Barker Transfering?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is becoming one of the most epic threads in GH history...

LOL. I'm talking about the "shame on his parents for not stopping this letter" part. My folks weren't allowed to have anything to do with my decisions when I was 21. Nor should they have been.
Too funny. Were your folks footing the bill for college? A.J. has stated that is true in his case. Doggone right they have a say in this. If you're going to play all grown up, it's a full time job.

I haven't gone through all 36 pages, but don't think this has been posted yet:

Esera Tuaolo, gay former Viking, blasts Kill's quick dismissal of Barker slur allegation

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/...quick_dismissal_of_barker_slur_allegation.php

Not blaming Tuaolo for blasting Coach Kill's dismissal, but also not surprised.

Dropping the 'F' bomb (not THE 'F' bomb) is only hyper serious to the LGBT groups. IMO, it's not that big of an issue (although the hate against gays needs to stop).

That is the problem with a situation like this. The people close to it see the bigger picture but from a National perspective it just looks like a player quit because the coach was treating him like dirt. No matter what it does not reflect well on the team, the school, or the coach even if locally most people seem to feel the coach did nothing wrong.

Okay, can't believe I did this, or especially that I'm admitting to it but I emailed the author/columnist to respectfully clear up a few "facts" surrounding the situation.

To her credit, she responded (fairly promptly) and respectfully addressed some of the underlying issues. As I actually acknowledged in my first email, she was making a broader point of the treatment of college football players, sometimes treated with little regard, especially walk-ons, and wanted to address holding a scholarship over a players head. She commented on only having 650 words or so to address her issue, etc.

At any rate, I'm impressed with her response to my email and barring a few deviations from the truth that would have been very difficult for her to know without digging REALLY deep, it was not a poorly written piece. She at least has better writing skills than much of what we are used to seeing in the MSP market.

Side note: She's also not bad looking and we're discussing dinner arrangements. But I refuse to kiss and tell.

Not blaming Tuaolo for blasting Coach Kill's dismissal, but also not surprised.

Dropping the 'F' bomb (not THE 'F' bomb) is only hyper serious to the LGBT groups. IMO, it's not that big of an issue (although the hate against gays needs to stop).

You're not serious.

You're not serious.

I am.

And I'll draw a parallel.. No one spazzes about hearing the word 'Retard'. Especially when it's used as an insult.

Hell, there's a ton of insulting words out there. Someone should fine people for using them. Or just scratch the 1st amendment off the Constitution/Bill of Rights..

I am.

And I'll draw a parallel.. No one spazzes about hearing the word 'Retard'. Especially when it's used as an insult.

Hell, there's a ton of insulting words out there. Someone should fine people for using them. Or just scratch the 1st amendment off the Constitution/Bill of Rights..

What exactly are you trying to say? That you have to be gay to be offended by the word faggot?

Plenty of people are offended by retard.

And who said anything about the first amendment?

I haven't gone through all 36 pages, but don't think this has been posted yet:

Esera Tuaolo, gay former Viking, blasts Kill's quick dismissal of Barker slur allegation

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/...quick_dismissal_of_barker_slur_allegation.php

Wow.
Way to jump to conclusions esera.
I'm sure you have a great idea what it's like being around the gophers football complex under coach Kill. Oh no? You haven't set foot in the complex or met coach Kill?
No? STFU then and let the U handle it's own employees.

Funny he didn't mention the 4000 word whinefest Barker had basically because he's a spiled brat kid with a sense of entitlement a mile wide.
The kid was telling the training staff what to do. Even if he didn't raise his voice to them, he should have done exactly what was asked of him by the training staff.
He DEFINITELY deserved an ass chewing if he did raise his voice, all the more so in front of the team.
His allegations that Kill was somehow "manipulating him" are pretty simple to explain.
He's a coach. He's paid to manipulate you to get the most out of your athletic ability.
Shut up and do what your told or quit, but don't pretend it's a damn conspiracy against you because you're a "free thinker". You had a damn sprained ankle not a ACL tear, ice, exercises, and rest should get that back to functional strength in 3 weeks.

The gay slur thing to me was a throw in to all this. It may have happened, but Barker didn't even say it was an ongoing issue, more like he heard it once and wrote it in his manifesto to get exactly the type of press Essera is giving him.
Honestly would you expect Coach reeves to be fired over that? Maybe a disciplinary warning if it's true at all.
This kid needs to go away and play for a D2 in north dakota or something, because that's the only team willing to take on a whiney crybaby locker room cancer like this.

What exactly are you trying to say? That you have to be gay to be offended by the word faggot?

Plenty of people are offended by retard.

And who said anything about the first amendment?

HAHAHAHA

I knew someone would read into it. I know plenty of non-gay people that are big time activists with LGBT. So, no. You don't have to be gay/lesbian/bisexual or transgender to be offended by the 'F' word.

Yup. I know. My brother is handicapped. My baby sister gets seriously pissed off when she hears that word. That's my point.

Wanting people to not say offensive words, whether it's retard or faggot or Admiral Saucepan, kinda of correlates to the first amendment.

What world do you live in? Stopping the use of the word "retard" as an insult is a current campaign of the Special Olympics (complete with its own website: http://www.r-word.org).

Look, I don't care what language you use personally. It's a free country (see what I did there?), but don't make broad generalizations that simply aren't true.

The first amendment has nothing to do with it. The first amendment keeps the government from going after you for your language. But, for example, if an employee uses language when talking to customers that offends the customers, the first amendment doesn't prevent the employer from firing that employee.

