Available scholarships

Since this is an internet fan board and speculation is what we do....My bet is McKinzy. Burns has confirmed it's a 2014 recruit, who red shirted this year. McKinzy has been passed up on the depth chart by Perra and the staff is glowing about Perra. I can see how McKinzy would be unhappy with this development. Again, I'm just guessing here, no inside info. If it's not announced soon, look to see who doesn't make the trip to Orlando and that's the guy.

Here's the list of people it could be if you rule out Holland, Gentry and Gant as Burns did.

QB - McKinzy
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
DE - Kafo

One of these four.

Perra did not beat out McKinzy! Perra is 3rd on the depth chart because the staff is more willing to burn the redshirt on a Walkon than a scholarship QB. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Connor Rhoda is 3rd on the depth chart, not Perra. Perra has been getting rave reviews out of practice all year and a while back Burns said that Perra had separated himself from the pack over the course of the season and was the clear #3 now (ahead of Rhoda even). Rhoda got some game action this year and as I understand it, it was because they didn't want to burn Perra's red shirt. Meanwhile Kill has said McKinzy isn't close to playing yet. Like I said, it's a guess. We'll see what happens.

Holland Jr will wear #21 again next year trust me........

I'm really excited to see what Melvin can do next year. I've been critical of Leidner, but he's played injured all year & with the least experienced receiving corps in the B1G. Can't wait to see what he can do healthy, with an extra year of experience and a stable of young thoroughbreds like Melvin to throw to next year. My bet is we'll be seeing a lot more production via the air. Thanks for being part of the Gopher family!

I'm thinking its one of the guys on the roster who is on scholarship. I am now more accurate than any other guess. :rolleyes:

Connor Rhoda is 3rd on the depth chart, not Perra. Perra has been getting rave reviews out of practice all year and a while back Burns said that Perra had separated himself from the pack over the course of the season and was the clear #3 now (ahead of Rhoda even). Rhoda got some game action this year and as I understand it, it was because they didn't want to burn Perra's red shirt. Meanwhile Kill has said McKinzy isn't close to playing yet. Like I said, it's a guess. We'll see what happens.
This is the way I thought it was too and Kill has gushed about Perra a number of times when talking to Sid and Dave.

Rhoda was 3rd but had #1-2 gone down to injury for a game, I wonder if Rhoda would have started. Rhoda was a redshirt saver.

If I remember correctly, Limegrover said this in an interview as well.

McKinzy was on news highlights from this week practices taking reps. I doubt he takes reps if he's told the staff he is transferring.

Wait, when did we start being allowed to innocently speculate? I thought we were only allowed to talk about the cold hard facts. JK

DRM makes the most sense. Every indication points to Perra being higher than him on the depth chart. I hope that doesn't scare him off, the depth chart can look a lot different in a couple years. Cobb was behind a long list of RBs at one time (Gillum, Williams, Kirkwood).

Kafo doesn't make a ton of sense to me. At least, I don't think the other FR DL would have anything to do with it. Two of them will be DTs (Moore Richardson) and even Elmore or Stetler could end up at DT. Kafo is a different kind of athlete (40 lbs lighter than Elmore or Stetler). We also are pretty Sr/Jr heavy at DE. Amafuela & Perry graduate this year. Keith and Ndondo-Lay graduate next season and Ekpe will be a JR. My point is that Kafo isn't buried on the depth chart by similar players.

Zero chance Elmore ends up at DT and I hope Stelter ends up outside, too. Our light in the britches DEs have been a weakness for much too long.

Yes. I don't think I ever saw him line up outside this year and he'll only get bigger.

He played some of both, but towards the 2nd half of the season he only played DT.

Wait, when did we start being allowed to innocently speculate? I thought we were only allowed to talk about the cold hard facts. JK

DRM makes the most sense. Every indication points to Perra being higher than him on the depth chart. I hope that doesn't scare him off, the depth chart can look a lot different in a couple years. Cobb was behind a long list of RBs at one time (Gillum, Williams, Kirkwood).

Kafo doesn't make a ton of sense to me. At least, I don't think the other FR DL would have anything to do with it. Two of them will be DTs (Moore Richardson) and even Elmore or Stetler could end up at DT. Kafo is a different kind of athlete (40 lbs lighter than Elmore or Stetler). We also are pretty Sr/Jr heavy at DE. Amafuela & Perry graduate this year. Keith and Ndondo-Lay graduate next season and Ekpe will be a JR. My point is that Kafo isn't buried on the depth chart by similar players.

Pretty sure Kafo knew he'd be red-shirting. As I recall there was talk about the talent level in Canada not being quite as good as many other guys have played against and that he might need time to adjust.

Was looking at a couple tweets from Gibson and these stood out possibly referring to transferring.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Taken at face value, if anything I would think those were positive, not negative.

I could live with it being Krizancic. Big relief that it's not Holland.

You and I seem to always be polar opposites. How could you say this? He is VERY talented and was injured this year. I absolutely do not want to lose him.
As for Kinz, when Mitch is a sr., Strev will be a jr., Perra a soph,, Croft a freshman, where does that leave the Kinz man? 5th string???

You and I seem to always be polar opposites. How could you say this? He is VERY talented and was injured this year. I absolutely do not want to lose him.
As for Kinz, when Mitch is a sr., Strev will be a jr., Perra a soph,, Croft a freshman, where does that leave the Kinz man? 5th string???

Well Holland and Gentry were both top 100 receivers. Krizancic wasn't and I don't see him having All Big Ten potential like the other two. I see more of an Isaac Fruechte caliber of player.

Well Holland and Gentry were both top 100 receivers. Krizancic wasn't and I don't see him having All Big Ten potential like the other two. I see more of an Isaac Fruechte caliber of player.
Really? I see nothing.
They have not played one snap on a field for the gophers yet.

I only hope that they all are able to help us become a better team.

In their highlight videos they all seemed very athletic and competitive. But as far as how they will turn out over the next 4 years. I cannot see that.

Sent from my 78Dian 78P01 using Tapatalk

He played some of both, but towards the 2nd half of the season he only played DT.

Stelter was mostly a DE through camp but when Ekpe went down with the acl he moved inside not quite full time but close to it.

If I remember correctly, Limegrover said this in an interview as well.

Just signed up for Twitter and saw these tweets from a while back. Haven't figured out how to post the actual tweets yet, but here's the content:

- JoeChristensen ‏@JoeCStrib Sep 7

Kill confirmed that Jacques Perra is now the No. 3 QB, behind Leidner and Streveler.

- Marcus R. Fuller ‏@GophersNow Sep 11

Jerry Kill calls backup QB Chris Streveler "mentally sharp." No. 3 Jacques Perra also getting reps this wk #Gophers http://www.tout.com/m/tym515?ref=tw2ofnbh

- Tyler Mason ‏@FSNtylermason Sep 20

Mitch Leidner is in uniform pregame, but Chris Streveler took first-team reps. Freshman Jacques Perra took reps with 2nd team. #Gophers

Just signed up for Twitter and saw these tweets from a while back. Haven't figured out how to post the actual tweets yet, but here's the content:

- JoeChristensen ‏@JoeCStrib Sep 7

Kill confirmed that Jacques Perra is now the No. 3 QB, behind Leidner and Streveler.

- Marcus R. Fuller ‏@GophersNow Sep 11

Jerry Kill calls backup QB Chris Streveler "mentally sharp." No. 3 Jacques Perra also getting reps this wk #Gophers http://www.tout.com/m/tym515?ref=tw2ofnbh

- Tyler Mason ‏@FSNtylermason Sep 20

Mitch Leidner is in uniform pregame, but Chris Streveler took first-team reps. Freshman Jacques Perra took reps with 2nd team. #Gophers

Not taking a stance, but just because Perra was #3 this year does not mean he is ahead of DRM. If the staff decided to keep the RS on DRM, no matter what, and Perra's RS was viewed as "more disposable", then that would also explain all those tweets/statements.

Krizancic made it Orlando so I don't think it's him. Don't know about the other guys yet.

I could be wrong, but wasn't there at one point speculation of Luke Rasmussen transferring? Could he be the one from the 2014 class to transfer?

Not taking a stance, but just because Perra was #3 this year does not mean he is ahead of DRM. If the staff decided to keep the RS on DRM, no matter what, and Perra's RS was viewed as "more disposable", then that would also explain all those tweets/statements.

Except that's not really our staff's style. No doubt Leidner was viewed as "more disposable" than Nelson back in 2012, but that didn't stop them from playing Phil in the middle of the season.

Top Bottom