Barker Transfering?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a chance aj was going to get one regardless but kill was trying to further motivate him and aj just snapped? Kill hss given out plenty if schollies to walk ons in the short time he's been here and had a track record of doing so. it just smells like a motivation tactic gone wrong.

Agreed. Kill pushed it too far with AJ. who takes the blame for that, I'm not sure.

The only thing I do know is twitter/tumblr was not the way to do it. Especially with how that letter was written.

Even the Washington State receiver at least wrote a seemingly intelligent, well thought out letter.

I am not sure why White and Barker think twitter is their only means to be represented fairly. You think if Barker, instead of the letter, called up Doogie and said I'd like to share some concerns with the football team in a sit down interview he'd say no? Doubt it. There were better ways to make this public if he felt that necessary.

A lot of kids think the truth is all it takes and people will line up to love you, but there is so much more to it. PR matters. Royce White is seeming to be standing up for anxiety and yet has become one of the most disliked athletes. PR matters and until these kids learn that, their possibly positive and well intentioned messages won't mean squat.

I think what Sparlimb is saying about me is; For the most part I don't share anything that hasn't been made public knowledge. For instance; I knew that Jerry had not contact with the senior class after they played their last game but I waited until after he didn't show at the pro day.

Also if you think about in regard to "dirty laundry," what have I ever really said? You may have gotten the what's (I don't like Jerry) but you don't get the why's (at least not the ones that aren't public knowledge). I focus on public information to offer up my rational; thats why I don't get upset with folks who go all in on me because they don't agree with my point of view. Usually I haven't stated ALL of the reasons as to how I arrived there. They may still disagree but they would have a better understanding of my point of view.

AJ went all in; he would have been better served to move on and let it go. Everybody that was a Kill fan before will be a Kill fan after, those that weren't won't be after. In the mean time AJ will be slaughtered publicly. There are folks on here that I believe to be complete idiots who think AJ was in the wrong for actually believing that after AJ had proven to be one of top players on this team and the best Wr he should not have the expectation of being awarded a scholarship. Coaches preach to kids about competition and doing the right thing. The right thing is for Kill to award the kid what he EARNED. If is not selfish to look after your own best interests 4 years into the game, especially if you believe the person responsible for taking care of you is playing games (which all of you admit happened). You can't believe that Jerry is withholding a scholarship for the long-term benefit of team from a player who earned it but it's wrong for the player who earned it to be upset?

I certainly understand that coach has to think "big picture" in making executive decisions. What coach doesn't get is you can't always play games, the truth is sometimes a better way to go. Don't make up bogus reasons for not awarding the kid the scholarship, just tell him you know he deserves it but you can't give it to him for XYZ reason (the true reason). He may not agree with it but he has to respect him for being honest with him. AJ is a principled, smart young man; Kill took the absolutely wrong approach.

Coaches playing games? Frequently happens but it seldom goes unnoticed by those in the program. Folks just put up with it...until the losing starts.

I think you've hit on the point that is the crux of the debate regardless of how one feels about Barker's tantrum. Barker isn't one of Kill's players, so there was likely very little initial loyalty to him. And Kill wouldn't be alone in that pattern. College football is rife with examples of upperclassmen who get benched or given a gentle nudge to leave because the new guy wants to fill the team with his guys. Nothing new there.

The problem is that Kill, at least at some level here, is talking the talk but not walking the walk. You can't talk about all positions being open and performance being rewarded and then not deliver on that. Kill has talked about building a strong walk-on program. This is not how you do that. We can all say "Good riddance Barker" in a cavalier manner, but this does not help the program in any way imaginable.

As per the second highlight, I was never a very good athlete although I competed in a number of sports. The one thing I've noticed is that the higher the level, the more most coaches are full of sh*t. It's all coach speak. The only thing that makes Jerry Kill any less full of it than Bielema or Mike Leach or Glen Mason or Tim Brewster is that he's physically smaller than they are.

The potential downside for a program of tampering with a player currently on the roster of another college team would be absolutely disastrous and would likely result in the loss of scholarships and suspensions. As much as I don't care for Bielema, he couldn't possibly be that stupid.

Which is very much another aspect...no one, at least in the B1G will want anything to do with him...

Sportsfan can you just leave until your all-world son is ready to suit up for the Gophers?

Which is very much another aspect...no one, at least in the B1G will want anything to do with him...

I absolutely agree. Barker's HS coach said he was a D3 player and it looks like Barker is taking the circuitous route to get to that level.

I think you've hit on the point that is the crux of the debate regardless of how one feels about Barker's tantrum. Barker isn't one of Kill's players, so there was likely very little initial loyalty to him. And Kill wouldn't be alone in that pattern. College football is rife with examples of upperclassmen who get benched or given a gentle nudge to leave because the new guy wants to fill the team with his guys. Nothing new there.

The problem is that Kill, at least at some level here, is talking the talk but not walking the walk. You can't talk about all positions being open and performance being rewarded and then not deliver on that. Kill has talked about building a strong walk-on program. This is not how you do that. We can all say "Good riddance Barker" in a cavalier manner, but this does not help the program in any way imaginable.

As per the second highlight, I was never a very good athlete although I competed in a number of sports. The one thing I've noticed is that the higher the level, the more most coaches are full of sh*t. It's all coach speak. The only thing that makes Jerry Kill any less full of it than Bielema or Mike Leach or Glen Mason or Tim Brewster is that he's physically smaller than they are.

And if Barker is not handling his injured ankle in a right way??? How does Coach Kill motivate him to get this taken care of proper and motivate him to show enough heart to get back on the field.

I still don't think we can say for certain Barker wasn't getting a scholarship at the end of the year and we will never know for sure now.

This is why it is usually dumb to go on a tirade before the end of the season I guess. Royce White quit the U only to have his legal case solved within the next month and he could have been playing again. Instead he rushed his decision to quit and sat out a year and a half. Trevor Mbakwe showed that patience while exploring his options and has been rewarded for it.

Sometimes a little patience can go a long way.

I also truly believe Brewster cared a whole lot about Minnesota and his players. You can call him a salesmen, but I do believe 100% he truly care for his players. He didn't handle coaching very well obviously, but I think he truly did care and give it his all.

Just not a good thing for Jerry to call this Minnesota's team and then have something like this happen. It looks bad.

And if Barker is not handling his injured ankle in a right way??? How does Coach Kill motivate him to get this taken care of proper and motivate him to show enough heart to get back on the field.

There's going to be so much fog on this it really isn't going to matter. My guess is Kill wanted Barker back on the field and Barker didn't feel he was 100% and that the staff was complicit. I'm not defending Barker here. I'm just saying I don't think a scholarship was in his future and that has clouded everything else. Barker is truly misguided if he thought "I'm going to sit out until I get the scholarship." The world doesn't work that way.

There's going to be so much fog on this it really isn't going to matter. My guess is Kill wanted Barker back on the field and Barker didn't feel he was 100% and that the staff was complicit. I'm not defending Barker here. I'm just saying I don't think a scholarship was in his future and that has clouded everything else. Barker is truly misguided if he thought "I'm going to sit out until I get the scholarship." The world doesn't work that way.

I agree it is cloudy, especially since the scholie numbers is down this year and Kill may have players he wants to go after. That said, it seems hard not to want to reward your most productive receiver, especially since it is a 1 year deal. Basically we are arguing over what the involved parties chose to believe and what they are willing to put up with.

Taking family business into the public is never a good thing unless there's criminal conduct. Kill's tactics and way of dealing with AJ may have been highly questionable and even unethical, but certainly not illegal.

It's a lose-lose situation. Kill loses his best receiver and has his name slung in the mud...Barker loses any chance at ever playing D-1 football again. His career is certainly over, unless he wants to go to Bethel or Augsburg and play at the D-3 level.

