Available scholarships

I could be wrong, but wasn't there at one point speculation of Luke Rasmussen transferring? Could he be the one from the 2014 class to transfer?

Only because somebody posted an old tweet that we had interest in an O-lineman that we didn't even offer. The article was before Moore committed but was posted after he committed plus i'm pretty sure we might have been recruiting him as a DE.

Donovahn also made the trip, but is now gone.

Well played.

I wonder if DJ4 was one of the confirmed transfers already. He was going to play still to help the team and himself and because he was part of the 2014 team. Then, he did something and we decided it wasn't worth it. Maybe it was something, maybe it was just an attitude. All speculation, but he was always one of the names folks speculated as a likely transfer - a ton of raw talent and it isn't shining here - could be his fault, could be our fault, who knows?

Time for me to find a new favorite player. #16 most likely.

Well played.

I wonder if DJ4 was one of the confirmed transfers already. He was going to play still to help the team and himself and because he was part of the 2014 team. Then, he did something and we decided it wasn't worth it. Maybe it was something, maybe it was just an attitude. All speculation, but he was always one of the names folks speculated as a likely transfer - a ton of raw talent and it isn't shining here - could be his fault, could be our fault, who knows?

Team sources confirmed breaking team rules according to both papers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since this is an internet fan board and speculation is what we do....My bet is McKinzy. Burns has confirmed it's a 2014 recruit, who red shirted this year. McKinzy has been passed up on the depth chart by Perra and the staff is glowing about Perra. I can see how McKinzy would be unhappy with this development. Again, I'm just guessing here, no inside info. If it's not announced soon, look to see who doesn't make the trip to Orlando and that's the guy.

Here's the list of people it could be if you rule out Holland, Gentry and Gant as Burns did.

QB - McKinzy
RB - Smith
RB - Jones
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
OL - Weyler
OL - Rasmussen
DE - Kafo

Jean Claude Van DAMN I'M GOOD!!!!

Regarding the title of the post I posted the following on the thread Spoofin linked to:

Other than the McAlvoy twins, who are leaving early or transferring?

I believe Eldred is moving on (pretty sure he's scholarship, believe it or not).

The Daily Gopher's Scholarship Grid shows 18 senior scholarships but missed Conner Cosgrove (who is actually on the roster rather than getting a health scholarship like Gjere). But it also shows they are at 83 scholarships, so I'll assume that's one of two showing unused.

http://www.thedailygopher.com/pages/football-scholarship-grid

So if we say 18 seniors + Eldred + McAvoyX2 + Cosgrove + 1(other unused mentioned above) = 23

Maxx Williams could legitimately go pro, but I hope he'll be back.

Another player or two will certainly move on for whatever reason or have scholarships unrenewed.

If we add DRM, Krizanic and Williams, that would make 26 available scholarships. I would assume one of those goes to Perra. That would still make the full 25 available.

I'm a little surprised Krizanic was/will be allowed to transfer to Ohio. Usually you will not get released if you are going to a school on the schedule for the next number of years you have eligibility, but the Gophers play Ohio next year. I realize he will have to sit out, but still that is generally the rule (theoretically he could give play calls, signs, whatever to the coaches to give an unfair advantage).

Regarding the title of the post I posted the following on the thread Spoofin linked to:

If we add DRM, Krizanic and Williams, that would make 26 available scholarships. I would assume one of those goes to Perra. That would still make the full 25 available.

I'm a little surprised Krizanic was/will be allowed to transfer to Ohio. Usually you will not get released if you are going to a school on the schedule for the next number of years you have eligibility, but the Gophers play Ohio next year. I realize he will have to sit out, but still that is generally the rule (theoretically he could give play calls, signs, whatever to the coaches to give an unfair advantage).

Not allowing him to go to Ohio would be a d!ck move in my opinion. Kill doesn't seem to be that type of coach.

Doesnt't CK have to sit out a year, thus not playing for Ohio when we face them next year?

Well played.

Join the KJ Maye bandwagon: 2015 Offensive MVP!

(Elmore defensive MVP)

Kill rarely, if ever, gives a scholarship to a walk-on that never plays. I will be an upcoming Senior.

Maybe he wasn't paying attention...that's why he's out.

Kill rarely, if ever, gives a scholarship to a walk-on that never plays. I will be an upcoming Senior.

It could well be that Perra waits one more year for the schollie, that wouldn't shock me. On the other hand it's rare that a walk-on that never plays, is listed on the depth chart at the most important position on the field.

Ndondo-Lay is a no-brainer to get a scholly. He played a lot last year,he's a senior, and we're very thin at DT.

Not allowing him to go to Ohio would be a d!ck move in my opinion. Kill doesn't seem to be that type of coach.

Well, if the reason he's transferring is to be closer to home (he's from Mentor, OH per 247), he could have transferred to:

West Virginia
Akron
Pitt
Toledo
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Kent (also on schedule)
Eastern Michigan (might be slightly longer by road?)

and been closer to home. Syracuse and Miami (OH) would be about the same, give or take.

Maybe none of them wanted him as a QB. I get it. But I've always thought that was a pretty clear deal - if you transfer to somewhere on the schedule you will not get a release.

Now that being said, if Coach Kill chose to make an exception so be it. And, there's nothing saying he got a release. All the release does is lets the coach discuss transferring with he athlete AND allows the athlete to receive a scholarship for the year they sit (assuming I understand the transfer rules correctly which I admit might be a stretch).

I'm not upset about it, just a little surprised. He may not want to punish the kid, but on the same note there are ~100 FBS schools not in our conference or on our schedule, not to mention FCS...

QB is a different position but I agree with you.

Additionally, Perra's dad is an Orthopedic Surgeon. I'm not saying that should play a role in when Perra gets a scholarship, but he might not be as desperate for the help as other kids.

Top Bottom