Badgers Montee Ball attacked: UPDATED 8/7: Madison columnist tees-off on Ball

Others along with him, could have been shot, and career over.

As has been stated before..."Nothing good happens after midnight."

That is why MY car, that my kids used in High School and College, MY CAR, had a midnight curfew, or it was grounded. The CAR never complained once.

You can't tell me BB didn't get wind of it.
This is the classic what did he know and when did he know it. And furthermore what did he do about it. Any reporter willing to ask this at his presser? Come on, man. Green Bay Press Gazzette, Milwaukee Journal, Wisconisn State Journal, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, ESPN, somebody?

I heard from a reliable source that it was John Chadima and a roving band of thugs who put the hurt on Mr. Ball. Mr. Ball was threatening to expose details about Chadima's escapades, all of which BB has known about for years and has kept quiet to protect the program.

:cool02::cool02:

This from a site called Badger of Honor

"Obviously this is not what Bret Bielema, Barry Alvarez and the Badgers wanted to hear. If Ball and other players did indeed get involved in a fight where a man was beaten up, then discipline will be in order. Clearly the cops are all over this now so the possibility of criminal charges has to be thrown in there. I’ll be curious to learn the identities of the other players involved in the alleged fight.

It just shows how fast your perceptions of a situation can change. Before we were worried about Montee Ball’s possible Heisman season being derailed by a concussion incurred in a random attack. Now it seems we have more to worry about including the possibility of Ball being suspended or even jailed."
http://badgerofhonor.com/2012/08/02/montee-ball-may-have-been-involved-in-fight-prior-to-unprovoked-attack/

This from the Wisconsin State Journal

Madison police now say they believe a "precipitating event" led to the attack early Wednesday on University of Wisconsin senior running back Montee Ball, who will miss next week's start of the preseason football camp after suffering a concussion.

Central District Capt. Carl Gloede said Thursday police were still trying to pin down what that prior incident entailed, when and where it took place, what Ball's involvement might have been, and whether other football players were involved.

A witness to the attack on Ball by five men at about 2:15 a.m. in the 500 block of University Avenue said one of the assailants remarked something like, "One down, nine to go," Gloede said, suggesting that others might have been targeted."

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/police-say-precipitating-event-may-have-led-to-attack-on/article_15afe650-dcfd-11e1-830d-0019bb2963f4.html

FWIW

@M_Ball28
The report that I was involved in a fight is totally false.

of course it is montee. of course it is. you upstanding citizen, you. of course it is patently "false" when you are the key cog to the becky badger offense and they would be especially lost without your services. i don't believe him or his "story". unprovoked my arse. the madison media lap dogs are a joke too.

It's extra stinky in Skunkyville...

It will be interesting to see how the Emperor Barry handles this. My guess is that Ball will be protected by some sort of coverup. After all he is "Montee"

of course it is montee. of course it is. you upstanding citizen, you. of course it is patently "false" when you are the key cog to the becky badger offense and they would be especially lost without your services. i don't believe him or his "story". unprovoked my arse. the madison media lap dogs are a joke too.

There's not enough for anyone to say it's a reported pattern, but him getting arrested at the Mifllin party or whatever, now this. I think it's pretty obvious Montee has too much time on his hands and came back for his senior year to "live it up" in college his last year.
Can't blame him, but that kind of mindset could be getting him into trouble if he's constantly cruising for chicks, partying and has a light classload.
It seems that a heisman candidate(puke), would maybe have enough drive to set aside this kind of thing and prepare for his senior year with a vengence.
Just my opinion, and i took full advantage of my senior year to party it up.

Police discovered some video footage of Coach & the football players just prior to the original fight. FireDaveLee reports; You Decide!

no NCAA violations with these scuffles. Now, kids getting checks all summer for never appearing on the job at a local landscaping company or for just picking up the mail and bringing it up to the house that is different. that is the stuff no one can speak of.

"It just shows how fast your perceptions of a situation can change. Before we were worried about Montee Ball’s possible Heisman season being derailed by a concussion incurred in a random attack. Now it seems we have more to worry about including the possibility of Ball being suspended or even jailed."

My perceptions certainly haven't changed. Anyone who's ever been in a college town at bar close should have known (or at least had a feeling) there was more to the story. I can't believe how many people just wrote this off as a random "unprovoked" attack when news broke of the situation.

perhaps GopherLady may want to change her title thread to more accurately reflect the situation and what police/we are learning as we go here. thinking "unprovoked" seems a bit presumptuous and was perhaps being far too charitable to the character of old montee ball.

see update to the story:

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/police-say-precipitating-event-may-have-led-to-attack-on/article_15afe650-dcfd-11e1-830d-0019bb2963f4.html

guessing a more appropriate thread title may end up being: "montee ball gets his ass kicked by 5 guys.....and it was well deserved".

I am feeling a little vindicated. Nobody just gets attacked. However inane or seemingly minuscule the provocation there is always something.

"It just shows how fast your perceptions of a situation can change. Before we were worried about Montee Ball’s possible Heisman season being derailed by a concussion incurred in a random attack. Now it seems we have more to worry about including the possibility of Ball being suspended or even jailed."

My perceptions certainly haven't changed. Anyone who's ever been in a college town at bar close should have known (or at least had a feeling) there was more to the story. I can't believe how many people just wrote this off as a random "unprovoked" attack when news broke of the situation.

