B1G vs SEC bowl games 2023/24

If you believe the U of Washington will continue to get 5* level transfers at QB every year, you have a valid point.

Indeed, all Minnesota has to do is just do that. Just go get Penix from somewhere like Indiana.

Good plan!

Of course you believe that transfer addition, and therefore Wash natty run, was just a stroke of good luck. You don’t believe they’ll be contenders every year going forward.

Per usual trying to troll both sides of the argument for your entertainment.
I’m not even making an argument.
You said Washington has better upside than Minnesota because of the ability to recruit CA

I said their best player is from FL.

That’s not an argument. It’s a fact.

You said Washington has better upside than Minnesota because of the ability to recruit CA

No he’s not. He’s from Indiana, to Washington.

Washington did not recruit him in Florida.

None of this refutes anything I’ve said so far in the slightest.

The key point, that is correct and you’ve purposefully ignored:

Washington has better ability to recruit California high school players than Minnesota had ability to recruit Southern high school players.

Correct

Transfers more important than previously, yes.

But we’re also talking about why Wash has been able to have more success than MN in recent history.

Transfers more important than previously, yes.

But we’re also talking about why Wash has been able to have more success than MN in recent history.
Washington is more successful this year because they have a heisman caliber QB from Florida.

Excluding this year:
Washington 19/29 seasons with 7 or fewer wins in last 30
Minnesota with 22/29 seasons with 7 or fewer wins in last 30

Including this year
Last 20 years;
Washington 12/20 at 7 or fewer wins
Minnesota 14/20 at 7 wins or fewer

Last 10 years:
Washington 3/10 at 7 wins or fewer
Minnesota 5/10 at 7 wins or fewer

The biggest difference between the programs isn’t being on I5 instead of I35
It’s having Chris Peterson and Steve Sarkisian and Kalen DeBoer instead of Tim Brewster, Jerry Kill, Tracy Claeys, and Pj Fleck.

Last edited:

This is factually incorrect. He is literally from Florida.
So you’re going to lie about him transferring from Indiana, and lie about pretending not to get it.

I knew you were trolling. Confirmed

Washington is more successful this year because they have a heisman caliber QB
who transferred there from Indiana.

“Gophers can copy Washington success very easily. Just get a Heisman caliber P5 transfer QB like Penix!”
- SG

Good plan!

So you’re going to lie about him transferring from Indiana, and lie about pretending not to get it.

I knew you were trolling. Confirmed
He is from Florida. Sorry if this hurts your feelings

I didn’t say he didn’t transfer from Indiana.
You said he isn’t from Florida. Which is false.

who transferred there from Indiana.

“Gophers can copy Washington success very easily. Just get a Heisman caliber P5 transfer QB like Penix!”
- SG

Good plan!
I didn’t say Mn can copy WA’s plan easilyz

I don’t think Wa will have an easy time copying WA’s plan

So this is just a lie.

But yes, the path to success in college football is having great players and coaches.
The players don’t have to come from California. They could come from Florida like Washington’s best player currently does.

You’re right, you didn’t say that exact thing here:
Washington is a program that should make gopher fans excited. They were 4-8 3 years ago
0-12 in 2008
1-10 in 2004

In the last 30 years, 19 seasons with 7 or fewer wins. (Gophers are 23/30 at 7 or fewer…. And 3 of the 7 over 7 happen to be with the current coach in the last 5 seasons)

They’re proof that any team can get their shit together and make a couple playoffs and maybe win a national title.
See guys? Just get a Heisman transfer QB from Indiana and we’re set.

I didn’t say he didn’t transfer from Indiana.
Agree with you that Washington did not recruit him from Florida, therefore his high school is entirely irrelevant to the discussion.

Where does the word easily occur in what you quoted

Saying it is possible =\= saying its easy
Sure thing.

We should should all be excited over a not easy, possible thing.

Agree with you that Washington did not recruit him from Florida, therefore his high school is entirely irrelevant to the discussion.
He is from Florida.
Washington has a QB who was born and raised in Florida.
His parents still lived in Florida when he was recruited from Indiana to Washington.

Sorry how upsetting this is for you

I think it has more to do with fans over the age of 70 have only witnessed success and funny Washington beat us in the 1960 Rose bowl.

Washington fans over 40 all have witnessed a National Championship and now a top 2 finish.

Washington has been to 5 Rose bowls since 1960 and have 11 conference championship since then.

Washington has a better upside simply by history of the program.

Isn’t that why you watch football?
To be in doubt if the Gophers have a chance to win, because of a strategy that’s not easy and is possible? That’s what we all should be excited about?

You are a really pathetic liar.

Owned your ass here. Have a good one

I think it has more to do with fans over the age of 70 have only witnessed success and funny Washington beat us in the 1960 Rose bowl.

Washington fans over 40 all have witnessed a National Championship and now a top 2 finish.

Washington has been to 5 Rose bowls since 1960 and have 11 conference championship since then.

Washington has a better upside simply by history of the program.
That’s why they were able to get the players they needed in 2016 to win the PAC and win the CFP?

transferred from Indiana

Just stating facts.
It’s not an argument
We are in agreement he transferred from Indiana.
He is from Florida. This is where you seem to disagree

That’s why they were able to get the players they needed in 2016 to win the PAC and win the CFP?
I would argue it’s because they had one of the top 20 coaches of the last 40 years of college football.

Of coaches with 10 or more seasons as coach. Chris Peterson has the 7th winning percentage of FBS coaches since 1983

Behind
Urban Meyer
Barry Switzer
Tom Osborn
Nick Saban
Bob stoops
Dabo Swinney
Chris Peterson

If you cut it to 25 years you could argue his is a top 5 coach

Last edited:

To be in doubt if the Gophers have a chance to win, because of a strategy that’s not easy and is possible? That’s what we all should be excited about?

You are a really pathetic liar.

Owned your ass here. Have a good one
You owned my ass. True.

It surely doesn't hurt. It also helps that their coach seems to fit their football culture perfectly. Guarantee if DeBoer was at MN he would not be playing for the National Championship.

It surely doesn't hurt. It also helps that their coach seems to fit their football culture perfectly. Guarantee if DeBoer was at MN he would not be playing for the National Championship.
DeBoer was Penix’s QB coach (and OC) at IU in 2019.

That’s why he went to Washington when DeBoer was hired there, and that largely is why they’re in the natty game.

Very convenient to get a transfer like that! Should make Gophers fans very excited!

Hopefully Fleck will do the right thing and just choose to hire someone who brings a transfer with him like that. It’s a great plan! Exciting!

DeBoer was Penix’s QB coach (and OC) at IU in 2019.

That’s why he went to Washington when DeBoer was hired there, and that largely is why they’re in the natty game.

Very convenient to get a transfer like that! Should make Gophers fans very excited!

Hopefully Fleck will do the right thing and just choose to hire someone who brings a transfer with him like that. It’s a great plan! Exciting!
agree. The possibility of bringing in a great player or coach and getting a team that hasn’t had much success the last 30 years into the playoff twice in 8 years should be exciting for mid tier power 5 programs

As should TCU making the playoff last year.

I agree. Fleck should try to hire assistant coaches who are good at recruiting. Maybe if IU fired Allen earlier and kept DeBoer as HC maybe we are watching Indiana this week.

I don’t think people realize that Washington has active, deep pocketed boosters. Whenever they needed upgraded facilities, a new football stadium, football complex, basically a new basketball arena, softball field, etc., the money is there. Coaching changes and salaries have never been a problem. And now they are more than competitive in NIL.

I expect them to do quite well in the B1G.

I don’t think people realize that Washington has active, deep pocketed boosters. Whenever they needed upgraded facilities, a new football stadium, football complex, basically a new basketball arena, softball field, etc., the money is there. Coaching changes and salaries have never been a problem. And now they are more than competitive in NIL.

I expect them to do quite well in the B1G.
Isn’t DeBoer’s salary nothing special? Might have to do with being in the PAC so not as high of conf distribution.

Would love to know the NIL numbers. If its like you say with that, and donors in general, then there’s another massive difference why we’re not, and can’t be, a Washington.

I wouldn’t think Penix would’ve gotten much based on injury history (both 2019 and 2021 seasons ended early?) and that the 2021 season was so underwhelming compared to 2020?

I mean 2020 Indiana is basically exactly what SG is proposing. Allen recruited him up there, had DeBoer as OC, they kicked some ass, then 2021 it wasn’t even close and it went downhill from there. Tough to believe DeBoer made that big of a difference?

Makes me wonder if it’s more like a Kingsbury Manziel thing?

With all the portals and opt outs the head to head is a little meaningless
The SEC is deeper, but this and fact that Big10 teams are generally built for November wins in November and most of the Bowl games(or important ones) are played in warm weather makes the head to head a tough gauge.

Isn’t DeBoer’s salary nothing special? Might have to do with being in the PAC so not as high of conf distribution.

Would love to know the NIL numbers. If its like you say with that, and donors in general, then there’s another massive difference why we’re not, and can’t be, a Washington.

I wouldn’t think Penix would’ve gotten much based on injury history (both 2019 and 2021 seasons ended early?) and that the 2021 season was so underwhelming compared to 2020?

I mean 2020 Indiana is basically exactly what SG is proposing. Allen recruited him up there, had DeBoer as OC, they kicked some ass, then 2021 it wasn’t even close and it went downhill from there. Tough to believe DeBoer made that big of a difference?

Makes me wonder if it’s more like a Kingsbury Manziel thing?
I don’t know the NIL numbers. But Washington has never had to worry very much about funds for sports. As far as Kalen DeBoer’s salary, Washington isn’t going to overpay anyone, but they will be competitive. They just gave him $1 million raise, and I expect if he does as well in 2024, he’ll get another raise and extension. This is similar to how Coyle bumps up Fleck’s pay. Just don’t expect Michigan State craziness from Montlake.

Top Bottom