Barker Transfering?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know you have an axe to grind, but this is nonsense. You might hear "If you're prone to tantrums, you mighty not get a scholarship to Minnesota". You might hear "If you decide to ignore the coaching staff and get acupuncture for your injuries, you might not get a scholarship."

I think it's funny that you would post this. In the thread titled: Star WR at Washington St alleges "abuse" from Leach, coaching staff

I posted:

I'd add: All in the mind of the parent. There is nothing worse than the positive affirmation parent (I love you, you're special, you're the best, bff, etc.) who creates in the mind of the child a "victim" mentality any time the kid doesn't get their way. I'm not supporting Leach and his actions or suggesting past/present players don't have legitimate gripes against Leach. This post is a bit off thread but I do think a lot of parents have created a culture of I'm a victim resulting in a lot of today's kids being pathetic pussies. Sad.

You responded with:

No, it is people refusing to be victims. It's the wretch who just rolls over and submits, as you demand, who is the "pussy".

Why aren't you defending AJ? According to you, AJ is just refusing to be a victim. You’re as pathetic as AJ and everyone like him!

i really hope aj goes to a school that we play next year so we can lay him out.

If a.j. could go back in time, would he still look in the mirror and say to himself, "Ya know, I am really a $hithead."

I think it's funny that you would post this. In the thread titled: Star WR at Washington St alleges "abuse" from Leach, coaching staff

I posted:

I'd add: All in the mind of the parent. There is nothing worse than the positive affirmation parent (I love you, you're special, you're the best, bff, etc.) who creates in the mind of the child a "victim" mentality any time the kid doesn't get their way. I'm not supporting Leach and his actions or suggesting past/present players don't have legitimate gripes against Leach. This post is a bit off thread but I do think a lot of parents have created a culture of I'm a victim resulting in a lot of today's kids being pathetic pussies. Sad.

You responded with:

No, it is people refusing to be victims. It's the wretch who just rolls over and submits, as you demand, who is the "pussy".

Why aren't you defending AJ? According to you, AJ is just refusing to be a victim. You’re as pathetic as AJ and everyone like him!

You're touching on an important and somewhat confusing subject matter. I think most of us would agree that parents who tell their kids that they're "losers, disgusting, and will never amount to anything" are probably sucking the spirit, joy and goodness out of their children (not necessarily, but there's a good chance). On the other hand, I think most of us would agree that parents who tell their kids that "they can do no wrong, that they're superior to other people and that most other people are stupid, incompetent and beneath you" are probably creating a monster. So, the difficulty lies in figuring out how to let your children know (or giving them experiences which will help them learn) that they're loved unconditionally, that they're worthwhile human beings, that they should be thankful for what they have, that they will need to work hard to accomplish their goals and that they have every right to feel confident about themselves.

Personally, I have struggled a little to figure out how to be a good parent. I worry that I may have done things to negatively influence my kids at times. And, let's not forget there are probably plenty of instances where parents do a pretty decent job, but things don't turn out the best, or where parents were abusive and the children turn out to be great people. I imagine there are people whose "wiring" is different to begin with due to genetic misfires, stressors during pregnancy or infancy or physical problems at birth that end up affecting personality.

You're touching on an important and somewhat confusing subject matter. I think most of us would agree that parents who tell their kids that they're "losers, disgusting, and will never amount to anything" are probably sucking the spirit, joy and goodness out of their children (not necessarily, but there's a good chance). On the other hand, I think most of us would agree that parents who tell their kids that "they can do no wrong, that they're superior to other people and that most other people are stupid, incompetent and beneath you" are probably creating a monster. So, the difficulty lies in figuring out how to let your children know (or giving them experiences which will help them learn) that they're loved unconditionally, that they're worthwhile human beings, that they should be thankful for what they have, that they will need to work hard to accomplish their goals and that they have every right to feel confident about themselves.

Personally, I have struggled a little to figure out how to be a good parent. I worry that I may have done things to negatively influence my kids at times. And, let's not forget there are probably plenty of instances where parents do a pretty decent job, but things don't turn out the best, or where parents were abusive and the children turn out to be great people. I imagine there are people whose "wiring" is different to begin with due to genetic misfires, stressors during pregnancy or infancy or physical problems at birth that end up affecting personality.

Are you a Psych Major, or do you always over analyze like this?

Does anyone think Barker hasn't acted like a "faggot" throughout this? While I am not sure as to whether Barker has or has not had not gay sex with men (either as a top or as a bottom) and if he did I am not sure if it was with a "bear" or a really feminine homosexual male. Having grown up as a metalhead, I know that being called a "faggot" is the worst thing you could be called, but doesn't necessarily mean the person labeled "faggot" (allegedly Barker) had sex with another man, but is just weak (as in would quit a football team when not getting their way). Therefore, I believe that Barker has acted like a faggot (just the fact that he complained about allegedly being called a "faggot" makes him one). Personally, I think it is garbage the GLBT (the T's require surgery to be sexually correct, yeah that's normal) is taking away a word ("faggot") from good, hardworking Americans when it doesn't always have to do with their sexual orientation. Tualo, like other gays sure does like to be dramatic. Shocking.
I would like your next essay to be on the N word.

