Assistant Coach Changes

I don't think that's true. Can you provide a link to show that?

I know the restraining order he violated this season was issued in June 2009. That was 8 months AFTER he committed to the U.

After a quick search online you are correct it the time of the restraining order. But I would still argue that Mbakwe has had two alleged incidents with women since he committed to the U and before he played for the team. I would consider these character issues that would need to be addressed by Tubby before he played. It appears that Tubby has addressed them and the facts of the case/resolved outcome are sufficient for Tubby to believe that Mbakwe is someone he wants to coach/mentor. That is sufficient resolution of the issues for me.

Of course it's not true. The other poster is simply making stuff up to fit his / her / its agenda.

I don't feel that I have an agenda, other than challenging your agenda that Tubby is without fault.

The point of your post was that these players received good coaching from Tubby, and thus made the league.

Again, never coached by Tubby. At all.

You mean a player was better in his sophomore and junior seasons than he was in his freshman year? That almost never happens.

You mean a player was better in his senior season than he was in his freshman through junior seasons? That almost never happens.

Who knows if he would have made the league if he had never played a year under Steve Lappas?

It's likely that all of these players would have made the league regardless, so to attribute their success to the 0-2 years they played for Tubby is extremely specious at best.

FOT was fair in his posts, and he watched the team. Unless you did, how about honest responses based on facts rather than speculative sarcasm. Tubby has obviously developed players in the past. To assume any player that makes the NBA would have made it irrespective of who their coach was is ridiculous and unsupported by anything other than obvious bias from an anti-Tubby poster. You are free to post this way, and many of us will be free to regard them as rants rather than factual or logical arguments.

It is hard to argue there are no coaching issues on the staff, but to imply that Tubby's prior success was apparently all due to great recruiting absolutely makes no sense based on the recruiting process we see now.

Nobody is arguing there are no problems, but to deny Tubby's past accomplishments is silly. Further, one would have to believe he never was a good coach to accept your argument that he never developed talent and apparently his teams just won anyway. What mystical force that made him lucky for 20 years has suddenly betrayed him? Just how did his teams win? Your argument is obviously nonsense.

Top Bottom