Available scholarships

hungan1

Reaction score
In yesterday's Sports Huddle, Coach Kill said he expects to sign 23-25 recruits in this recruiting cycle.

According to the Daily Gopher Scholarship Grid, there are 18 commitments with 2 scholarships remaining. That means there are probably 3 to 5 players that are either graduating early and forgoing their remaining eligibility, or are transferring out of the program.

Has anyone heard anything about who is moving on?

http://www.thedailygopher.com/pages/football-scholarship-grid

In yesterday's Sports Huddle, Coach Kill said he expects to sign 23-25 recruits in this recruiting cycle.

According to the Daily Gopher Scholarship Grid, there are 18 commitments with 2 scholarships remaining. That means there are probably 3 to 5 players that are either graduating early and forgoing their remaining eligibility, or are transferring out of the program.

Has anyone heard anything about who is moving on?

http://www.thedailygopher.com/pages/football-scholarship-grid

So apparently a transfer was confirmed from the 2014 class and Jerry Gibsons tweeted "I'm coming home" and has acted homesick on twitter for a while. There is suspicion that Donovahn Jones may transfer which would really suck and I've also heard Tibbs is rumored to as well.

So apparently a transfer was confirmed from the 2014 class and Jerry Gibsons tweeted "I'm coming home" and has acted homesick on twitter for a while. There is suspicion that Donovahn Jones may transfer which would really suck and I've also heard Tibbs is rumored to as well.

I was excited about Gibson. Sucks if true.

247 explained that players have a break between Sunday and Christmas morning before leaving for Florida. Some players decided to go home in that time frame. That said, 247 has confirmed that a member of the 2014 class has informed the staff he will be transferring. No names, but it is one of the players who redshirted this season.

247 has confirmed that a member of the 2014 class has informed the staff he will be transferring. No names, but it is one of the players who redshirted this season.

Well, this will keep me up tonight.

247 explained that players have a break between Sunday and Christmas morning before leaving for Florida. Some players decided to go home in that time frame. That said, 247 has confirmed that a member of the 2014 class has informed the staff he will be transferring. No names, but it is one of the players who redshirted this season.

Well if that tweet means nothing than thats very disappointing because I've always had a hunch about Melvin Holland possibly transferring. I hope to god it's not him. Do we know when it will become public?

Well if that tweet means nothing than thats very disappointing because I've always had a hunch about Melvin Holland possibly transferring. I hope to god it's not him. Do we know when it will become public?

Probably soon after the bowl game. I have zero knowledge of anything but I too believe it will be Melvin Holland.

Probably soon after the bowl game. I have zero knowledge of anything but I too believe it will be Melvin Holland.

Someone on here has posted a twitter exchange including Holland Sr. It sounded like he was hoping that his son would get some playing time this year, but he was clear in mentioning that they trust the coaching staff. I'd be surprised (and very sad) if Holland transferred.

Was looking at a couple tweets from Gibson and these stood out possibly referring to transferring.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A couple possible reassuring tweets from Melvin. His dad retweets a lot of gopher stuff as well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Future of the Gophers #2018 up and coming &#55357;&#56490;&#55357;&#56844;
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/2014MinnesotaGopherBanquet?src=hash">#2014MinnesotaGopherBanquet</a> @ Minneapolis City Hall <a href="http://t.co/GR9OvEknLE">http://t.co/GR9OvEknLE</a></p>— 〽️ImaShowEm〽️ (@MelloYllw21) <a href="https://twitter.com/MelloYllw21/status/539153868479660032">November 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

Was looking at a couple tweets from Gibson and these stood out possibly referring to transferring.

I wouldn't read much into these tweets. When he said he was going home he probably meant for Christmas break. Finals just got over this week. Who knows what he meant by the rest of them, could be anything. On a side note, he has a pic where it looks like he is out hunting up North. Kind of cool.

I have started and participated in some dumb threads, but the speculation here about two kids who likely will have huge playing time next year leaving the program is crazy. Scanning the poor kids Twitter accounts for clues is a bit much, too.

I have started and participated in some dumb threads, but the speculation here about two kids who likely will have huge playing time next year leaving the program is crazy. Scanning the poor kids Twitter accounts for clues is a bit much, too.

