Bison in FCS playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mankato local ? MSU plays on Viking training camp field. Minnesota State University - 17 Missouri Western State University - 10 On to Division II semi-finals.

I think we need to start a thread about who has the best intramural flag football team.

I think we need to start a thread about who has the best intramural flag football team.

We made the class B final four, pretty nasty spread attack in my opinion and a suffocating zone defense. With all 9 players on the roster returning, Spring 2013 could be a season to remember.

Actually that award would go right to me and The Little Chocolate donuts dominating run at NDSU from 1993-1997. Pretty much an unstoppable force.

As far as the Bison goes....if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around does it make a sound? The little chocolate donuts were the best team on the NDSU campus.

Actually that award would go right to me and The Little Chocolate donuts dominating run at NDSU from 1993-1997. Pretty much an unstoppable force.

As far as the Bison goes....if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around does it make a sound? The little chocolate donuts were the best team on the NDSU campus.

What is more accurate in this day and age: "If a man talks in the middle of the woods and his wife isn't around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Some Gophers fans are interested in discussing another local team that has caused us (Gopher fans) some grief in the past. Get over it.

p.s. Your bunched up panties are showing.

you can discuss the bison all you want right here.

bisonville.com

bisonville.com

+1

And if you want to discuss the Gophers on Bisonville, they have a forum about that: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-News-About-Other-Schools

As you note, this is the Gopherhole, not the Gopher and Bisonhole. If you go to the Bison football board and want to discuss the Gophers, you'll be informed that the Bison football board is for Bison football, not for Gopher football.

I don't care but when do the Sioux play again?

bisonville.com

Yeah, that's a great place to talk about how much I hate NDSU.

I don't think you really want to be a jackass, so let me explain some things. I'm a huuuuge Gophers fan, have been since '84. So I like Gopherhole. But sometimes my fanhood of the Gophers leads me to talk about Gophers' opponents of the past and future. Even more, my residence in Fargo leads me to hate the Bison more every Saturday. Do you know what the headline in my Sunday paper was the day after the Bison beat the Gophers last year? "BETTER THAN U!"

So I hate 'em, and sometimes I want to talk about 'em. And as a Gophers fan, I do it here. If I did it at Bisonville, I'd be a troll. If I do it here, I'm a Gophers fan.

Does it all make more sense now?

I don't think you really want to be a jackass, so let me explain some things. I'm a huuuuge Gophers fan, have been since '84. So I like Gopherhole. But sometimes my fanhood of the Gophers leads me to talk about Gophers' opponents of the past and future. Even more, my residence in Fargo leads me to hate the Bison more every Saturday. Do you know what the headline in my Sunday paper was the day after the Bison beat the Gophers last year? "BETTER THAN U!"

So I hate 'em, and sometimes I want to talk about 'em. And as a Gophers fan, I do it here. If I did it at Bisonville, I'd be a troll. If I do it here, I'm a Gophers fan.

It's always made sense, however, the reaction to discussion about the Bison on here is going to be "who cares" and "this isn't bisonville". You're free to discuss it, probably on the Off Topic Board, but you need to realize that you're going to get this reaction. It's just like you're going to get the reaction from Bisonville if you go over there and troll.

The vast majority of people here care about the Bison about as much as we care about St. Thomas or the Little Chocolate Donuts of NDSU intramural fame. . .so it is what it is.

Actually, I am not getting this reaction. The original poster is. But I'm sticking up for him, because I think this is a totally legit topic for Gopherhole, as I explained above.

Unlike the Tommies or the old chocolate bungholes, the Bison have a history of beating the Gophers multiple times in recent memory. What some people here don't recognize is that we aren't all the same here. Most of you guys live in the Cities - I live in Fargo, the home of the Bison and their obnoxious fans. This is a topic that's on my mind, and evidently, on some others' as well.

Well, for starters. We don't play in the minor leagues. The FCS playoffs are meaningless as they come. Equivalent to the AAA Playoffs.

That's probably a good thing since the Gophers have a losing record against the minor league teams. Fairly typical that everyone on this board would cheer for one of the few FCS teams the Gophers actually beat.

OK, let's go from here:

I wish the NDSU Bison many good lucks in their quest for a 2nd straight FCS Championship.

