Big Ten Football Schedule Released (Gophers open with Michigan State)

cant believe we have Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin in back to back weeks. After that schedule seems easy. Wisconsins schedule is just to easy and tough games spread out. Start strong Gophers0312d680-d716-11ea-b97f-c8915210ea7c.jpeg

Crap. This came out one day too late. I wonder if Bateman would have chosen to stay if things were looking more optimistic for a season.

I’m going with 5-5 for the season, and that might be too optimistic.

It doesn't matter. There won't be a full season. We'll be lucky to play 1 game.

Odd to see Michigan-Ohio St playing in October.

Definitely would've liked to spread out those first five games -- particularly Mich, Iowa, and Wisc (brutal) -- but missing both OSU and PSU is obviously huge. The biggest problem is that Wisconsin does as well, and they have the added benefits of playing Rutgers and having a bye between Mich and Iowa. Sets up very well for them, unfortunately.

Probably moot points, but something to talk about for the next week or so anyway...

I don't see this as super favorable ... PJ's gopher teams haven't start super hot ... and that's where the meat of the schedule is.

IF (and its a huge IF) this season gets played it will be interesting to see what kind of record wins the B1G West. If we go 2-2 the first four I would feel pretty confident about our chances. You go 1-3 in those first four we could still win out but at that point you are almost assured of a best case scenario where you are lucking out on tie breakers to get the bid.

But this is all of today, another prominent beat writer just tweeted he is hearing a top 5 player in the country will opt out soon. Justin Fields or Rondale Moore type guy sit who knows. Bateman and Parsons might be the tip of the iceberg.

Challenging? Yes. Exciting? Yes. That September schedule will make for some tense viewing in my household.

Gosh, was it Reusse that used to give Brewster such a hard time for scheduling cupcakes? Didn't he have some bit about Brewster serving cupcakes in his Turkey of the Year article? I might be remembering that all wrong.

calling 7-3
would have been 8-2 with Bateman

but the BIG IF is getting ten games in!
I think either is reasonable expectation with or without Bateman. I have no doubt another WR will emerge...not to match Bateman of course, but strong enough to again have a two WR threat.

I would be disappointed if Gophs would end up 5-5.

Under this schedule getting either or both Floyd and The Axe back would be awesome.

Assuming we keep The Chair, any wins beyond these are gravy.

written with the assumption that "who the hell knows" in mind...

A) will there be bowl games-has this been announced?

and if so

B) what would the win threshold be? 5 wins?

My thoughts are "IF" the season gets completed, there will be bowl games. The TV revenue is too much to pass up. They would obviously be toned down significantly, with regards to fans/peripheral events but still possible.

Any word about attending games? I see the scheduling notice but nothing about whether the games will take place in front of spectators.

Any word about attending games? I see the scheduling notice but nothing about whether the games will take place in front of spectators.
No word at all.

Radio silence so far as far as MN goes.

I hate wisconsin's schedule. Was their schedule always so easy or did their cross-over games change?

Challenging? Yes. Exciting? Yes. That September schedule will make for some tense viewing in my household.

Gosh, was it Reusse that used to give Brewster such a hard time for scheduling cupcakes? Didn't he have some bit about Brewster serving cupcakes in his Turkey of the Year article? I might be remembering that all wrong.

I have a hard time believing Reusse or anyone would chide Brewster about scheduling cupcakes. Right away Brewster chose to beef up the schedule with USC and North Carolina.

Glad to see Black Friday in Lincoln to have been removed from the schedule.

Glad to see Black Friday in Lincoln to have been removed from the schedule.

Why? That's awesome to get to be a showcase game on Black Friday. And it will still be on Black Friday when we host them in 2021.

Top Bottom