Some tweets from the media and Barker's comments that are very interesting and telling, IMO

chipscoggins ‏@chipscoggins
One thing on the AJ Barker scholarship issue. Per NCAA rules, teams must decide whether to award schollies prior to the first day of class

So Kill had to decide whether to give Barker a scholarship after the UNLV game. Barker had 3 catches for 101 yards in that game. ...

Barker had one career catch going into the season. Teams can't put a player on scholarsahip once school starts.

Kill could not put Barker on scholarship until AFTER this semester, per NCAA rules, if they didn't award him one after the UNLV game.

GopherHole.com ‏@GopherHole
Barker says there is a disconnect between players who were recruited by Brewster and those recruited by Kill. #Gophers

being a white, quality reciever, he was my favorite gopher...He appears very intelligent and articulate in the interview. My allegiances will follow to whatever he team he ends up with...

Some tweets from the media and Barker's comments that are very interesting and telling, IMO

One thing on the AJ Barker scholarship issue. Per NCAA rules, teams must decide whether to award schollies prior to the first day of class

So Kill had to decide whether to give Barker a scholarship after the UNLV game. Barker had 3 catches for 101 yards in that game. ...

Barker had one career catch going into the season. Teams can't put a player on scholarsahip once school starts.

Kill could not put Barker on scholarship until AFTER this semester, per NCAA rules, if they didn't award him one after the UNLV game.

GopherHole.com ‏@GopherHole
Barker says there is a disconnect between players who were recruited by Brewster and those recruited by Kill. #Gophers

Seems to me the scholarship issue was concerning next year...it is an issue. even one year is a lot of money along with acknowledging accomplishment. Anyway, just think Kill was frustrated with how Barker was tending his ankle.

As for the disconnect, probably, but if a player is showing he deserves playing time, he will be on the field.

Seems to me the scholarship issue was concerning next year...it is an issue. even one year is a lot of money along with acknowledgin accomplishment. Anyway, just think Kill was frustrated with how Barker was tending his ankle.

As for the disconnect, probably, but if a player is showing he deserves playing time, he will be on the field.

Sounded like Barker thought he should have gotten it after the UNLV game, which he could have it sounds like per NCAA rules.

Kill didn't and simply told him he wouldn't at the end of the year. As I've said, I think this was a motivational tactic. We will never know if Kill would have eventually given him the scholarship at the end of the year or not.

Coach said before the year EXACTLY why he won't be given one next year, and AJ explains it CLEARLY in his letter:

"I was not given a scholarship because, as you expressed to me after the UNLV game, you think it should go to our kicker, and added that you want me to be healthy for an entire season before you give me one."

Why is he complaining? He admitted Coach's reasoning from before the season, and didn't live up to those expectations because he was too busy self-diagnosing himself. What right does he have to complain?

I heard Kill make this comment on the radio earlier in the season, long before AJ was hurt. (Paraphrasing): "Yes, he's had a good start to the season, but AJ and I have talked about what he needs to do to earn a scholarship, and a lot of it has to do with him staying healthy, because he's had problems with that in the past."

The question might be in the perception of each on whether he had done enough before the most recent injury. My guess is that Kill was being more motivational and using the scholarship as a carrot to get him on the field faster. And AJ clearly thinks Kill crossed the line.

Whatever happened, I think find out over the next few weeks of Kill has a history of this. I'm already a little disturbed about what I've learned in this thread. But the way these things usually work is that we'll have a growing number of ex-players go on the record with specifics to back up one side or the other.

I wanted to share some quotes from this article I'd previously read on Bill Belichick from ESPN.Com. As some of the comments may be relevant here. Now, I realize the NFL is a different game and these players are paid, etc. etc. but the style in which BB coaches has proven to win a lot of games and superbowls and that is more what I noticed from the article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7518409/bill-belichick-everybody-critic-film-sessions

Bill Belichick: Everybody's Critic

Sunday, January 29, 2012
Updated: January 30, 6:20 PM ET
Bill Belichick: Everybody's critic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Jackie MacMullan
ESPNBoston.com

Dec. 12, 2011
New England Patriots safety James Ihedigbo crouched in his seat, attempting to make himself as tiny and as indistinguishable as possible.

He knew what was coming.

Coach Bill Belichick clicked off the lights and rolled the film.

"So now we're going to watch a double reverse," said Belichick, launching into his weekly film analysis, which former linebacker Mike Vrabel gleefully revealed earned the coach the nickname "The Belistrator."

The play on the screen was painfully familiar. Just one day earlier, the Patriots slipped past the Washington Redskins 34-27, but not before Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan suckered the Patriots by calling for a double reverse. Quarterback Rex Grossman handed off to running back Roy Helu, who pitched it to receiver Brandon Banks, who tossed a 49-yard touchdown pass to an untouched Santana Moss.

"As you can see clearly here," said Belichick, slowing the game action to an excruciating crawl, "this is where Ihedigbo gets beat."

Ihedigbo, slinking farther down in his chair, squirmed uncomfortably as his coach skewered his performance.

("They ran the double reverse in Cover 2. I bit on it, and got caught. I blew the coverage," Ihedigbo later lamented.)

"So this is how you DON'T defend the double reverse," Belichick said as he showed it again.

And again. And again and again.

"Well, at least that's over with," said Ihedigbo, in his first year with the Patriots, when Belichick finally moved on.

His friends in the secondary erupted with laughter.

"James," one of his teammates informed him, "it's just beginning."

"They were right," Ihedigbo later confirmed. "Bill ran that play for weeks. He kept bringing it up: 'Now see, this is where Ihedigbo got caught deep.'

"After a while, it became more generic. It was, 'Hey, we might see a double reverse this week like we did against Washington.' And there I am, up on the screen, in the wrong place all over again."

No one is safe
The Belistrator is an equal-opportunity humiliator. He doesn't care if you are a young safety or a first-ballot Hall of Famer; if you mess up, he's going to hold you accountable.

And then he's going to degrade you.

Former linebacker Don Davis was a popular and revered figure in New England's locker room. He was a pastor who coordinated Bible study groups for the players and proved to be a tireless worker on the field and in the weight room. He even earned the offseason conditioning award.

"So there's this one play that made Don look really bad," Vrabel recalled. "Bill showed it a few times then said, 'Offseason award winner, my ass. You look like a cow on ice.' Tedy [Bruschi] and I were in the back laughing our butts off.

"Of course, it's only funny until it happens to you."

Belichick's current and former players and coaches say his vicious film critiques have been part of his motivational arsenal for as long as they can remember. The roots of the tactic are murky -- Belichick declined a request to be interviewed for this story -- but the desired impact has been well documented.

"It was very, very effective," said Brad Seely, the former Patriots and current San Francisco 49ers special teams coach. "Just look at the former players who have been gone a few years and can still describe it in vivid detail."

Seely said he rarely knew in advance what Belichick had prepared for the dreaded Monday meeting.

"We all were as anxious as the players to see what Bill came up with," Seely said. "Those sessions were always quite enlightening."

Past Patriots veterans fondly remember the time Tom Brady uncharacteristically threw a weak, fluttering pass. As they left the stadium, Brady announced, "Bring the popcorn. I'll be the star of tomorrow's show." Sure enough, when the lights were dimmed and the film began rolling, there was Brady in technicolor, tossing a wounded duck up for grabs -- over and over again.

In that instance, the coach let the picture tell the story. Then he clicked on the lights and announced, "I've seen better passes thrown at Foxborough High School."

The Brady lowlights have been frequent and biting through the years. Belichick stresses the need to never leave points on the board and whenever his quarterback does, he's treated to his own personal film festival. The clips include bad reads, interceptions and poorly timed bombs, such as one in 2009, when Brady overthrew Randy Moss as he streaked toward the end zone.

"As you can see," the Belistrator pointed out, "Randy is wide open. The defense let him go. Not that we can hit him, though. Right, Tom?"

Picking on Ihedigbo is one thing; embarrassing the face of the franchise would seem to be another matter entirely.

It isn't.

"The message was always clear," Bruschi said. "No one was off limits. That's why you had to respect it."

"None of us are immune from his coaching," Stephen Gostkowski added.

Not even the kicker. In Super Bowl XLII against the New York Giants, the Patriots had just scored on a Laurence Maroney 1-yard run when Gostkowski kicked off -- and the ball sailed out of bounds.

That critical error gave the Giants optimal field position at their own 40-yard line. Gostkowski had to sit through weeks and weeks of replays of his stray kick, as well as Eli Manning's ensuing 38-yard pass to Amani Toomer that placed the Giants inside New England's 20-yard line. New York did not score on that drive because Ellis Hobbs picked off a Manning pass, but footage of that play is never shown. The Belistrator always ends the clip with the Giants seemingly ready to cash in on Gostkowski's miscue.

For a split second, Gostkowski actually thought he might escape the humiliating film sessions, since his mistake occurred during the season finale.

Ah, no.

"Bill teed it up the first week the following season," Gostkowski said. "He reminded me of that kick almost every day. He has a way of putting pressure on you so you accept any challenge he puts out there.

"He never forgets anything. He still brings up plays from when he was a coach with the Giants and the Browns. Those meetings are like an NFL history lesson."

Oct. 7, 2001
In the waning seconds of the first half, the Miami Dolphins were in the red zone, threatening to score. The job of the Patriots' defense on third down was clear: prevent the touchdown, force the field goal.

Belichick's 10 most unconventional moves

Some were proved to be brilliant, others not so much -- but all bucked the status quo. Mike Rodak »

"The tight end [Jed Weaver] split out wide," Bruschi said. "I wasn't even sure if he was supposed to be my man, but I jumped out to cover him.

"It was red zone situational football. With 20 seconds left, all I had to do is keep him out of the end zone. Conceptually, you want to stay off that player. For some reason, I played him tight at the line of scrimmage."

The ball was snapped. Weaver juked past Bruschi, then burned him for a 14-yard touchdown thrown by Jay Fiedler seven seconds before halftime. The Patriots went on to lose 30-10.

"I knew I was going to hear about it," Bruschi said, "but Bill was still showing that play five years later. By then it was no longer, 'Look at what Bruschi did.' It was, 'Here's an example of bad situational football.' By 2007 I was saying to him, 'Hey Bill, do you think we can find another example?"'

Bruschi admitted the repeated humiliation was, at times, infuriating.

"But I've got to tell you, it works," he said. "I made a mistake, and it was pointed out so many times I never made it again. It's like what Bill Parcells always used to say: 'Don't be that guy who ruins a season.'"

Point taken
After Patriots rookies are handed their playbooks, if they are fortunate, a veteran will pull them aside and prep them for the devastating beatdown that each of them invariably will experience.

Most learn to take it; some never can. Those players do not last in the Patriots' organization.

"The idea is to take it personally," Bruschi said. "Bill wants you to do that. You get angry, and you get embarrassed. But then you get to the point where you want to fix it, and fix it badly."

A number of former Patriots pointed to Adalius Thomas as one who struggled with those film sessions. In 2007, Thomas designed T-shirts and passed them out in the locker room. On the front, the shirt read "Eat it," and on the back it said "Humble pie." At the time, Thomas good-naturedly explained he was accenting the need to be able to react positively to criticism.

"But I think that stuff got to him," Vrabel said.

Two years later, Thomas was a healthy scratch for a game against the Tennessee Titans. When asked if he would use his inactive status as motivation, Thomas replied, "I don't need something like this to fire me up. This isn't kindergarten. I don't play those games."

The following April, Thomas was released.

Deion Branch said if you are looking for positive feedback to soothe your ego, New England is the wrong place to play. The idea, he said, is to push you to the brink, then reel you back in so "you can prove Bill wrong."

