Ben Johnson is a Disaster

The only sports team I follow and support is the Minnesota Golden Gopher Men's Basketball team. Weird that is like a gotchya moment on this board, but you really got me now.
Just needed confirmation. With your antigopher username it's hard to know.

I understand, it's hard to admit to being a fan of Gopher BBball these days with the lack of commitment to winning. Thinking about showing up with a paper bag over my head to the Alcorn State game next week ;)
You really think Ben Johnson isn't committed to winning? Do you ever read what you write? The problem here is not Ben's non-commitment to winning. The problem here is your lack of patience. Honestly, you remind me of an overbearing parent at his kids in-house basketball game. You're just embarrassing yourself.

You really think Ben Johnson isn't committed to winning? Do you ever read what you write? The problem here is not Ben's non-commitment to winning. The problem here is your lack of patience. Honestly, you remind me of an overbearing parent at his kids in-house basketball game. You're just embarrassing yourself.
Gophers equivalent to in house basketball league, and tee ball as you previously mentioned. Noted. My amount of patience has no effect on this team. No doubts Ben wants to win. His methodology and coaching ability still in question. The uni president's desire to win is in question wholly. You can't even defend the team. Your only arguments are patience and ad hominems. I want to believe! I really do. How many in house basketball teams have television deals? "Guys we will be good in 3 years I promise!" Throw more tantrums, please do. It's not changing anyone's mind. Only quality play will. There were even some complaining we did not win our last game by enough points. Maybe you can attack them next. Personally I was happy for a win. I'll probably even watch it again. Fan police!

Gophers equivalent to in house basketball league, and tee ball as you previously mentioned. Noted. My amount of patience has no effect on this team. No doubts Ben wants to win. His methodology and coaching ability still in question. The uni president's desire to win is in question wholly. You can't even defend the team. Your only arguments are patience and ad hominems. I want to believe! I really do. How many in house basketball teams have television deals? "Guys we will be good in 3 years I promise!" Throw more tantrums, please do. It's not changing anyone's mind. Only quality play will. There were even some complaining we did not win our last game by enough points. Maybe you can attack them next. Personally I was happy for a win. I'll probably even watch it again. Fan police!
Of course only quality play will win games. Whining won't cause the kids to win. They simply have to keep practicing and learning. These kids will learn to win. Only question is whether you'll be here to see it or not.

Of course only quality play will win games. Whining won't cause the kids to win. They simply have to keep practicing and learning. These kids will learn to win. Only question is whether you'll be here to see it or not.
I ain't going anywhere 😎

They will? Who's teaching them? Who is currently teaching our head coach how to win since he's never done it as a player or a coach?

They will? Who's teaching them? Who is currently teaching our head coach how to win since he's never done it as a player or a coach?
What a dumb ass question. Tell me how many games Richard Pitino won as a player?
You're saying that Ben has never, ever experienced success at anytime. Pull your head out of your a$$ so you can see. Did all Ben's assistants forget how to teach? D@mn you're just a dumb ass.

Humphries let the Big Ten in scoring & rebounding. He scored almost every time he wasn't doubled. I'd like more players like that.
What does that even mean? The team was historically bad and highlights included Papa Humphries being allowed into the locker room at to vent at halftime.

And they finished 12-18 and tied for last in the B1G. Ben Johnson was the 2nd leading scorer on that team.
This conversation is getting off track.

I think Ben should have a chance to develop his first high school recruits who are currently freshmen. And add his 5-star & other good recruits to them.

You obviously disagree and will say anything to trash Ben.

What does that even mean? The team was historically bad and highlights included Papa Humphries being allowed into the locker room at to vent at halftime.

Well, surely nobody "taught them how to win" like we know Ben is going to do. It's so simple, even a child can figure it out.

OGC.gif

This conversation is getting off track.

I think Ben should have a chance to develop his first high school recruits who are currently freshmen. And add his 5-star & other good recruits to them.

You obviously disagree and will say anything to trash Ben.

No, I'm just pointing out facts. And I've said Ben will, and should get through at least next season.

But this team doesn't have just a freshman issue. It has full blown talent and coaching problem, and that's not going to be solved with 2 freshman recruits next season. Roster turnover will also continue to happen every year as it's very rare to have a highly competitive basketball team with players that have been on the same team for 4 years.

I see Max Shikenjanski just scored 47 points for Stillwater. Does anyone know why the Gophers didn’t recruit him for basketball, legacy recruit an all? Maybe football is his best sport but I don’t have any other information. Help me out here if you know something.

No, I'm just pointing out facts. And I've said Ben will, and should get through at least next season.

But this team doesn't have just a freshman issue. It has full blown talent and coaching problem, and that's not going to be solved with 2 freshman recruits next season. Roster turnover will also continue to happen every year as it's very rare to have a highly competitive basketball team with players that have been on the same team for 4 years.
You are panicking already? Time to chill dud! Small steps first.

I see Max Shikenjanski just scored 47 points for Stillwater. Does anyone know why the Gophers didn’t recruit him for basketball, legacy recruit an all? Maybe football is his best sport but I don’t have any other information. Help me out here if you know something.
He is class of 2023 which we are full on and his basketball offers are not great. Might be info for you in the all things 2023 recruiting thread.

I'm pointing out facts.

Like to have a good program, we need to recruit good high school players and develop them.

He was originally going to go play basketball for the Citadel, but Fleck got him to walk on for football. I haven't seen him play so I don't know why he wasn't on the Gopher basketball radar.

Top Bottom