Assistant Coaches

Would guess Liginigston has been retained, if he's been given additional titles.

The remaining others could just mean they haven't officially been released yet, and still remain employed in those capacities.

That means Jarvis is gone, wonder if he's going to try to coach somewhere this season. Edit: He may not be gone since he is still on the coach roster, maybe Johnson adding a 3rd grad assistant?
I'm pretty sure this is Jarvis's 2nd year as grad assistant so he should be done with it after the spring semester. I doubt they have more than 2 years as a grad assistant unless they sometimes get students who are working on a Phd. but seems highly unlikely since a Phd. is an academic doctorate rather than a professional degree like an MBA.

The almost concluded NCAA tourney and the 20 some year title drought beg to differ on the BIG being the very top.
And let’s not forget, we’re talking bottom third of that not-best conference. Obviously, Coyle made the judgment Johnson was the best fit available to him under current circumstances. Nobody on this board is actually competent to second-guess that judgment (though it’s fun - for a while) and, more to the point, it doesn’t matter what we think. I for one am pleased to see Coyle make his own call (with Gabel) without getting hung up on whether other people might think Johnson was the best candidate for their schools or under their criteria. He only needs to succeed here.

I still like idea idea of adding Trent tucker as the director of player development or something like that.
Dave Thorson
Damian Johnson
Tim miles
Ed conroy...he’s done a heck of a job with Daniel and Robbins.

Miles is off the table:

Go Gophers!!

Has to be. This span of time. I suspect Nuness as Associate HC, and Conroy as the holdover, maybe Damien and Thor?
Nuness would be nice but why would he go from a talented Baylor program to starting over as asst coach at UMN? Keep dreaming.

Nuness would be nice but why would he go from a talented Baylor program to starting over as asst coach at UMN? Keep dreaming.
He has been in the same position for 7-8 years.... You could see him hug and talk to Suggs after the game. He may want a bigger piece of the action and get back closer to home and the kids he has know for ever. The excitement of building up the home state program, etc...

I am surprised by two things: 1- how long it has taken to name assistants (it seems long to me) and 2- how productive Ben has been getting guys to come here without much help.

I am assuming that Conroy has been helping with recruiting and will likely continue on here for the coming year. Just a guess but it would seem logical at this point.

I am surprised by two things: 1- how long it has taken to name assistants (it seems long to me) and 2- how productive Ben has been getting guys to come here without much help.

I am assuming that Conroy has been helping with recruiting and will likely continue on here for the coming year. Just a guess but it would seem logical at this point.
Agree on all accounts.

Conroy seems to have done a fantastic job as far as continuity goes. It may well help that Ben and Ed had worked together in the past/knew each others' work etc.

Immanent is a vague term used in ambiguous ways. Immanent could mean today, or two weeks from now. I'm not sitting on the edge of my chair thinking this will happen today.
He said this week

Just because assistants haven't been announced, doesn't mean they haven't already been hired, or have an agreement in place. I highly doubt Johnson has been working alone over the last few weeks, and I don't think Conroy would be actively recruiting kids to a school he may not be employed by later this week.

Todays news should tell ya that Conroy likely wont be back
I wonder if the NCAA has a waiver for "my uncle was assistant coach and recruited me here ... I mean, I wanted to be closer to family during covid ... and the new coached canned him, so I want outta here!" ?

Not sure if that's one of the checkboxes.

Top Bottom