Big Ten Men's Ice Hockey Tournament Bracket Announced

Two top five teams in the country. First game between two 20+ win teams this season. 300th meeting against the Gophers' biggest current rival. Hobey Baker winner on the other team. Two highest even strength goal scorers in the country facing off (Caufield vs. Ranta). Ranta was going to be a badger until a few weeks before classes started. #1 seed in the tournament on the line. First time these two have played in a conference championship since 1990.

This game is huge.
Awesome. Thanks for this color

Mea culpa. I gave up at 2-0. Shame on me. Let's finish it off tonight!

Don't blame you. The Gophers looked stumped against MSU the night before too. Let's hope they carry some momentum into the game tonight.

I wasn't watching, tuned in for OT only and was hoping I wouldn't jinx it by watching, glad I didn't!

While the team still can be inconsistent at times, when they are on they are on. The pressure in OT that lead to the goal is something I am not used to seeing from Gopher Hockey, and I am glad I am starting to see it.

While the team still can be inconsistent at times, when they are on they are on. The pressure in OT that lead to the goal is something I am not used to seeing from Gopher Hockey, and I am glad I am starting to see it.
They basically played like that the whole 3rd period and OT. And like crap the first two periods. You wonder why they wait to turn it on like that.

They will need to start well against uw.

They basically played like that the whole 3rd period and OT. And like crap the first two periods. You wonder why they wait to turn it on like that.

Funny that the announcers were talking about Motzko wanting to avoid dumb penalties early and then McLaughlin promptly dumps a guy and we give up goal during their PP. Maybe this time they will actually listen.

Yeah, it's been getting better, but still really strange how hot and cold the team can be.

Guys looking quick out there early on.

Missed a great opportunity....and then cashed in on a great move by McLaughlin as the PP expired.

1-0 good guys.

We've had multiple other scoring chances too. Looks like a night and day difference from how they've come out recently.

Woohoo! And the Huskies tally a goal about two minutes in to take an early lead on ND. 1-0!

And worth noting....the Huskies have now played in five of the seven NCHC Tournament finals. Only won once. Hopefully that changes tonight.

Last edited:

Wisky seemed to be getting the better play late in the first. Adjust and keep adding

Wild, Gophers and Cloud all up 1-0.

Unfortunately I'm not usually this lucky.

Look like a completely different team. It's even strength right now and you wouldn't know it.

Wow. This team is scary good when they are playing like this. And they've missed a FEW scoring chances too.

3-1 good guys.

And the Huskies are up 2-1 with a little over a minute left in the first.

Skating circles around wisconsin and its our third day in a row with a game, looking like a frozen 4 team

Keep playing like this in NCAA and they have a chance.
They can beat absolutely anyone. If they keep playing like this, North Dakota and Co. better watch out. I don't think I've ever seen the Gophers look this fast and precise on an NHL sized rink. They usually look congested and out of sync. Like MUGopher said, this is fun.

Top Bottom