Arkansas thoughts

that you EXPECT them to AVERAGE 10 minutes a game together, ie we game plan for it. Can you elaborate on why we would do that on a consistent basis?

Are you slow? I've elaborated on 10mpg being max. and only if it was successful and he was a good change up to the center being paired with King and Oto the majority of the time.

I didn't say it would work, I hope it could work that EE gets 30mins and Mo 20mpg by the time we get later in the season... that would require Mo to really improve his conditioning and footwork. We have not had a chance to see how well he can move when in peak shape, so maybe I am being optimistic.

Okay, I'll be watching to see how many games the two combine for over 40 mpg (since you say never) and go from there...

Apparently the sky will fall.

Notice I said "by choice." Meaning it could happen if there is an injury or foul trouble. If we play a team who has a really big pf that is killing Oto and King then it could happen, but I just can't think of any teams who do (not saying there aren't any, just can't think of any on our schedule off the top of my head). Point is, I don't see it happening unless we HAVE to do it. Doesn't make sense to do it by choice.

Are you slow? I've elaborated on 10mpg being max. and only if it was successful and he was a good change up to the center being paired with King and Oto the majority of the time.
I anticipate the two will average 45-50 minutes combined come B1G season (note overlap), I'm curious to see how that works out. Clearly most of his minutes will be as a center.

Your words and emphasis not mine.

If someone averages 5 to 10 minutes of playing time together that would mean its part of the rotation and part of the plan.

All I've asked you to do is elaborate on how you would think that could work, why would we do that? Even optimistically, how do you see Mo in this offense at the 4 being productive at all?

Please refrain from attacking and name calling, it's not very productive.

I didn't say it would work, I hope it could work that EE gets 30mins and Mo 20mpg by the time we get later in the season... that would require Mo to really improve his conditioning and footwork. We have not had a chance to see how well he can move when in peak shape, so maybe I am being optimistic.

I agree with you. At some point in time we will be forced to play the two together. We will not be able to dictate tempo 100% of the time. I forget his name, but the previous coach made EE his first recruit and Not So Huge Mo his last in the same recruiting class. Not So Huge Mo was recruited to play PF and did so for 12 games and 120 minutes his freshman year. I have no idea if it will work and right now I think his value is to provide 5 fouls, but we will see it.

I agree with you. At some point in time we will be forced to play the two together. We will not be able to dictate tempo 100% of the time. I forget his name, but the previous coach made EE his first recruit and Not So Huge Mo his last in the same recruiting class. Not So Huge Mo was recruited to play PF and did so for 12 games and 120 minutes his freshman year. I have no idea if it will work and right now I think his value is to provide 5 fouls, but we will see it.
Based on what? And even if we are forced to play slow, why would that mean Mo would play PF?

Again, can it happen? Yes?

But why would it happen in this offense, in this system?

Sure if Tubby was here, it would be a regular occurrence...

But to average 5-10 minutes a game, not a chance. Unless someone tells me why.

Well now you are changing the point... "very limited minutes of a game" and the original post of 10 minutes a game are completely different stories. Can it happen? Sure, will it happen? Possibly

My point is, and correct me if I'm wrong 19, it will never be part of a game plan, we get nothing out of having both of them on the court at the same time with this style of basketball.

Correct, I really don't see the two of them playing together. Yes it can happen for some strange reason(foul trouble) but even if it does it won't be 10 minutes a game.

how do you see Mo in this offense at the 4 being productive at all?

Rebounding. Scoring. Hand in face on D/altering shots.

Update: King and Oto have (1) combined rebounds right now, very few points and HorseSh**t D.

EE & Mo (13) rebounds.

Rebounding. Scoring. Hand in face on D/altering shots.

Update: King and Oto have (1) combined rebounds right now, very few points and HorseSh**t D.

EE & Mo (13) rebounds.

You really think Mo would be able to stick close enough to guys like Dekker, Robinson III, Dawson, and Travis when they're putting the ball on the floor from the perimeter to get a hand in their face and alter shots? You live in a dream world.

You really think Mo would be able to stick close enough to guys like Dekker, Robinson III, Dawson, and Travis when they're putting the ball on the floor from the perimeter to get a hand in their face and alter shots? You live in a dream world.

So you know how fast he will be laterally when he gets in game shape? You think they would torch him, but not King? Sorry guy, that is not that hard to believe.

And if he gets beat a couple times, there is a trade off to grab a few extra boards.

You ever heard of hand in your face after they pick up their dribble or altering their shot closer to the hoop?

So you know how fast he will be laterally when he gets in game shape? You think they would torch him, but not King? Sorry guy, that is not that hard to believe.

And if he gets beat a couple times, there is a trade off to grab a few extra boards.

You ever heard of hand in your face after they pick up their dribble or altering their shot closer to the hoop?

If Pitino decides to play Mo at PF by choice (not because of fouls or injuries) for multiple games, I will be shocked and admit I'm wrong. Don't see that happening though.

bga1
I will give you Joey King with more basketball skills than Rodney, I am not sure you could say that for EE. EE skills are rebounding and blocking shots, I'll take TM's over EE's right now.

Joey and EE have twice the basketball skills that Mbakwe and Williams but aren't in the same universe as those two athletically. Mbakwe and Williams would have been incredible in Pitino's scheme. It would have been a dunkathon.

Twice the basketball skills? Really? Do you count rebounding, defense, finishing or running the floor as basketball skills? Rodney was a stat sheet stuffer even when he wasn't scoring.

If Pitino feels he can't guard some of the teams Man to Man I think you could find Mo and EE on the floor at the same time. He didn't go to a man at all against Syracuse and Arkansas but mixed things up against Chaminade, two big men in the zone might give you a chance to cut off the backside baskets on the baseline and clear the boards a little, in a man I don't see it, the offense would have to change a bit to play two big guys.

If Pitino feels he can't guard some of the teams Man to Man I think you could find Mo and EE on the floor at the same time. He didn't go to a man at all against Syracuse and Arkansas but mixed things up against Chaminade, two big men in the zone might give you a chance to cut off the backside baskets on the baseline and clear the boards a little, in a man I don't see it, the offense would have to change a bit to play two big guys.
I would argue the exact opposite.

I only see Mo in if we play man. Neither EE or lil Mo can play the wing in a 2-3 the way Pitino wants to run the 2-3.

Top Bottom