Bielema pours it on...

I think I'm gonna need to see a link on that one.

Here ya go! http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...oathe-Burt-Bulimia&highlight=bielema+michigan

I knew I had seen the quote before, sounds like it came from a radio interview, so it might be difficult to find the recording of him actually saying it, but I doubt the OP of the thread just straight-up lied.

EDIT: Also brought up here on Buckyville, though it seems like it was by a Minnesota fan trying to troll. http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/43887/B1G-Media-Day#.UKBpSodfCSp

And this looks like the place where the audio would be, though it seems to have been taken down. http://podbay.fm/show/140751701/e/1311893009?autostart=1

Here ya go! http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...oathe-Burt-Bulimia&highlight=bielema+michigan

I knew I had seen the quote before, sounds like it came from a radio interview, so it might be difficult to find the recording of him actually saying it, but I doubt the OP of the thread just straight-up lied.
It's from Big Ten media day 2011 when Justin Gaard interviewed pretty much every coach in the conference. Believe what you want. If you read the thread, I'm not the only one who heard it.

It's from Big Ten media day 2011 when Justin Gaard interviewed pretty much every coach in the conference. Believe what you want. If you read the thread, I'm not the only one who heard it.

Oh I believe you, I was just trying to see if I could find the hard evidence, which would be the audio clip of him actually saying it.

This.

If IU is so terrible that that they let Wisconsin's 4th string roll over them, well too bad. I'm no Badger fan, but those players who only get in the game in a blowout situation are going to play as hard as they can, as well they should.

I'm still calling BS. It's odd it doesn't show up in any Google search with a source other than Gopher Hole (and me asking about it on Buckyville), yet "on the card," which no one disputes him saying, has page after page of hits. Again, as stated, Michigan boards and newspapers would have been all over this if it had actually occurred.

Don't mind you hating on Bielema, but don't think you should just make stuff up. Was Bielema holding a chairleg when he supposedly said this?

I do recall the quote and I can tell you exactly where I was on the road home from work when I heard it. It was on a KFAN radio interview and unless someone can dig up a podcast of the interview, I doubt it can be reproduced. It was at media-day time. It was not in print. Given it was on KFAN and not somthing that could be cut and pasted into an email or message board this is likely why it never made a blip within the Michigan fan base.

Although I can remember exactly where I was when I heard it, what I can't remember is the exact quote - the exact words. I can't verify if the words used here to quote that comment are exact, or not. In fact, from what I can remember of the quote it seems as though BB's words were chosen poorly but perhaps he wasn't exactly suggesting Wisconsin's football program had eclipsed Michigan - it could just be taken that way given the words he chose that day.

Perhaps someone can ping Justin Gaard, who used to post here because I'm guessing he would remember the quote.

I'm still calling BS. It's odd it doesn't show up in any Google search with a source other than Gopher Hole (and me asking about it on Buckyville), yet "on the card," which no one disputes him saying, has page after page of hits. Again, as stated, Michigan boards and newspapers would have been all over this if it had actually occurred.

Don't mind you hating on Bielema, but don't think you should just make stuff up. Was Bielema holding a chairleg when he supposedly said this?
"I don't mind being called a liar when I am lying, when I am about to lie or just finished lying... but not when I am telling the truth."

Ask yourself this, if I made that quote up, why didn't a single Badger fan question it when it was first posted? There are several who posted in that thread (yourself included). I agree completely that it would be all over every Michigan board, if they knew about it. He didn't say it during his press conference at Media Day. It was a one-on-one interview with the Gopher beat reporter, and KFAN had just started its increased Gopher coverage as the new flagship.

OMG give it up. We get it, you HATE Wisconsin, you hate the Badgers, you want to name your dog Bucky so you cabe beat him. If Jerry Kill scores 55 points and wins big, it's OK, but since it was BB and the Badgers, it's an unacceptable circumstance. Can't we learn to respect the UW football program (because they win) and feel satisfaction if/when we beat them? I think it's immature to have such inate resent for an entity like the UW football program for no reason other than the fact that it shares a border with the state you cheer for.

I wish we could have a moratorium on Badger-related posts. All it does is start a p*ssing match and nothing stinks worse than Badger p*ss.

OMG give it up. We get it, you HATE Wisconsin, you hate the Badgers, you want to name your dog Bucky so you cabe beat him. If Jerry Kill scores 55 points and wins big, it's OK, but since it was BB and the Badgers, it's an unacceptable circumstance. Can't we learn to respect the UW football program (because they win) and feel satisfaction if/when we beat them? I think it's immature to have such inate resent for an entity like the UW football program for no reason other than the fact that it shares a border with the state you cheer for.

Isn't that pretty much the definition of a sports rivalry? If you have such a problem with people hating the Badgers, maybe you shouldn't be a Gopher fan.