"He never compliments you," linebacker Rob Ninkovich said. "He'll throw you a little something once in a while, but it's never, 'Good job.' It's more like, 'Well, you did a little better with this.'"

Ninkovich experienced his own demeaning Belistrator moment following a Nov. 7, 2010, loss in Cleveland. Josh Cribbs lined up in the Wildcat formation, but instead of running it himself, he handed off to Chansi Stuckey on a "fumblerooski" play. Stuckey scampered past Ninkovich for an 11-yard touchdown.

"[Stuckey] was hiding behind the guard," Ninkovich said. "I saw everything. I knew exactly what they were going to do. But sometimes things are going so fast that you don't react the way you want.

"Instead of running behind the line of scrimmage and running across the ball and tackling the guy for a loss, I ran underneath. Cribbs was running the opposite way, and I was running the wrong way.

"When I watched it afterward -- about 100 times -- I said to myself, 'What the hell was I doing?'

"I can promise you this -- it won't ever happen again."

Oct. 10, 2007
The Patriots were ahead 3-0 against the Cincinnati Bengals and had advanced the ball to the Bengals' 1-yard line. They were trying to pound it in for the score, so Vrabel checked in as an eligible receiver, then turned and hauled in the touchdown pass from Brady.

Upon further review, the coach was peeved by the result. Belichick pieced together a montage of Vrabel's offensive forays, then highlighted the lowlights of his attempts to block in his role as a tight end.

"No wonder we throw to you," the Belistrator cackled when the lights came up. "Nobody in their right mind would run behind a block like that."

Even a successful touchdown is not immune from criticism.

There were days, both former and current players confess, when the humiliation was disheartening, even overwhelming. Often, players left the complex feeling angry and unappreciated.

That, said Vrabel, is part of the mental challenge.

"I think if football is really important to you and you are mentally and physically tough, then it's not that hard," Vrabel said. "If you like putting yourself before the team, then it might be difficult. If you have a different agenda, it's going to be brutal.

"I liked knowing where I stood. I like that there wasn't a whole lot of gray area."

He critiques because he cares
New England's current two-way contributor, Julian Edelman, said he can't narrow his humiliations down to one specific film moment.

"There are so many of them," he said. "Mostly when I fumble the ball."

Edelman said he has learned to appreciate Belichick's film assaults, even if they are directed at him. He likes the idea of accountability and the reinforcement of fundamentals.

"It's kind of like Bill's signature thing," he said. "And besides, sometimes it's pretty funny. He has a good sense of humor."

The Belistrator loves to run a particular play when center Dan Koppen is supposed to be cleaning up the pocket, but is unable to make contact.

"We're waiting, Dan," Belichick delights in saying as the film runs. "Still waiting … still waiting …"

"Coach," Koppen finally responded after two years of seeing the clip, "no matter how many times you show this, I'm still not going to get there."

"Anybody, Dan? Anybody? Can you just hit somebody?" chortled Vrabel, in his best Belistrator voice. "That's one of my favorites.

"And don't forget the time he went to Willie McGinest and said, 'Hey Willie, if you were on the offensive line and I yelled, 'Screen left!' which way would you block?' Willie said, 'I'd go left.'

"Bill said, 'Well damn, that's right. See, Light [addressing tackle Matt Light]? Even a defensive guy knows which way to block.'"

Bruschi surmises the 2011 Patriots have been through hell as they approach their Super Bowl matchup with the Giants. The stronger the team, he said, the more intensely Belichick drives you.

"I look back on that '07 season, and that was the hardest he ever coached us," Bruschi said. "We were undefeated and he treated us like we hadn't won a game.

"I'm sure he was the same with this team after they beat Denver in their first playoff game. They killed the Broncos, but I guarantee you the entire meeting was about all the things they did wrong.

"In that way, Bill hasn't changed at all. He wants you on edge. He wants you uncomfortable.

"If I thought for a minute he had softened, I'd call him up and say, 'What's wrong, Coach?"'

Vrabel had one year left on his contract when he went to Belichick in 2009 and told him he'd like to redo his deal. Within weeks, he was dealt to Kansas City.

It was a shocking and hurtful development for the proud linebacker, who had enjoyed a tremendous relationship with Belichick. Vrabel didn't speak to his former coach for almost two years after the trade.

Time has softened Vrabel's stance. He's retired now and working as a defensive line coach at Ohio State, and hopes to pop in on a Patriots practice in Indianapolis.

"Bill and I are more than fine now," Vrabel said. "To be honest, I had this revelation. Let's say, for example, I stayed in New England and got old, and it got messy. Maybe I got cut. If that happened, we probably wouldn't have a relationship.

"Looking back, what Bill did made sense. I went to K.C., met a ton of people. Now Bill and I talk all the time. I get advice on my players. I check on his daughter, who is at Ohio State.

"We never talked about the trade. We probably never will. But I know this: Bill cares. He doesn't show it, but if you bust your ass for him, he's got your back.

"Now, that may not come across in August in training camp. But one day, these guys will be 36 years old and they'll understand what he was all about."

In the meantime, the Belistrator terrorizes them with their human foibles, cutting a franchise quarterback down to a high school wannabe, making his linebacker and his safety feel as though they still haven't made a single significant play in their Patriots careers.

Their coach wants perfection. He knows he'll never get it, because the film preserves each and every mistake. So he'll lower the lights, run the film and grimace through another flawed Sunday.

Even when it's Super Bowl XLVI.

Jackie MacMullan is a columnist for ESPNBoston.com.

I heard Kill make this comment on the radio earlier in the season, long before AJ was hurt. (Paraphrasing): "Yes, he's had a good start to the season, but AJ and I have talked about what he needs to do to earn a scholarship, and a lot of it has to do with him staying healthy, because he's had problems with that in the past."

The question might be in the perception of each on whether he had done enough before the most recent injury. My guess is that Kill was being more motivational and using the scholarship as a carrot to get him on the field faster. And AJ clearly thinks Kill crossed the line.

Whatever happened, I think find out over the next few weeks of Kill has a history of this. I'm already a little disturbed about what I've learned in this thread. But the way these things usually work is that we'll have a growing number of ex-players go on the record with specifics to back up one side or the other.

The key will be who transfers after the season. If he loses any of the true freshman that are playing, it will be a huge indicator of problems. A huge win for Kill would be Shortell staying, that would say alot.

"There is a serious disconnect between Brewster guys and Kill guys" per @DarrenWolfson

Go Gophers!!

I wanted to share some quotes from this article I'd previously read on Bill Belichick from ESPN.Com. As some of the comments may be relevant here. Now, I realize the NFL is a different game and these players are paid, etc. etc. but the style in which BB coaches has proven to win a lot of games and superbowls and that is more what I noticed from the article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7518409/bill-belichick-everybody-critic-film-sessions

The thing that bothered me the most about that is that they kept calling it a double reverse, when the play mentioned was absolutely not a double reverse. A football genius like Belichick should know that.

Barker says that there are other current players who agree with him.

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, then they can transfer out too.

Let's not forget a comment from Phillip Nelson, in the newspaper: Coach Kill during recruiting Nelson..."If you are thin skinned, this is not the place for you."

That separates the men from the wanna be men.

As far as being called a "faggot"? $hit man, I've been called a lot worse, by a lot better people, so take it with a grain of salt.

Kill: "I've been a lot tougher on [other players] than I have with AJ..." #Gophers

The thing that bothered me the most about that is that they kept calling it a double reverse, when the play mentioned was absolutely not a double reverse. A football genius like Belichick should know that.

True True.

I had forgotten who it was on here who always made that correction, ever since then whenever an announcer calls an end around a reverse or a reverse a double reverse I can't stand it.

True True.

I had forgotten who it was on here who always made that correction, ever since then whenever an announcer calls an end around a reverse or a reverse a double reverse I can't stand it.

OMG, there are never any GopherHolers who make corrections on anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom