Ben Johnson is a Disaster

What things would you say he has caused an issue with or what problems? Again I would say coach hirings he has done well overall. Our records are good to great in most things outside of bball.

It feels like you are implying Ben was not qualified for the job when he got it thus meaning he should take no responsibility and instead it should go to Coyle?
I grew to dislike Coyle from the terrible way he handled Tracey Claeys. Fleck and Motzko fell into his lap. Whalen and Johnson are simply inexperienced. They may grow into greatness. I am waiting. I was really down on Whalen last year as it seemed things kept imploding and the women showed little sign of life. A good freshman class give Whalen more momentum.
Johnson is in that same spot, but he's only been here for one season. I gave Whalen a few years so I plan on giving Johnson the same latitude. This is why I am seeking out the positive in a year that will try the patience of the most positive.
But, if there is a person to blame, it is Mark Coyle.

I grew to dislike Coyle from the terrible way he handled Tracey Claeys. Fleck and Motzko fell into his lap. Whalen and Johnson are simply inexperienced. They may grow into greatness. I am waiting. I was really down on Whalen last year as it seemed things kept imploding and the women showed little sign of life. A good freshman class give Whalen more momentum.
Johnson is in that same spot, but he's only been here for one season. I gave Whalen a few years so I plan on giving Johnson the same latitude. This is why I am seeking out the positive in a year that will try the patience of the most positive.

Complete nonsense, especially with Fleck and Motzko.

You’re just still bitter that Claeys was rightfully fired for not being able to handle the program he was in charge of, plus insubordination on top of it.

Coyle is the most competent AD the U has had in along time. It’s not surprising though that you don’t understand why Claeys was fired and why Ben was hired.

Complete nonsense, especially with Fleck and Motzko.

You’re just still bitter that Claeys was rightfully fired for not being able to handle the program he was in charge of, plus insubordination on top of it.

Coyle is the most competent AD the U has had in along time. It’s not surprising though that you don’t understand why Claeys was fired and why Ben was hired.
Most competent, yet you whine incessantly at his hire. Either rip Coyle a new one or shut your trap on Johnson.

It wasn’t fully his hire. Johnson isn’t cut out to be a head coach at this level, just like Tracy Claeys.
You are pulling crap out your butt hole and calling it chocolate milk.
You have no clue what you're talking about, but your narrative allows you to drink your "chocolate milk."

It wasn’t fully his hire. Johnson isn’t cut out to be a head coach at this level, just like Tracy Claeys.
We don’t know this yet. Odds are likely he isn’t as most honestly aren’t, but it’s fair to give him the rest of the conference season before we fully commit to that theory.

Claeys sucked and had organizational issues that proved him unworthy. Ben at least has been competent in that part. Getting a high school point guard to develop and defending are some issues I’m worried about.

It's comical to say Fleck fell into Coyles lap. Coyle deserves all the credit in the world to convince the BOR to give him the funding to make that happen. Motzko I'll agree the community pretty much tells the AD who to go get in that regard. Brooks referred Woog, Lucina was the hot name at CC as well. I will agree as of today Coyle hoop hires have left a lot to be desired, he chose Ben over qualified Coaches who had interest. Will see if he's the smartest guy in the room or if he will have egg on his face, but he absolutely deserves credit for Fleck.

Ben,

When Nebraska is getting 7 calls in a 5 minute span, many of them ticky-tac, unfold your arms and act like you give a shit. Stand up for your guys. Go Fran McCaffrey just one damn time. That was ridiculous today. You just fold your arms and stare blankly into space.

Also, when the other big is destroying us down low because of one player, there are options. . Absolutely toying with us would be a good way to put it........you are allowed to double team.

Last edited:

Pretty awful lineups today at some points. The starters just aren't good together and shouldn't play together IMO

I want to see what a line-up of Henley, Carrington, Garcia, Battle and Payne can do with JOJ and Henley playing a lot and Battle's minutes reduced. We probably won't win a game in January. Ramp up the freshman minutes at least. There's nothing to be gained watching Battle chuck 13 threes and make 3.

When Nebraska is getting 7 calls in a 5 minute span, many of them ticky-tac, unfold your arms and act like you give a shit. Stand up for your guys. Go Fran McCaffrey just one damn time. That was ridiculous today. You just fold your arms and stare blankly into space.
I've seen this since he took the job. He's gotta stand up for his guys more 100%. That's just part of the game at this level of basketball. You've gotta dig into the refs here and there to keep 'em honest. Really bothers me he doesn't do this.

Top Bottom