Beyoncé to Perform at Gophers Huntington Bank Stadium on July 20, 2023

Vividly remember getting caught in that deluge while bar hopping in NE, and thinking "those poor bastards at the U2 concert". :ROFLMAO:

Apparently though, Bono playing solo in the downpour was one of the most iconic moments in Twin Cities concert history. Or so some say

Beyoncé fan? 😄

When Beyonce played at TCF, I swear we could hear the bass at our house in a second ring northern suburb. Best concert = second row center seats for David Bowie at St. Paul Civic Center. Our eyes met :love: :)
or Bonnie Raitt at the State Fair the night Stevie Ray Vaughn died. She played with such emotion.

Saw Thorogood at the Orpheum in very early 90s. They stopped about halfway through the concert and filmed a Budweiser commercial. Fun concert. The guy can jam for sure.

Probably my more recent favorite concert was Gary Clark Jr at the Palace Theater in DT StP the summer of 2017. Absolutely great venue for live music. Theater was remodeled maybe a year before. The most memorable part was actually running into him later after the concert as he walked from the theater to the St. Paul Hotel where he was staying. I lived in a building right across from the hotel. Was taking the pooch out for a late night whizz in the park right there and he came walking up, stopping to look at the Peanuts statues in the park. He asked me about the statues.

Hey if anyone can purchase two tickets I will buy them. My wife’s favorite artist :)

Nice that the weather cooperated. Looks like a wonderful evening at the Bank.

I have no visibility to the strange world of the music business.

I wonder how it is Beyonce has played at the U twice now while other big shows seem to prefer US Bank Stadium.

I wonder how it is Beyonce has played at the U twice now while other big shows seem to prefer US Bank Stadium.
Don't you think it is obvious that she is a huge Gopher fan?!!!

Perhaps better acoustics, as the Strib called out.

Props to Queen Bey for choosing the outdoor Gophers football stadium over the acoustically challenging U.S. Bank Stadium, which is in vogue with other big stars. She's performed in both venues before, and although she had to deal with a rain delay in 2016 at the University of Minnesota gridiron, this show went off without a hitch.

Perhaps better acoustics, as the Strib called out.

Props to Queen Bey for choosing the outdoor Gophers football stadium over the acoustically challenging U.S. Bank Stadium, which is in vogue with other big stars. She's performed in both venues before, and although she had to deal with a rain delay in 2016 at the University of Minnesota gridiron, this show went off without a hitch.
Yeah US Bank I hear (or don’t) is a hell hole for many seats acoustics.

Top Bottom