I never believed that Montee Ball could be "randomly" jumped by 5 guys in Madison, Wisconsin. In any case, someone built like Ball is not exactly a prime target for random violence and when that person is also the biggest man on campus it becomes almost impossible to believe that there was no back story to this.

I never believed that Montee Ball could be "randomly" jumped by 5 guys in Madison, Wisconsin. In any case, someone built like Ball is not exactly a prime target for random violence and when that person is also the biggest man on campus it becomes almost impossible to believe that there was no back story to this.

Why not? Hell, in Wisconsin, 5 guys will randomly jump on and have their way with a road killed deer!!!

We still don't know what happened, and to criticize someone who received a concussion before all the facts are in seems kind of petty to me.

However, in the the link supadupafly posted:

http://host.madison.com/news/local/...cle_15afe650-dcfd-11e1-830d-0019bb2963f4.html

Coach Bulimia's (heretofore noted as Coach Self Induced Vomiting, or Coach SIV) comments were summarized as:

Bielema gave no indication Ball would have any long-term problems and said the situation would provide at least two benefits: It would give other running backs more snaps in practice, while giving Bielema a chance to limit Ball’s exposure to hits — which is something Bielema was looking to do anyway.

Coach SIV is a bloody meathead. This is not the time to look for a "good time to be a badger" silver lining.

Seriously....is there anybody on this board that actually thought there was not more to this story then Ball just getting jumped. Sounded fishy from the start.

"Police in Madison, Wisconsin have interviewed a man who claims he was beat up by UW running back Montee Ball at a party last week ... and want to know if the alleged victim had anything to do with the attack on Ball on Wednesday morning.

Sources connected to the investigation tell us ... detectives visited the alleged victim at his job earlier today and questioned him to find out if Wednesday's campus attack on Ball was an act of retaliation.

Our sources tell us the alleged victim told police ... Ball, along with other members of the University of Wisconsin football team, beat him badly at a party at an apartment complex near campus on Friday July 27th.

We're told ... the alleged victim said he suffered multiple injuries in the attack ... including facial lacerations, bruising and a concussion. The alleged victim told investigators he was hospitalized for his injuries ... but never filed a police report."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/03/montee-ball-cops-interview-house-party-fight-university-of-wisconsin/

husker70 said:
Police in Madison, Wisconsin have interviewed a man who claims he was beat up by UW running back Montee Ball at a party last week ... and want to know if the alleged victim had anything to do with the attack on Ball on Wednesday morning.

Sources connected to the investigation tell us ... detectives visited the alleged victim at his job earlier today and questioned him to find out if Wednesday's campus attack on Ball was an act of retaliation.

Our sources tell us the alleged victim told police ... Ball, along with other members of the University of Wisconsin football team, beat him badly at a party at an apartment complex near campus on Friday July 27th.

We're told ... the alleged victim said he suffered multiple injuries in the attack ... including facial lacerations, bruising and a concussion. The alleged victim told investigators he was hospitalized for his injuries ... but never filed a police report.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/03/montee-ball-cops-interview-house-party-fight-university-of-wisconsin/

Yes!!! It's turning into the Iowa RB massacre! Suspend Ball Wiconsin!

I call BS on that, troll.

Yup...and I wish he/she/shim would stop referring to wisky as "them". You are one of them, and least sack up enough to admit it, but that would be expecting too much of you.

I may be tempting fate here, but:

It sure is nice to read all these stories about athletes from other schools getting in trouble, and having a reasonable expectation that I'm not going to be reading similar stories about Gopher athletes. If Jerrry Kill has accomplished nothing else, he at least seems to have brought about an attitude adjustment for the FB program - players are going to class, getting good grades, and staying out of trouble. Now, we'll see if there's a correlation between good behavior off the field, and good performance on the field.

This...Bell and other football players beat the crap out of a guy.

There, I'm tired of the " Unprovoked " attack. I've seen enough media sources from
Beckyland that this could be a real mess for Wisconsin football. Of course Becky fans say the MPD is doing a Barney Fife type of investigation. The denial comments outnumber the stark reality comments 2 to 1.

Ruppert, get together with PantherHawk and look for a therapist that will do group therapy. Perhaps it will be cheaper that way. Did your latest statement really need a new thread?

It sure is nice to read all these stories about athletes from other schools getting in trouble, and having a reasonable expectation that I'm not going to be reading similar stories about Gopher athletes...

You don't have that expectation. We're talking about over 100 kids who are living on their own for the first time, with all the learning, drinking, partying, and getting into fights that comes with that. Most of the people I knew back then were good kids who would go on to graduate, get good jobs, raise families, and generally be decent, upstanding folk...but before that there were fights, drunk driving charges, drug use, cheating on homework, etc...all the stuff that, if a football player does it, it becomes a story. No matter how good their influences, or how much the staff tries to recruit "good" kids, plenty of them are going to get in trouble. Even the good ones.

I am feeling a little vindicated. Nobody just gets attacked. However inane or seemingly minuscule the provocation there is always something.

You shouldn't be. We don't really know what happened yet, and even when we do, if it turns out Ball brought it on himself, that doesn't mean it correct to assume there was something more to it. Some people do, in fact, just get attacked. Especially famous athletes. Jumping to the conclusion from the first report that Ball did something wrong to deserve the beating (and I don't know if you personally did that) says as much about the person making that assumption as it does about Ball/

Top Bottom