I'm not taking any stance on comments that Barker alleged were made, on that it's not a first amendment issue.

What world do you live in? Stopping the use of the word "retard" as an insult is a current campaign of the Special Olympics (complete with its own website: http://www.r-word.org).

Look, I don't care what language you use personally. It's a free country (see what I did there?), but don't make broad generalizations that simply aren't true.

I'm aware of such things, pal. Did you read my last post?

The press coverage is all over the LGBT issues. Where's the equal time for the 'R' word?

My whole point was this: The usage of the words isn't that big of an issue. What SHOULD be the issue being addressed is the hate behind them.

The first amendment has nothing to do with it. The first amendment keeps the government from going after you for your language. But, for example, if an employee uses language when talking to customers that offends the customers, the first amendment doesn't prevent the employer from firing that employee.

I'm not taking any stance on comments that Barker alleged were made, on that it's not a first amendment issue.

Yes. Reeves, if dropping that word, should be seriously penalized for it.

I'm talking on a broad spectrum and the generalized use of those words.

Wow.
Way to jump to conclusions esera.
I'm sure you have a great idea what it's like being around the gophers football complex under coach Kill. Oh no? You haven't set foot in the complex or met coach Kill?
No? STFU then and let the U handle it's own employees.

Funny he didn't mention the 4000 word whinefest Barker had basically because he's a spiled brat kid with a sense of entitlement a mile wide.
The kid was telling the training staff what to do. Even if he didn't raise his voice to them, he should have done exactly what was asked of him by the training staff.
He DEFINITELY deserved an ass chewing if he did raise his voice, all the more so in front of the team.
His allegations that Kill was somehow "manipulating him" are pretty simple to explain.
He's a coach. He's paid to manipulate you to get the most out of your athletic ability.
Shut up and do what your told or quit, but don't pretend it's a damn conspiracy against you because you're a "free thinker". You had a damn sprained ankle not a ACL tear, ice, exercises, and rest should get that back to functional strength in 3 weeks.

The gay slur thing to me was a throw in to all this. It may have happened, but Barker didn't even say it was an ongoing issue, more like he heard it once and wrote it in his manifesto to get exactly the type of press Essera is giving him.
Honestly would you expect Coach reeves to be fired over that? Maybe a disciplinary warning if it's true at all.
This kid needs to go away and play for a D2 in north dakota or something, because that's the only team willing to take on a whiney crybaby locker room cancer like this.

Satire?

Listen up people. In my 68 years of life I have been called every name imaginable. Does it bother me? Hell no!!!

Because my comeback is always the same consistent comment. "Is that the best you can do? I've been called a lot worse names by a lot better people."

Life is so simple, stop being so sensitive.

Listen up people. In my 68 years of life I have been called every name imaginable. Does it bother me? Hell no!!!

Because my comeback is always the same consistent comment. "Is that the best you can do? I've been called a lot worse names by a lot better people."

And here I just figured you'd forgotten the insult after you sobered up...

Somehow I find it hard to believe that anyone would ever utter a disparaging word toward you.

Just as I thought, you are younger than me! But I am sure you look older than me. Those North Dakota winds can age a man.

Since this has gone nationally now, it will effect our short term recruiting for this year. Which ever side your on, Barker's or Kill's, this isn't something we needed, as were finally moving the program forward and in the right direction. Too bad things couldn't have been done differently on both parties sides. Image means alot in recruiting.

Since this has gone nationally now, it will effect our short term recruiting for this year. Which ever side your on, Barker's or Kill's, this isn't something we needed, as were finally moving the program forward and in the right direction. Too bad things couldn't have been done differently on both parties sides. Image means alot in recruiting.

It may hurt us a little with guys that have offers from other BCS schools but it seems like ours is the most prestigious offer for a lot of the guys Kill recruits so those guys would still come here regardless of this situation. The one place it could hurt us is on the walk-on-side of things. Maybe someone debating between walking on here or playing at a lower level might go the other route.

The only way any of this really hurts us outside of the temporary PR hit is if other players come forward backing Barker after the season. That seems unlikely to happen but if it were to become apparent that the coaching staff has issues with a lot of players that could sway some recruits. If it looks like one disgruntled player than it will just get washed over by most players. At least in my opinion.

MNVCGUY-agree for the most part. But don't forget that other coaches, be it in the B10, MAC, etc... will certainly use this against the Gophers in their recruiting. I personally think that this will only affect us for our 2013 class. Walk-ons may think twice, but then again, it is a chance to play football in the B10. Weather this storm and we'll be fine.

Certainly seems to be the only part of the story really worth addressing that is not being addressed. If true could be very bad news for Coach Reeves.

Does anyone think Barker hasn't acted like a "faggot" throughout this? While I am not sure as to whether Barker has or has not had not gay sex with men (either as a top or as a bottom) and if he did I am not sure if it was with a "bear" or a really feminine homosexual male. Having grown up as a metalhead, I know that being called a "faggot" is the worst thing you could be called, but doesn't necessarily mean the person labeled "faggot" (allegedly Barker) had sex with another man, but is just weak (as in would quit a football team when not getting their way). Therefore, I believe that Barker has acted like a faggot (just the fact that he complained about allegedly being called a "faggot" makes him one). Personally, I think it is garbage the GLBT (the T's require surgery to be sexually correct, yeah that's normal) is taking away a word ("faggot") from good, hardworking Americans when it doesn't always have to do with their sexual orientation. Tualo, like other gays sure does like to be dramatic. Shocking.

Does anyone know if Barker owns or has owned a Harley-Davidson. If so its perfectly acceptable to call him a faggot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom