Attendance??

GG07

Reaction score
Any idea how many were in attendance?

My swag is 3000-5000

According to more than a few articles I've read, it was around 2,500

Quite honestly, I thought there were at least 6K - and keep in mind, 6K in a stadium that seats 50K is still very bare. There were also a lot of people on the concourses, as there were games for kids, etc. I believe they said last year's turnout was between 2-3k, so you be the judge, I think there were about double the amount of fans there this year.

This was last year's:
SpringGame1.jpg

This was this year's:
Springgame20112-1.jpg

Last year's:
SpringGame3.jpg

This year's:
Springgame2011.jpg

Even the parking lots seemed much fuller, and there was a lot more foot traffic, just walking by people.

I agree with GopherLady, there were at least 5,000. Maybe 6,000. The fans, if they sat all together, could have easily filled the maroon and gold lower level seats on one side of the stadium. That is 5,000 easy. It was a decent showing.

Phil Miller in the Star Tribune today said there were 2500 people there yesterday.

I don't know if it was 5,000 or 2,500 or what, but it was a baby step in the right direction. It was a good showing, all things considered. Someone from Nebraska reading this would probably not quite agree ... but I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout.

I don't know if it was 5,000 or 2,500 or what, but it was a baby step in the right direction. It was a good showing, all things considered. Someone from Nebraska reading this would probably not quite agree ... but I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout.

Agreed. For a cold, windy, and supposed-to-be-rainy day I thought the turnout was fine.

Phil Miller doesn't know how to count.

In another thread Doogie said that two U officials told him that there were 2500 people there. They must not know how to count either.

Here is how I came about my figure. Each chairback section holds about 500 people. There are 16 chairback sections in the lower level. I would say that they were all a little under half full. So that is roughly 4000 right there. And that does not include the open end endzone which was pretty full, and all the people on the open end plaza. So my guess was between 5-6k.

In another thread Doogie said that two U officials told him that there were 2500 people there. They must not know how to count either.

They wouldn't know any better than the rest of us. There were no "tickets" per se to be able to reference - people just walked in, thus they were eye-balling it just like the rest of us. That said, my guess when we were there was 3k-3.5k, but what do I know?

I don't care if there were 10 people or 10,000, I know that my son had a great time - face painting, free mini-football, Goldy, a jumper, running on the field afterword, etc, etc. I've enjoyed these "scrimmages" a ton the last couple of years as they've incorporated more stuff to accommodate kids - it's great, and I recommend to anyone looking for a fun way to entertain your kids for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon.

Oh, and it's also nice to see college football in April.

KFAN said 6000 to 7000. Better turn out than I expected.

If last year's was 2-3K, there's no way based on pics I've seen that this year's wasn't close to 5K at least. But maybe they embellished last year's count lol

I was at both of the 2010 and 2011 Spring Games. Last year there were about 2500 and Saturday there were at least 6500 to 7000 fans at TCF. There were at least double the number of fans in the seats plus many more in the concourses during the game. An usher who has worked all the games the past 2 seasons thought there were between 6000 and 7000 also so I will take his word not the writers who have no clue...

I hear math is a major component of the Ushering program at the U.

I was at both of the 2010 and 2011 Spring Games. Last year there were about 2500 and Saturday there were at least 6500 to 7000 fans at TCF. There were at least double the number of fans in the seats plus many more in the concourses during the game. An usher who has worked all the games the past 2 seasons thought there were between 6000 and 7000 also so I will take his word not the writers who have no clue...

I was at the 2010 game and it seemed like there were 25 people, not 2500.

That said, I'll buy that there were 6K this year; I did not major in either counting or estimating.

Quite honestly, I thought there were at least 6K - and keep in mind, 6K in a stadium that seats 50K is still very bare. There were also a lot of people on the concourses, as there were games for kids, etc. I believe they said last year's turnout was between 2-3k, so you be the judge, I think there were about double the amount of fans there this year.

This was last year's:
SpringGame1.jpg

This was this year's:
Springgame20112-1.jpg

Last year's:
SpringGame3.jpg

This year's:
Springgame2011.jpg

Even the parking lots seemed much fuller, and there was a lot more foot traffic, just walking by people.

I question when you took the pictures of last years game ... if it was after halftime, I am sure the majority of fans had assumed the game was over anyways and already left to beat the traffic.

What school would under-estimate its attendance by half? Only Minnesota. I guess it goes with the current 'aw shucks, we suck' theme though.

The Answer Is....

What school would under-estimate its attendance by half? Only Minnesota. I guess it goes with the current 'aw shucks, we suck' theme though.

Wren would if it was a Brewster spring game but he would make up for it by doubling the number of completions by Weber.

Top Bottom