True. But the fact that a transfer has been confirmed (by 247) is legitimate conversation and will spark speculation on who it might be.

Has now been confirmed by Burns as well, though he says there could be two. Before confirming the news he said it definitely wasn't Holland or Gentry and said Krizanic was the most likely.

Has now been confirmed by Burns as well, though he says there could be two. Before confirming the news he said it definitely wasn't Holland or Gentry and said Krizanic was the most likely.

I could live with it being Krizancic. Big relief that it's not Holland.

That could be about anything. Stop obsessing over these kids twitter accounts, it's beyond creepy.

Yeah I didn't really get the Holland speculation. I'd bet at worst he is the 3rd WR next season, and wouldn't be surprised if both Gentry and Holland start.

Since this is an internet fan board and speculation is what we do....My bet is McKinzy. Burns has confirmed it's a 2014 recruit, who red shirted this year. McKinzy has been passed up on the depth chart by Perra and the staff is glowing about Perra. I can see how McKinzy would be unhappy with this development. Again, I'm just guessing here, no inside info. If it's not announced soon, look to see who doesn't make the trip to Orlando and that's the guy.

Here's the list of people it could be if you rule out Holland, Gentry and Gant as Burns did.

QB - McKinzy
RB - Smith
RB - Jones
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
OL - Weyler
OL - Rasmussen
DE - Kafo

Since this is an internet fan board and speculation is what we do....My bet is McKinzy. Burns has confirmed it's a 2014 recruit, who red shirted this year. McKinzy has been passed up on the depth chart by Perra and the staff is glowing about Perra. I can see how McKinzy would be unhappy with this development. Again, I'm just guessing here, no inside info. If it's not announced soon, look to see who doesn't make the trip to Orlando and that's the guy.

Here's the list of people it could be if you rule out Holland, Gentry and Gant as Burns did.

QB - McKinzy
RB - Smith
RB - Jones
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
OL - Weyler
OL - Rasmussen
DE - Kafo

I thought about Perra beating out DMR as well. I wonder if it could be Kafo as we burned 4 RS's in the D-line, Kafo not being one of them despite being 2-3 years older than all four of them.

QB - McKinzy
RB - Smith
RB - Jones
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
OL - Weyler
OL - Rasmussen
DE - Kafo

That's a short list. A few guys I would hate to see leave.

I thought about Perra beating out DMR as well. I wonder if it could be Kafo as we burned 4 RS's in the D-line, Kafo not being one of them despite being 2-3 years older than all four of them.

Kafo is only 1/2 year to 1 1/2 years older than the other four lineman. But I get your point.

QB - McKinzy
RB - Smith
RB - Jones
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
OL - Weyler
OL - Rasmussen
DE - Kafo

Perra did not beat out McKinzy! Perra is 3rd on the depth chart because the staff is more willing to burn the redshirt on a Walkon than a scholarship QB. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Holland Jr will wear #21 again next year trust me........

Holland Jr will wear #21 again next year trust me........

Yeah, I was just a little paranoid. Especially after Harbeson and Mcdonald, our two prized WR recruits from 2012 decided to transfer.

Perra did not beat out McKinzy! Perra is 3rd on the depth chart because the staff is more willing to burn the redshirt on a Walkon than a scholarship QB. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Thank you.

Kill stated that DRM has too much talent to burn a shirt and waste it for 1 or 2 games.

I think the staff is very excited for him.

I have no connections whatsoever, no inside information, nothing. I just did a 10 minute "investigation" of twitter accounts. CK tweeted about going home for Christmas (not going home to stay). Gibson has some odd posts, but he also still has UMN-related pictures all over his account - could be a possibility Smith and Holland, same thing.

McKinzy was a pretty regular tweeter up until late August. He hasn't posted a thing since. I also remember when Leidner got hurt, Kill was asked about McKinzy and his response was something along the lines of, "he's not close to being ready".

So, again, I know nothing, but my guess is McKinzey.

The logical guess would by McKinzy but who knows.

QB - McKinzy
RB - Smith
RB - Jones
TE/WR - Gibson
WR - Krizancic
OL - Weyler
OL - Rasmussen
DE - Kafo

I think it would be safe to say Jones can be ruled out. I would also hate to lose Smith or Krizancic as I think both will be regular contributors in the next couple years.

Top Bottom