Back to 17 wins to be “completely safe” heading to BTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
After tonight's dismantling of Michigan State, the Gophers are now 2-1 in Hodger's "Big Boys" bucket, having already met the 2 win criteria. Time to add to it and build the resume!!

Go Gophers!!

Our schedule is so front loaded. 6 big boy games and 5 of our first 6 games are from this group. Seemed like a tall order to get 2 wins but now hoping to exceed expectations here. Sweet.

Gotta hold serve at Home. A nice win this weekend vs. a ranked OSU team will be huge and probably keep them in the Top 25.

Gotta hold serve at Home. A nice win this weekend vs. a ranked OSU team will be huge and probably keep them in the Top 25.

Exactly. Beat OSU and we are 3-0 in some of our toughest home games. Hold serve at home and pick up a few road wins along the way.

Exactly. Beat OSU and we are 3-0 in some of our toughest home games. Hold serve at home and pick up a few road wins along the way.
Yup! They are all big but winning tomorrow would be big! Definitely do not need a losing streak. Real important to the team to prove to themselves, once again, that they can get it done.
I would think Carr plays well. That’ll help!
Get err done fellas!

Yup! They are all big but winning tomorrow would be big! Definitely do not need a losing streak. Real important to the team to prove to themselves, once again, that they can get it done.
I would think Carr plays well. That’ll help!
Get err done fellas!

Next week have two tough road games. Really be nice to get this one.

After today's convincing win over Ohio State, Minnesota is now 2-0 in Hodger's "Flip a Coin" bucket, which we would ideally go 7-5 or better in.

Go Gophers!!

Would love you to go .500 or better against the big boys. Opens up some room in the flip a coin.

Beginning to wonder if SS is right about 17-10 being enough.

How many of you are comfortable with the Gophers going 7-8 from this point and still making the tournament?

That sounds pretty bublicious to me, I'm thinking they need to at least go 8-7 to lock it in. That would be 18-9 and 11-9.

Just what do you think?

Beginning to wonder if SS is right about 17-10 being enough.

How many of you are comfortable with the Gophers going 7-8 from this point and still making the tournament?

That sounds pretty bublicious to me, I'm thinking they need to at least go 8-7 to lock it in. That would be 18-9 and 11-9.

Just what do you think?
If they go 7-8 the rest of the way they’re going to finish 10-10 in clearly the best conference in the country.

They already have quality wins.
St Louis
Iowa
Michigan state
Ohio state

Assuming they beat Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland, and northwestern at home...In order to go 7-8 they would also have to pick up 3 road wins or 3 more quality home wins....and that’s assuming you don’t count northwestern, Maryland, and Purdue as quality wins.

So you are either 10-10 in the best conference with
7 quality wins
Or 4 quality wins and 3 decent road wins
Or some combo

zero bad losses, and if they do pick up a loss at home to Nebraska and still get to 7-8...that would be countered by another quality win at home or another win on the road.

so in answer to your question...zero chance 17-10 (10-10) gets left out

I’m not changing the original post. We’ll be switching it 5 times a week if we do that. Anyone who wants to start a new thread with their own split of teams, go for it. This one isn’t changing.
You know that your initial assessment will be wrong. Factually, you'll never guess it correctly any season before any games have been played. I'm sure you don't dispute this.

And sure, it would be silly to ask you to change the OP five times a week.

Those are the two ends of the spectrum: never changing it, and changing it every day.

How about ... you know ... something in the middle of the spectrum?? Like, update the OP every Monday morning? Once every two weeks? Once a month?

If they go 7-8 the rest of the way they’re going to finish 10-10 in clearly the best conference in the country.

They already have quality wins.
St Louis
Iowa
Michigan state
Ohio state

Assuming they beat Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland, and northwestern at home...In order to go 7-8 they would also have to pick up 3 road wins or 3 more quality home wins....and that’s assuming you don’t count northwestern, Maryland, and Purdue as quality wins.

So you are either 10-10 in the best conference with
7 quality wins
Or 4 quality wins and 3 decent road wins
Or some combo

zero bad losses, and if they do pick up a loss at home to Nebraska and still get to 7-8...that would be countered by another quality win at home or another win on the road.

so in answer to your question...zero chance 17-10 (10-10) gets left out
There's also (possibly) the Big Ten Tournament where they could pick up a win against, really anyone, and it be another quality win.

There's also (possibly) the Big Ten Tournament where they could pick up a win against, really anyone, and it be another quality win.
And unless you are the 11 seed you can’t get a bad loss in the tourney.

Because the 14 seed is the only team that’s going to be even close to a bad loss

Agree w the big boys.
Unfortunately, so many of the flip a coin are on the road. Records on the road for gopher basketball are hideous under RP.
Road record/just plain being able to compete remains atrocious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom