Bateman opting out of 2020 Football Season

I guess I better guard my DVR for the Penn State and Auburn games. Rashod particularly shined against the Nittanys but did his part in Tampa too.

May have to watch them every Saturday this fall the way things are going...

Hope he is a first round pick. The financial landscape in not only college but pro sports is going to change dramatically. If covid hangs around long enough maybe irreversible so.

Hope he is a first round pick. The financial landscape in not only college but pro sports is going to change dramatically. If covid hangs around long enough maybe irreversible so.
So the money might not be there in the future so you’d advise him to not take money now from an agent? Seems counterintuitive

This sucks BUT I think it took a lot of courage for him to do this. Good for him. I won't be going to the stadium this fall because of covid concerns. I can't blame anyone else that decides they don't want to risk their health. Thank you moderators for banning the selfish a wipe who called him a coward. GOOD LUCK RASHOD. Will NEVER forget the 2019 season. You NEVER know. He could be back for another season in maroon and gold. Everything is up in the air

The receiver room is over-crowded with talent. Next man up.

Good luck, Rashod!

It's not about Fleck's record as a HC.
What isn’t? Please actually read the discussion, including the posts being replied to, before assuming the wrong thing about what I was saying.

Right? What if Morgan is next?

At that point, I don’t want games to be played, as it will unfairly diminish Fleck’s record and momentum.
Quite the viewpoint - your priority is protecting the coach's image. Even then, what's unfair about it? A player decides to focus on the NFL. Why is that unfair? PJ isn't complaining about it:

Congrats to Rashod on making the call now versus waiting. Thanks for everything you did for the Gophers, and will continue to do. And here's to you making it in the NFL.

Seriously? That's your response? What a dick

This seals it. Felton is the biggest piece of trash on this board. Some others have said many shitty things, but they were doing bits or trolling. This guy is a truly rotten person. And he wonders why bad stuff happens to him in life?

Instant karma's gonna get you...

This seals it. Felton is the biggest piece of trash on this board. Some others have said many shitty things, but they were doing bits or trolling. This guy is a truly rotten person. And he wonders why bad stuff happens to him in life?

Instant karma's gonna get you...
Hope he moves to Wisconsin!

I think there's not going to be a season this fall. The "Opt-Out" option will gain momentum as more players do it and the conferences have all left an out in their announcements about the pared down schedules.

Rashod was an absolute joy to watch for 2 years. One of my favorite Gophers ever. Not only for what he did on the field, but for how he stuck with PJ and the program through that recruiting saga and he was one of our biggest promoters as well.

Rashod will go on to do amazing things in the NFL. But the best part is that he will always be hyping the U and be an example of what can be accomplished as a Gopher!

Much love to Bate!! ❤❤❤

What isn’t? Please actually read the discussion, including the posts being replied to, before assuming the wrong thing about what I was saying.
I replied directly to what you posted. You are more worried on how it might look for Fleck personally and not the team and University?

It would say a lot about the staff if losing this one player means Gophs drop off a cliff, and rightly so.

Think big picture not just this fall. More players in the NFL = better quality recruits who want to play for Fleck. Sucks for this fall but you have to have a longer horizon than this 50-50 chance of a season. Need to get used to it as there will only be more great players coming to play for PJ here and declaring early for the NFL.

Thanks for the memories, Rashod. You are a first round talent. You helped put MN back on the radar and we are grateful.

Tough to hear as a fan but the reality is the season - or at least a semi-normal season - looks doubtful at this point, anyway.

I think there's not going to be a season this fall. The "Opt-Out" option will gain momentum as more players do it and the conferences have all left an out in their announcements about the pared down schedules.

Or playing the ultimate card of moving football season to spring, in which case most any player with NFL aspirations will opt out anyway. Rashod is just ahead of the curve here.

Just when I thought 2020 could not get worse. I really hope the season is still played this Fall.

That just means 1 more available scholarship. Hopefully we sign the LB from Arizona.

I'm happy for Rashod. What a joy to watch him grow into a massive talent, beyond just football, in two short years. He helped elevate the perception of the program and university and will be remembered as one of the best Gophers ever.

Kudos to Fleck and staff as well. I hope more is to come.

I'm sad that this terrible year 2020 has destroyed so much joy. Minneapolis/St. Paul has been gut-punched in several very high-profile ways nationally. We gotta get out of this hole.

If you’re a young man at the turning point that Rashod is at, you have to control what you control. The CFB season has too many unknowns right now. Better to know that you’ll be getting better on your own every day than to spend every day wondering if the next game or next practice is going to be shut down because of a COVID case.

If you stay in school you can’t accept money from agents.

so get paid to not play football or don’t get paid to live on a college campus with nothing to do and maybe play football. Easy choice if you’re an early round pick who is eligible for 2021 draft

This is an interesting thought. I mean, you live like royalty on campus (except there is no campus life this year) or you take a working man’s approach and make this your full-time job out in Cali (or where ever he is)

Do we really think he’s able to start collecting money now? That’s a pretty big incentive for a 20 year old kid. What would an agency realistically be paying him? 10-20 grand a month to train? Interesting

Just when things were starting to get good for the Gopher football program, a pandemic had to set in.

With so much uncertainty surrounding this upcoming season, I don't blame Rashod for this move. Would love to see him suit up again for the Gophers, but I'm excited to see where he lands in the NFL. Best of luck Rashod.

1. This sucks - for the Gophers and the Fans, but RB13 is doing what he thinks is best for himself and that is all we can expect. I wish him nothing but the best - hope he is a 1st round pick, and will most likely buy a Bateman Jersey when he lands in the NFL (to go with my Gopher Bateman Jersey).

2. mjfelton15 is a poor poster. He is very naive and says some really dumb things. Nothing he posted here should have got him banned.

Seriously? That's your response? What a dick
That was my initial response too...I was so upset and pissed off.
but so many athletes opting out, in every league. Covid has just screwed everyone so bad.
Likely won't even be a season...

Top Bottom