Badgers Montee Ball attacked: UPDATED 8/7: Madison columnist tees-off on Ball

I hope you realize that what copied from TMZ and noted their report. They are making the claim. And this all centers around the word involved. Being there puts anyone closer to being involved.

Agree. I was at the Mall and was close to being involved with a beautiful woman.

Madison columnist tees-off on Ball:

"In the seven months since he announced he was returning for his senior season with the University of Wisconsin football team instead of declaring for the NFL — a revelation as welcome as it was unexpected — Ball has lived a star-crossed existence that is nothing short of jarring.

He’s been handcuffed, then beaten in separate campus-area incidents.

He’s been taken to jail and the hospital.

He’s been ticketed for trespassing and treated for a concussion.

He’s been humbling fodder for national all-sports channels and celebrity gossip websites alike."

http://host.madison.com/sports/colu...04c-11e1-a07f-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz22rmfs2Li

Go Gophers!!

I wait for Andy Baggot and Tom Oates to give me the inside scoop. Come on Andy!

I hate BB and I hate WI, but I don't think they generally run a program that gets into a lot of trouble. It happens, just like it happens here. We lost a kid this winter who was recruited by Kill and stole suitcases from the airport (GeShun Harris). He did this despite having the threat of having to wear a loafer shirt.

I guess for me, I just think some things are always going to happen, even at the programs with the least amount of troubles. Personally, I think it's because a lot of the things that happens with athletes happen at every campus throughout the college population. I'm not condoning it or suggesting those players shouldn't receive punishment but I expect to read about a few cases of drunken shenanigans every year. From my experience, it's what college kids do.

Harris was immediately booted off the team by Kill. What do you think the odds are that Ball and others are booted off the Badgers? I'd say the odds are next to zero.

Harris was immediately booted off the team by Kill. What do you think the odds are that Ball and others are booted off the Badgers? I'd say the odds are next to zero.

Zero.

But I also think they are different scenarios. There was security footage of GeShun Harris stealing the suitcases. With Ball, he was jumped and there were rumors that he was with a group that beat up another kid earlier. I think most people (rightfully or not) look at drunken college fighting as "college kids being college kids" and what Harris did as being a criminal.

I don't think it is a close enough situation. I only brought it up to make a point that despite having things like the "loafer" shirt and all that, things still happen with college kids. I don't blame Kill for GeShun Harris. I think the coach starts to deserve some blame if a pattern of misconduct starts emerging. Ferentz should feel a little heat for Iowa's issues.

Zero.

But I also think they are different scenarios. There was security footage of GeShun Harris stealing the suitcases. With Ball, he was jumped and there were rumors that he was with a group that beat up another kid earlier. I think most people (rightfully or not) look at drunken college fighting as "college kids being college kids" and what Harris did as being a criminal.

I don't think it is a close enough situation. I only brought it up to make a point that despite having things like the "loafer" shirt and all that, things still happen with college kids. I don't blame Kill for GeShun Harris. I think the coach starts to deserve some blame if a pattern of misconduct starts emerging. Ferentz should feel a little heat for Iowa's issues.

Stealing suitcases and a group of football players beating up someone at a bar are both pretty similar offenses. I don't think you can view it as its just what young football players do. Drinking, yes. Violence, no. If Wisky football players and Ball were involved in this, they should face some type of repercussions if there is any type of code of conduct.

Zero.

+1

Stealing suitcases and a group of football players beating up someone at a bar are both pretty similar offenses. I don't think you can view it as its just what young football players do. Drinking, yes. Violence, no. If Wisky football players and Ball were involved in this, they should face some type of repercussions if there is any type of code of conduct.

As far as the "beating" that happened earlier in the week, none of us know any details about it. We don't know who started it, how it was started, who was involved, how far the fight went, if Ball had any part in the fight, etc. To judge him on our speculation of the fight is premature.

off topic, if anyone believes that D1 athletes are treated as regular students then they haven't been paying attention to collegiate sports. It wasn't any different when Ricky Foggey drove a new Nissan 300 his Sr year. Sure, maybe he paid for it.

+1

As far as the "beating" that happened earlier in the week, none of us know any details about it. We don't know who started it, how it was started, who was involved, how far the fight went, if Ball had any part in the fight, etc. To judge him on our speculation of the fight is premature.

I agree, the facts aren't out yet. I qualified my statement with "if." Bob's point was that stealing suitcases is a criminal activity, but that drunken college kids pummeling someone is "kids being kids."

Yesterday I started monitoring ESPN coverage, think they will see the iceberg. I did catch an Outside Lines piece on Student Affairs v. Paterno. It could easily be Wisconsin, espically the 2007 handling football players in a fight with students.

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8229520[/video]

Yesterday I started monitoring ESPN coverage, think they will see the iceberg. I did catch an Outside Lines piece on Student Affairs v. Paterno. It could easily be Wisconsin, espically the 2007 handling football players in a fight with students.

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8229520[/video]

In Bielema's statement yesterday he mentioned his 2 starting safeties. A little research indicates that Shane Carter and Aubrey Pleasant were both kicked off the team immediately before the season in 2009, but no charges were ever filed against them and no details of the reasons every came to light. Similar situation in 2010 when Kraig Appleton, Shelby Harris, and Nick Hill were kicked off the team without having been arrested and without any specifics being reported.

(Warning - Sarcasm Alert!)

The way I hear it, Ball got into a fight off-campus, and went back and told Bielema that he only hit the other guy once - and Bielema said "You should have gone for 2."

(Warning - Sarcasm Alert!)

The way I hear it, Ball got into a fight off-campus, and went back and told Bielema that he only hit the other guy once - and Bielema said "You should have gone for 2."

It loses the punch when you put in the warning.

Michael Hunt, not the writer, was one heck of a Gopher Linebacker. He was part of the Michigan shutout.

The FB Gophers director of recruiting operations is named Billy Glasscock. funny names ha.

Top Bottom