I wish MORE LUCK to the Minnesota Gophers and their quest for a win at the NATIONALLY TELEVISED ESPN MEINEKI BOWL in Houston Texas on December 28, 2012.

Let's pull together, all right?

we played bowling green in the past. can i make threads up about bowling green? gopher sports only has schedules up until 2019 and the bison aren't on any of them. once we get the bison on the schedule then they will be a future opponent, and up for discussion. the bison are as much of a future opponent as arizona is.

bisonville.com

we played bowling green in the past. can i make threads up about bowling green? gopher sports only has schedules up until 2019 and the bison aren't on any of them. once we get the bison on the schedule then they will be a future opponent, and up for discussion. the bison are as much of a future opponent as arizona is.

bisonville.com

If Bowling Green had beaten the Gophers last year, and their fans were crowing about it, and they were the national champs in their division, then I wouldn't be offended if a Gophers fan living in Bowling Green, Kentucky posted something about it on the Gophers forum.

gopherhole.com

Let's bring this back to MN/Gophers. Again this year we have a number of teams competing deep into their respective divisions. These teams all have MN kids doing well for them. This tells me that MN football is not bad. I also think it supports that our football players may be late bloomers. It also shows that kids want to be part of a winner. If Kill can get us winning, I think more and more of these kids would be willing to walk on. Coach Caruso commented on the radio the other day that around 75% of his players turned down scholarships to come to St. Thomas. If MN is a winning option the walk on program should grow.

Actually, I am not getting this reaction. The original poster is. But I'm sticking up for him, because I think this is a totally legit topic for Gopherhole, as I explained above.

Unlike the Tommies or the old chocolate bungholes, the Bison have a history of beating the Gophers multiple times in recent memory. What some people here don't recognize is that we aren't all the same here. Most of you guys live in the Cities - I live in Fargo, the home of the Bison and their obnoxious fans. This is a topic that's on my mind, and evidently, on some others' as well.

It was directed at anyone who posts about the Bison on Gopherhole. You said you like to talk Bison football on Gopherhole, that's fine, but this is going to be the reaction that you or anyone who posts the same stuff will receive. I'm not even really bashing you, I chose to click this link. However, expect a negative reaction. Your going to receive one because very few people here care about the Bison and Bison fans (and enemies) seem to want to post about it on Gopherhole. Again, I have no issue, I clicked on it. I am just saying that this is going to be the reaction you receive.

As far as living in Fargo, well, I guess the majority of us don't really care. It's a Gopher football message board, not a "What's Happening in Fargo Forum". I understand why you'd care more than I would. I follow MN high school sports pretty closely, so I follow the goings on of the Bison as well. However, it's not Gopher football and a huge portion of Gopher fans don't care about the Bison (regardless of where you happen to live).

If someone wishes to start a combination Bison and Gopher board, by all means, start your own board.

If Bowling Green had beaten the Gophers last year, and their fans were crowing about it, and they were the national champs in their division, then I wouldn't be offended if a Gophers fan living in Bowling Green, Kentucky posted something about it on the Gophers forum.

gopherhole.com
Fun fact, the University of Bowling Green isn't in Kentucky.

One of the pleasures of moving down here to the Twin Cities for college and beyond was NOT EVER HAVING TO LISTEN TO JIM ADELSON DRONE ON AND ON AND ON ABOUT THE BISON AND THE SIOUX, THE BISON AND THE SIOUX. I guess I can run, but I can't hide. F the Sioux and the Bison they rode in on.

Forum: Minnesota Gopher Sports Sub-forum: 7 National Titles Football Forum.

None of this currently relates to Gopher football. This thread needs to be locked and/or deleted.

On Saturday afternoon, North Dakota State will host the Wofford Terriers. Last Saturday, Wofford beat New Hampshire 23-7. We beat New Hampshire 44-7 early in the season. There's your Gophers angle on this NDSU playoff run.

Go Wofford, beat the Fighting Sioux !!!!!

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up here there is a phrase that is used pretty much everywhere but in Fargo. It says it all and goes back to at least Rocky Hagar's sleazy days.

Buck the Fison.

Wofford, I've heard rumors that they're going to be the 15th member of the Big Ten. We were going to get NDSU but there is a rule in place that states that if your full stadium is the 6th largest city in the state, then you can't join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom