Beal

i'm batman

Reaction score
Some recruiting guy over at Scout said that there will be news by tonight.:cool:

News? possibly a decision? I hate to get too excited about this guy, but if it´s possible he´s making a decision the same weekend he came here to visit it´s hard not to be a bit hopeful.

He would be an unbelievable get. The highest rated recruit ever as far as Rivals. Fingers crossed.

He would be an unbelievable get. The highest rated recruit ever as far as Rivals. Fingers crossed.

I agree. What is the process for kids who transfer? Do they just sign a LOI or do they just transfer schools with different paperwork?

We will be getting some very good news on beal:D

also, the kid only does interviews with one Scout.com writer who is preparing his story to publish tonight or tomarrow. No other visits. Had alot of big time options to transfer to but wanted to get back to Big Ten style football and MN depth chart at LB was actually a big help in this case.

Wow, did we need this news. Now he has a year to get stronger, healthier and learn the system.

Great quote from Beal:

“The Carlson School of Management is one of the top business schools in the nation and there are over 20 Fortune 500 companies in the Twin City Area,” Beal added. “Academically I’m looking to be a finance major and the fact that they can facilitate me in that respect and then also offer me a graduate program in quantitative finance was a big part of my decision as I definitely have some goals past football that I want to achieve. Having four years of eligibility left allows me the opportunity of getting an undergraduate degree and then approaching a master’s degree in quantitative finance.”

Go Gophers!!

Man - that kid is articulate! Getting a player this good, and bright, has got to be rare. Welcome, Brendan! Congrats to the coaching staff on a TREMENDOUS job :)

“Coach Brewster is a great guy that comes from a similar background as I do and we hit it off right away. After speaking with him it was an immediate connection because of his passion for the game, his competitiveness and his want to win. The more I spoke with him the more I knew that this was the guy I wanted to play for. I want to train harder than anybody, I want to work harder than anybody and if I’m in a foxhole, I want Coach Brewster in it with me. He’s just the type of coach that I’m going to run through a wall for. We really, really hit it off and my relationship with the coaches was big for me.”

I'm with GL, any phenomenal linebacker who likes quantitative anything (but particularly at Carlson) is fine with me. Let's see the boys at the Tribune try to tear this one apart.

more quotes

He came out of school with more than 70 scholarship offers.:eek:

I'm with GL, any phenomenal linebacker who likes quantitative anything (but particularly at Carlson) is fine with me. Let's see the boys at the Tribune try to tear this one apart.

I don't even know what quantitative finance is! I don't think there's any possible way to pick this one apart...unless they wonder why he didn't commit 2 years ago, haha. Or the fact that 2011 is too far away.

Kudos to the writer, Matt Alkire - who did an extremely complete interview too.

Great news! Welcome aboard Brendan!

Great get for the Gophers. Our next Outland Trophy winner? Another sign we are building on defense...

This is an extremely impressive pick up by the staff. Now that is the way to plug holes; with a player that has an even stronger football and student resume. When are we going to realize that Coach Brewster and his Staff is the real deal. This team is definitely on the right track.

an Amazing pick up for sure! why did he transfer from FL? watching his spring game highlights, he was everywhere making plays. I know he said he wanted to play in Big 10 but there has to be more to it....

why did he transfer from FL? watching his spring game highlights, he was everywhere making plays. I know he said he wanted to play in Big 10 but there has to be more to it....

He has been at Florida two years and hasn't played a down. He tore an ACL prior to his freshman season and had a relatively severe neck injury that required surgery at the start of his sophomore year. He was buried on their depth chart at LB. Florida has some absolute studs at LB right now. He probably wasn't going to play much there. He probably will play a lot here.

Great news, hope he's fully healthy in 2011 and ready to make an impact. It will be interesting to see how well Beal plays after what will be 3 years without playing in an actual game.

The front 7 has a chance to be pretty good in the near future, but we do need to add some highly regarded DL's in this class after missing out last year.

Really pumped about this! Great to have such a bright, talented young man join the program!! Can't wait to see him play!!!

I think a few apologies are in order to Sid Hartman. He's the guy that called this 1st and a number of people were knocking him for misunderstanding Beal's intentions.

Top Bottom