been more.

It's all opinion. There's no "fact" in this matter.

My opinion tends to be somewhere in between. I don't necessarily think that Tubby's system is as efficient as many in the college game are for preparing players for the NBA. But, I do think Tubby is one of the most knowledgeable coaches out there and I'm sure he has all the necessary knowledge and experience to develop NBA level talent, as he had in the past.

Bottom line is, any evidence out there can be interpreted in many ways since there is no "fact." Everyone's justified to their opinion and I guess I personally find it a little annoying to have entire threads derailed because people can't accept that.

The topic of this particular feud between you two is hilarious given that it is merely a matter of opinion. Some people don't feel that Tubby prepares players well for the NBA, and some feel that he does. Some would say that the fact that he's had 18 players in the NBA in 18 years is evidence that he does an excellent job of it, and others would say that given all the talent he's had, perhaps there should have been more.

My opinion tends to be somewhere in between. I don't necessarily think that Tubby's system is as efficient as many in the college game are for preparing players for the NBA. But, I do think Tubby is one of the most knowledgeable coaches out there and I'm sure he has all the necessary knowledge and experience to develop NBA level talent, as he had in the past.

Bottom line is, any evidence out there can be interpreted in many ways since there is no "fact." Everyone's justified to their opinion and I guess I personally find it a little annoying to have entire threads derailed because people can't accept that.

That's a fair response.

Tubby put two of his Tulsa players into the NBA. Can you name one since? (Hint: no)

He put a Georgia player into NBA and one of his recruits made it, too. Name many since? (Hint: see other Hint above).

Yes, some of Tubby's players with NBA potential didn't make it.

Some of (fill in the blank)'s players with NBA skills didn't, either.

EXACTLY. It's a matter of opinion and if you read what Chad Ford wrote he offers two reasons: one in the negative for Williams personally and one in the negative for Coach Smith. And you know what? Not all the NBA people feel the same way. The truth, like everything else in life, is always somewhere in the middle. It's never totally black and white because we live in a gray, nuanced and funny world.

Someone though takes anything with even the slightest bit of criticism as a personal attack on Coach Smith. It's a joke because the person spewing the garbage is a bitter, hate filled person who sits behind a computer and won't let anyone have any sort of conversation or legitimate discussion without rushing to his "buddy's" defense when he smells something that may not align with his personal feelings about the man.

I'm not the only person on this board that feels this way either and I'd appreciate it if he'd just leave me the hell alone.

EXACTLY. It's a matter of opinion and if you read what Chad Ford wrote he offers two reasons: one in the negative for Williams personally and one in the negative for Coach Smith. And you know what? Not all the NBA people feel the same way. The truth, like everything else in life, is always somewhere in the middle. It's never totally black and white because we live in a gray, nuanced and funny world.

Someone though takes anything with even the slightest bit of criticism as a personal attack on Coach Smith. It's a joke because the person spewing the garbage is a bitter, hate filled person who sits behind a computer and won't let anyone have any sort of conversation or legitimate discussion without rushing to his "buddy's" defense when he smells something that may not align with his personal feelings about the man.

I'm not the only person on this board that feels this way either and I'd appreciate it if he'd just leave me the hell alone.

Facts (18 players into NBA in 18 years as head coach) trump your spiel. Rodney Williams is 11 games into his college career. Only an idiot could make a judgement about his future at this point. And only a bigger idiot would say that Tubby can't coach NBA players as a result of his first 11 college games.

Top Bottom