Blake can't score against more athletic teams?

Blake is such a good shooter that if he is playing on a team with inside threats and/or a good point guard, he is going to be able to score.

Dropping 20 pts against #8 UNC with Harrison Barnes guarding him over 1/2 the game = Terrible.

I wish Blake knew how to score against taller, more athletic teams. I agree with dboy, Hoffarber should only play 4-5 min/game...he's just no good.

:eek:

I can't wait for dboy's response tonight...

I said it three years ago and I'm going to say it again: 15 years from now Blake is one of those guys who people will still be talking about, a la Trent Tucker, Willie Burton, Bobby Jackson, etc ...

I said it three years ago and I'm going to say it again: 15 years from now Blake is one of those guys who people will still be talking about, a la Trent Tucker, Willie Burton, Bobby Jackson, etc ...

I like Blake and he is a good player but his name should not be mentioned with Treck Tucker, Willie Burton or Bobby Jackson.

Blake proved a lot tonight. Huge game for him and the whole team. Couldn't be happier right now, but hopefully the team holds off celebrating until after the West Virginia game.

Blake proved a lot tonight. Huge game for him and the whole team. Couldn't be happier right now, but hopefully the team holds off celebrating until after the West Virginia game.

I hope the team holds off, but I'm not waiting to celebrate!! What a win!

I hope the team holds off, but I'm not waiting to celebrate!! What a win!
Agreed, this was a HUGE win for the Gophers...can't understate how big this is, even if we lose to WVU on Sunday (but I hope we take them obviously).

I like Blake and he is a good player but his name should not be mentioned with Treck Tucker, Willie Burton or Bobby Jackson.

Well besides the fact that I wrote "Treck" Tucker ... lol ... anyway, my point is that Blake is going to be a player that people talk about for years. Is he as good as those three or will he have the NBA career? No. But at the college level Blake will have several more games this year like tonight to add to his resume. Add in that fact that he's "one of us" and he's going to have a pretty good legacy here, imo.

Shot with people in his face. Can see his advancement over the years. What he did tonite he could not have done the last 3 years. Yes you can easily compare him to Tucker and he probably wins. No, not as quick, will never make the NBA, a purer shooter without question.

Without The Hoff, we lose tonight. That's all we need to know about Mr. Hoff. :)

not so sure

Shot with people in his face. Can see his advancement over the years. What he did tonite he could not have done the last 3 years. Yes you can easily compare him to Tucker and he probably wins. No, not as quick, will never make the NBA, a purer shooter without question.

kyle korver has played quite a while in the nba

i think there is a role for blake in the nba

I like Blake but I wouldn't put him in that "superstar" group with those other guys, I'd put him in the "fan favorites" group with Dusty, Miles Tarver & Townsend Orr.

I like Blake but I wouldn't put him in that "superstar" group with those other guys, I'd put him in the "fan favorites" group with Dusty, Miles Tarver & Townsend Orr.

That is not showing a lot of respect to Blake, those guys were terrible for significant portions of their career and won the fans over by improving. Blake had a shaky sophomore year but has been great in all his other years.

I don't know if he is a Tucker, Burton, or Jackson but he can be in a group with guys like Voshon and Sam Jacobson. Great player, loved by the fans, many memorable moments, and a definite impact guy.

No way dboy says anything. What an embarrassment to the board.

dboy is happy.
dboy almost threw the radio out the window when Mo chuked up the 3 and then gave up an and-1.
dboy has spent the night on the carolina website razzing them... :clap:

dboy did say both harrision and sullinger were overrated.
hoff is a surprise... i though he'd fade this year with the rise of the freshman... but after 4 straight TO's with that bunch in the first half, their time has not yet arrived.

Blake

Thats good if Barnes was guarding Blake. Barnes was lost on offense and lost on defense he looked like a true frosh tonight!

Something like that

I think Korver is like 6' 8"

I agree Korver is taller. I also may not know what I'm talking about because I haven't watched enough Korver to be positive or checked stats but the only contribuitions I see Korver make is shooting threes. Again, no expert but the reason I'm comparing Blake to him is I don't think Korver is an exceptional defender or rebounder....similar to Hoffarber.

Blake can shoot. In the NBA with rules and the size inside....guys are constantly driving and kicking to wide open 3's. Or they skip pass to open 3's but my point is there are a ton of open shot 3's in the NBA. I can't believe Hoffarber doesn't interest someone to come in and shoot threes off the bench as Korver does.

hoff is a surprise... i though he'd fade this year with the rise of the freshman... but after 4 straight TO's with that bunch in the first half, their time has not yet arrived.

The only person "hoff is a surprise" to is you and your pathetic basketball analysis, "baller." Maybe dboy should shut his pie hole about how Blake has no value outside 3 point shooting. He was 5-14 on threes - not exactly lighting it up - and played 37 fantastic minutes.

The only person "hoff is a surprise" to is you and your pathetic basketball analysis, "baller." Maybe dboy should shut his pie hole about how Blake has no value outside 3 point shooting. He was 5-14 on threes - not exactly lighting it up - and played 37 fantastic minutes.

you sound bitter... called out on the KG quote?.. btw, how'd your hero do on the boards in the finals against Gasol last year? didn't Gasol grab 8 on the offensive end? or was it 10?

at least i'm not standing outside the locker room waiting for KG to sign my hat.

you sound bitter... called out on the KG quote?.. btw, how'd your hero do on the boards in the finals against Gasol last year? didn't Gasol grab 8 on the offensive end? or was it 10?

at least i'm not standing outside the locker room waiting for KG to sign my hat.

Not bitter, dbag, just wish you'd shut your pie hole, that's all. I'm quite certain that I'm not alone on that sentiment.

p.s. I don't really give a rats a$$ about Gasol, KG or the NBA finals.

Not bitter, dbag, just wish you'd shut your pie hole, that's all. I'm quite certain that I'm not alone on that sentiment.

p.s. I don't really give a rats a$$ about Gasol, KG or the NBA finals.

of course you dont care... now that you've been called out...

maybe a better name is 'fake'. there, i made a joke... "fake jake".. funny.

Top Bottom