Bill Moos

After he said "8-9" wins is a realistic expectation going into next season ... kinda knew that guy wasn't good at doing AD thing.

Just an unnecessary comment.

Let alone the whole trying to move the OU game ... that looked really bad.

Edit:

Rumors on the internet this might be some move by Frost... seems bonkers to let Frost, with his record, drive the department but I enjoy the absurdity of the idea.

Last edited:

If Frost went whining to Osborne and other influential boosters like “this guy needs to go, he’s preventing me winning here”, I could see them taking care of it. Wild guess

He bet the house when he hired Frost and filled the NE fans' ears with national championships talk.
He is the first rat off of a sinking ship.

What power struggle would that be? Hiring Frost?
Well it is known frost and moos do not have a well rounded relationship... Frost went behind moos's to get the oklahoma game dropped... moos had set the bar at 8-9 wins this year.. (which won't happen)... In a few nebraska reports frost will be a main player in naming a new A.D. moos has also been very public about the whole oklahoma kerfuffle and has been heard talking about how frosts expectations could result in his dismissal..

The A.D. had specifically stated numerous times and very adamant he was not going to leave Nebraska..YET... He didn't retire.. multiple new sources say he was relieved of his dutys..

I've got many friends with ties to that program. 2 of which are ex players.. I'm just passing along the info as I was told. There was a power struggle.. the darling of all nebby (frost) won....

Frost's seat just got a lot warmer!
My take on this as well. New AD will be under a ton of pressure to get football back where the fans expect it to be. If it doesn't look like Frost is going to get it done the new guy won't hesitate to fire him and bring in his own guy.

Of course the flip side to this would be if they were to hire one of Frost's buddies to run the department. Will be interesting to see which direction they go with the hire.

AD changes can be a big deal...or not.

I myself focus on the Prez and the AD for which way the wind is blowing.

Don't know dick about Nebbie with or without Moos but do know it was Prexy Mark Yudof that started to turn the Titannic around for us...fortunately before we hit the iceberg and sank.

Last edited:

My boss and another co-worker are huge Nebraska fans. from what they're reading on blogs and message boards, there is a lot of confusion over this move.

the early consensus is that this was not Moos' decision - that someone orchestrated it.

My thought - if Nebraska of all places believes that they have to get a more "football-friendly" AD in place, that says a lot about the current state of the program.

Even if Frost was working behind the scenes on this deal, he needs to start winning now. We've seen how the fan base there can turn on a winning coach. Even if Frost is the hometown hero, they won't stand for losing teams much longer.

Snakes in the grass everywhere. What a way to build a winning program.

They are drinking tainted koolaid in Lincoln. Everyone is delusional.

My boss and another co-worker are huge Nebraska fans. from what they're reading on blogs and message boards, there is a lot of confusion over this move.

the early consensus is that this was not Moos' decision - that someone orchestrated it.

My thought - if Nebraska of all places believes that they have to get a more "football-friendly" AD in place, that says a lot about the current state of the program.

Even if Frost was working behind the scenes on this deal, he needs to start winning now. We've seen how the fan base there can turn on a winning coach. Even if Frost is the hometown hero, they won't stand for losing teams much longer.

how would they get a more "football-friendly" AD?
Moos was AD at Oregon during their rise in football.
he also hired Mike Leach at Wash St and oversaw their rise from irrelevance before taking the Nebraska job.
he also got it done for the fanbase by hiring the Golden Child to coach the FB team.

I've seen lots of speculation in different posts about the reason. one to watch is those that are clamoring for a younger guy who can be creative in exploiting the NIL changes. with Husker FB the only game in town, look for lots of "paid public appearances" and players in commercials for the local used auto dealers.

The lesser players will promote Casa De Autos dealership. Wait, that is in Las Cruces New Mexico.

Last edited:

Well it is known frost and moos do not have a well rounded relationship... Frost went behind moos's to get the oklahoma game dropped... moos had set the bar at 8-9 wins this year.. (which won't happen)... In a few nebraska reports frost will be a main player in naming a new A.D. moos has also been very public about the whole oklahoma kerfuffle and has been heard talking about how frosts expectations could result in his dismissal..

The A.D. had specifically stated numerous times and very adamant he was not going to leave Nebraska..YET... He didn't retire.. multiple new sources say he was relieved of his dutys..

I've got many friends with ties to that program. 2 of which are ex players.. I'm just passing along the info as I was told. There was a power struggle.. the darling of all nebby (frost) won....
Thanks for passing the info.

Bad situation for Moos. He knew he wanted out of Lincoln and was going to retire to his ranch in Eastern Washington anyway ... so they just let him go a year and half earlier than he planned.

Frost will do whatever he needs to do to save his neck. He knows his ship in Lincoln is sinking, and it's an embarrassment.

The whole problem is that he can't "out-talent" other Big Ten teams, like he could at Central Florida vs the other American Conf programs.

How very sad for them when Ames is superior to Lincoln, in football, which is very much the case at the moment.

Their new $150M football practice palace isn't going to do anything either. They're just getting up to the level of what Oregon, Alabama, and Clemson have built recently.

I don't know how frost can have the support he has... He has proven nothing at Nebraska.. He was great at ucf but there is a talent base there far exceeding most areas.... When you live in the past, your blind to the present I guess

Here's the way I see it, they have changed everything except for the coach, he's next.

Top Bottom