Big Ten Men's Ice Hockey Tournament Bracket Announced

Gophers certainly are more pretenders than contenders

A Bob Motzko team folding at playoff time...who would have thought...

When this team loses, it seems like everybody falls in love with their own magical puckhandling skills. Little things like shooting and trying to score are secondary. And this game has had a ton of it. They fully deserve a 2-0 deficit.
Been behind for about 95 of 110 minutes—need to channel 2003 NCAA semi-final and rally from 2-0 deficit & win in OT: unfortunately Vanek is unlikely to materialize...

Weird 2nd goal to tie from the beginning to the end. I'll take it.

Two pretty soft goals given up by the Michigan goalie in this one. Then again....the second goal that the Gophers gave up probably should have been stopped too.

Nice play at the end to put this away. Perhaps our best to come starting Tuesday night and forward to win a NC. Get nervous watching these guys.

I was ripping on Motzko, but his boys had a nice 3rd period comeback and subsequent OT win.

Nice game. Was looking awfully sketchy there for a while. The Gophers just look like a bipolar team. At times they look quick as lightning...and other times it just looks like they are going through the motions. That OT was all Gophers.

Side note....Huskies playing in the NCHC Championship tomorrow night too. Might catch a break and get Denver...who's beating ND 1-0 with about ten minutes remaining in the game.

Side note....Huskies playing in the NCHC Championship tomorrow night too. Might catch a break and get Denver...who's beating ND 1-0 with about ten minutes remaining in the game.
Odds are you just jinxed it. Never talk about a rival being down by one in the third.

Like I said yesterday.

Its survive and advance season. Lets go.

Hopefully Cloud takes the Penrose

Way to go

No better drama than close playoff hockey. That was a lot of fun!

Great 4 games of hockey today/tonight.

2 best possible match ups for tomorrow night.

Tonight is the biggest game in modern Big Ten hockey history.

Tonight is the biggest game in modern Big Ten hockey history.
I can’t wait! Is it so big because the two teams are highly ranked? Does the winner get a 1 seed and the loser a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament?

I can’t wait! Is it so big because the two teams are highly ranked? Does the winner get a 1 seed and the loser a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament?
Two top five teams in the country. First game between two 20+ win teams this season. 300th meeting against the Gophers' biggest current rival. Hobey Baker winner on the other team. Two highest even strength goal scorers in the country facing off (Caufield vs. Ranta). Ranta was going to be a badger until a few weeks before classes started. #1 seed in the tournament on the line. First time these two have played in a conference championship since 1990.

This game is huge.

Top Bottom