Big Ten Football Schedule Released (Gophers open with Michigan State)

Combination of TV and schedule flexibility I'm guessing. If they proceed, there will almost certainly be games postponed/re-scheduled as we've seen in MLB.

There is a story on yahoo about the schedule. Basically it was setup in a way to make it easy to shift things around if there are issues early in the season due to Covid.

If we make it to October undefeated (which is a tall order), I think we have a good chance to end the regular season undefeated. The west division would also be ours to lose in that scenario since we would have the tie-breaker over the other two top contenders in the division.

I am not saying this will happen, it will be tough, just my outlook if we did. We will know what kind of team the 2020 Gophers are by the end of September if all the games are played.

If we make it to October undefeated (which is a tall order), I think we have a good chance to end the regular season undefeated. The west division would also be ours to lose in that scenario since we would have the tie-breaker over the other two top contenders in the division.

I am not saying this will happen, it will be tough, just my outlook if we did. We will know what kind of team the 2020 Gophers are by the end of September if all the games are played.

That's assuming we aren't pulling guys like me out of the stands at that point ;)

Oh my that's a shame ... it looks like he got hurt warming up ... or maybe just jogging onto the field?!?!?

PJ Fleck has never lost a game before September 21 in his tenure at Minnesota?
He's had the luxury of playing worse teams early in the season. Yes, he's pulled out wins each time, but have you just completely forgotten how rough we looked against SDSU, Fresno State, and Georgia Southern last year? It could just be a case of playing to their opponent's level, but I'd prefer we look a little better than that to start this season.

He's had the luxury of playing worse teams early in the season. Yes, he's pulled out wins each time, but have you just completely forgotten how rough we looked against SDSU, Fresno State, and Georgia Southern last year? It could just be a case of playing to their opponent's level, but I'd prefer we look a little better than that to start this season.
Hard to tell me a team starts slow when they literally haven’t lost an early season game.

I did admit that they didn’t start “super fast”
But they certainly haven’t started slow if you consider winning games the object of playing

Indeed.

We had a long drive to get back in the game Iowa ... didn't happen. Did happen vs SDSU.

If we're as rusty to start the season as we have been, but vs B1G teams, I don't think we win those early season games.

Top Bottom