KFAN does have the old podcasts, but it seems like everything from Media Days 2011 is a bad link. You might email Gaard or KFAN and see if they still have them saved.

Take a long trip down a short road.

I wish we could have a moratorium on Badger-related posts. All it does is start a p*ssing match and nothing stinks worse than Badger p*ss.

You, sir, have obviously never owned a cat (not that anyone can really "own" a cat, but you catch my drift).

Score until the whistle or horn sounds. Wheat grass for our neighbors- and the moosh moosh. Sport.

I disagree...Hawkeye piss stinks worse. I know that for a fact. After all, I am the Supervisor of Referees of all pissing matches.

I disagree...Hawkeye piss stinks worse. I know that for a fact. After all, I am the Supervisor of Referees of all pissing matches.

Did you do a well controlled, double blind, urine stench study?

You, sir, have obviously never owned a cat (not that anyone can really "own" a cat, but you catch my drift).

I have owned several cats and while they stink, none of them spread around the vile odor of the Badgerus Fanicus.

zwepz.jpg

I'm sure Gaard's just making it up, though.

Wisconsin is back-to-back defending B1G champion and will be playing for its 3rd consecutive Big Ten Title, while Michigan hasn't won the league since 2004. Wisconsin did in fact pass Michigan during the Rich Rod years, so what's the controversy?

Wisconsin is back-to-back defending B1G champion and will be playing for its 3rd consecutive Big Ten Title, while Michigan hasn't won the league since 2004. Wisconsin did in fact pass Michigan during the Rich Rod years, so what's the controversy?

The controversy is that they feel like they have passed franchises with national titles because of some moderate recent success. They have, a few times in recent history, come within a couple of wins of a national championship but still not won. That would be like if the Packers missed the playoffs for a decade, the Vikings went to a couple of NFC championship games, and then claimed to be a better franchise then the Packers even if they never win a Super Bowl.

Nice work as always dpodoll68!

TAW, thoughts?

Go Gophers!!

I still doubt he said it, as quoted. No one with a brain thinks the Badgers have passed Michigan, as a program. Over the years, Michigan has been much more trouble to us than even Ohio State. My boss is a Michigan grad and if the Michigan Nation had heard anything like this, I would certainly have heard it from him (again and again and again).

I still doubt he said it, as quoted. No one with a brain thinks the Badgers have passed Michigan, as a program. Over the years, Michigan has been much more trouble to us than even Ohio State. My boss is a Michigan grad and if the Michigan Nation had heard anything like this, I would certainly have heard it from him (again and again and again).

Well played sir.

It was audio-only, from a media-day interview, with Justin Gaard interviewing BB. I remember KFAN playing the interview, along with some commentary on the nuts it took for BB to say that, for what it is worth. I heard the audio from the interview, as well as the commentary associated with it on the Bumper to Bumper show.

The problem is it was a radio spot over a year ago. I can't remember the exact details or exact words used. I can only remember the general take I had: that BB's chest had expanded a bit too far for his buttons.

I guess the question should be "How could the Michigan fan base get in a lather over a radio interview in Minnesota?" rather than "Why didn't they pick up on this?"

TAW put himself/herself out there with this post. Hopefully KFAN can find the audio so we can see a few posts eating crow from TAW and a few posts acknowledging what we've always known that BB doesn't have a brain.

As others have pointed out, this happened well over a year ago. Was your boss listening to KFAN on a late Thursday afternoon in July? As I said earlier, several Badger fans posted in the original thread (including you), yet no one questioned the quote then. Why do you think that is? I remember listening to the interview while I was walking my dog after work. I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't post the thread on here until after I listened back to the interview on KFAN on Demand (which is typically posted about 10-15 minutes after the top of the hour). The interview aired during the 5 o'clock hour, I posted the thread at 6:18 pm. While it is entirely possible that I only heard what I wanted to hear, I highly doubt it. I went to J school before I got bored with it and I wouldn't have put the exchange inside quote marks if it wasn't word for word (from both Gaard and the coach). If I'm wrong, I will be more than willing to offer a sincere apology for attempting to sully the reputation of Mr. Bielema.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4xupd0z1rlod/

(Download should work for you; if not, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.)

My own transcript (beginning at the 6:30 mark):

JG: And what is the next step following up, I mean top, y'know...you're going for a Big Ten title every year, that's obvious, but how far away do you think you are from maybe that Ohio State, Michigan-type tradition?

BB: Well, I think, uh, obviously get as close as we can to Ohio State's success, ya know...I think we're beyond Michigan, beat them the last couple years...

What say you, TAW? Still want to continue your protests? GHers generally don't appreciate being called liars.

No one with a brain....TAW the boys over on Beckyville better not see that quote. You will be boiled
in oil from the brainless ones, which I might add is quite extensive

Top Bottom