Does anyone think Barker hasn't acted like a "faggot" throughout this? While I am not sure as to whether Barker has or has not had not gay sex with men (either as a top or as a bottom) and if he did I am not sure if it was with a "bear" or a really feminine homosexual male. Having grown up as a metalhead, I know that being called a "faggot" is the worst thing you could be called, but doesn't necessarily mean the person labeled "faggot" (allegedly Barker) had sex with another man, but is just weak (as in would quit a football team when not getting their way). Therefore, I believe that Barker has acted like a faggot (just the fact that he complained about allegedly being called a "faggot" makes him one). Personally, I think it is garbage the GLBT (the T's require surgery to be sexually correct, yeah that's normal) is taking away a word ("faggot") from good, hardworking Americans when it doesn't always have to do with their sexual orientation. Tualo, like other gays sure does like to be dramatic. Shocking.

?!!?

Its a really really bad troll.

It's not trolling. Just my thoughts. Out of curiosity, don't you find it a bit strange that a college football player is offended by being called a faggot? It seems pretty weak to me.

Been gone since Saturday... boy I see I have missed a ***LOT***...
whoo.png

It's amazing how after all of this drama no one has still pointed out what Coach Kill did wrong...

Yelling at players? Belittling players? Calling players names? Embarrassing players? Tried to motivate him using his scholarship?

Is this supposed to be new in football?????
what.png

He wouldn't have survived at many FBS Schools & probably would be ranting wherever he ended up. I played football in HS & my last year there I played QB after being a WR. I *HATED* my coach. Called us every name in the book from bitch to pussy to faggot to retard. Yet we finished the Season 9-2. Seen him about 8 yrs later & thanked him for important lessons he taught us at such a young age...

I also think something that's been completely overlooked is Barker basically calling the rest of the team TRASH. Telling Nelson that he feels bad for him because now that he's gone he'll never reach his true potential??? That's a slap in the face to the rest of the WR core. You feel like the only way the team could win games is if you weren't injured? So without you the team is trash basically? Like they really couldn't have beat the teams they were gonna beat without you? Wow... this kid really looks for the "I" in TEAM...

Between the 4k word letter & listening to the interview all I see is a spoonfed athlete that was used to having his ass kissed & being catered to in HS for being such a good athlete now being butt hurt that he's not getting the same treatment by the Coaches on a College Level. There was so much "Me, I, Me, I," self-loathing, stroking his ego, attention whoring in his letter & interview it was disgusting. The player who got locked in the shed by Leach didn't handle his situation this bad, smh...
snoop.png

It's not even about Kill or the Coaching Staff right... the amount of Self-Entitlement was making me lightheaded close to fainting... Lawd Have Mercy...
babylawd.png

I love big controversies for no other reason that it does such a good job of exposing the hate-mongers that wake up every morning and wish it was still the 1940's.

I love big controversies for no other reason that it does such a good job of exposing the hate-mongers that wake up every morning and wish it was still the 1940's.

Where the hatemongers at, bruh?

Even drill sergeant in the Army don't get to call soldiers foul names any longer. Yet, it persists in football. Talk about old school.

I like all the pollyanna azz-kissers who are bent on creating a society of "victims," pussies, etc. anytime someone even looks at them the wrong way.

The people here that support Barker are the same liberals that are turning our country into a give me mine society. I deserve it give it to me.

The people here that support Barker are the same liberals that are turning our country into a give me mine society. I deserve it give it to me.

Yup, this is a political issue too... Thanks for contributing.

Or the same middle class people who don't wanna support the big boy conservatives up top who dont wanna pay taxes....

what was wrong with the 1940's? and no, you can't use WWII or hitler as reasons.

As a black man...the whole racial equality thing is pretty important to me and mine.:rolleyes:

well, i wasn't making a comment regarding racial equality. i am all for no racism as well. i guess i just found your somewhat narrow definition of the 1940's to be a bit short-sighted.

well, i wasn't making a comment regarding racial equality. i am all for no racism as well. i guess i just found your somewhat narrow definition of the 1940's to be a bit short-sighted.

My man; you excluded the worst murder that ever walked the planet, nuclear war and you're still left with racism, public lynchings, sexism and too many other things to list (lol).

I get the 40's may have been a great era for some but please believe it wasn't for some.

Okay enlighten me, what was so great about the 40's?

My man; you excluded the worst murder that ever walked the planet, nuclear war and you're still left with racism, public lynchings, sexism and too many other things to list (lol).

I get the 40's may have been a great era for some but please believe it wasn't for some.

Okay enlighten me, what was so great about the 40's?

great music, big bands, frank sinatra, louis armstrong, dizzy gillespie, the minneapolis/st. paul street-car system was amazing and at its peak. people still mainly lived, worked, went to church, played sports for and went to school in their neighborhoods. you knew most of your neighbors. you could let the kids go outside and play without much supervision from sun up until sun down. rita hayworth. some of the best films to ever come out of hollywood came out during the 1940's.

and in the 1940's (1940 & 1941) our golden gopher footballers won 2 of their 6 national championships! ;)

don't get me wrong, there was certainly some terrible stuff that happened during the 1940's. but again, i just found your description of the entire decade to be a bit too narrow for my personal taste. to each his own. you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom