Are we done with signings?

What do we need? Many say a 3. When actually the 3 is a position of strength this year. No one can honestly and accurately claim a weak position now.
We have a scholarship to use. Back to back last place finishes I'd think we'd want to get as much talent in as possible.

Would anyone here actually know the answer to that?
Seems to be a couple guys that are a little more dialed in.

Just seems like no news for a couple weeks and transfer numbers dwindling, I'd lean more towards us being done at this point.

We have a scholarship to use. Back to back last place finishes I'd think we'd want to get as much talent in as possible.
I guess another back up 5 could be taken for injury and foul trouble insurance. Who ever would come from the portal is coming for playing time. Where would they find that? So give it to Reader.

Last edited:

Seems to be a couple guys that are a little more dialed in.

Just seems like no news for a couple weeks and transfer numbers dwindling, I'd lean more towards us being done at this point.
Probably. Could well mean entering the season again with 10 active scholarship players if Fox can't go. Sigh.

Hello Eeyore
It's a simple fact. Ramberg/Reader are walk-ons. Neither were on track to have a scholarship next year back in February when we were "full". Fox is TBD but it's not optimistic at this time.

Last edited:

This was how Parker responded today to Tony Liebert's tweet with his stats. Obviously cryptic, but I'm guessing he wouldn't be doing that unless he wasn't confident he would be able to contribute.

Seems pretty clear to me:
Liebert is saying "Watch out, this guy was really good the last time he played"
Fox is saying "Shh, don't tell anyone." (Let them doubt me- I want to shock people)

Scary though, how little expectation there seems to be for him this year... Il looks super smooth in his workouts, hope we see something from Fox soon.

Fox is saying "Shh, don't tell anyone." (Let them doubt me- I want to shock people)

Scary though, how little expectation there seems to be for him this year... Il looks super smooth in his workouts, hope we see something from Fox soon.
Little expectation for him this year? Look at those sources then quickly disregard. They just want another bad year to fire Ben.

It's a simple fact. Ramberg/Reader are walk-ons. Neither were on track to have a scholarship next year back in February when we were "full". Fox is TBD but it's not optimistic at this time.
You do not know any of that. Just making more anti-Gopher stuff up. Get Ben!

Sure. But it is not a simple fact that we are done recruiting, as you opined....We could be done. We don't know that. The negative spin is that we are done, Ben sucks at building a roster and we will be short players again so that he can only play 7 because he just can't manage bigger numbers than that. We heard this over and over from several here.

Team strength (muscle) is so poor. (Even P Payne is not strong (yet). Poor bench, poor Home Ct advantage, poor coaching, etc. 2 severely injured players you are betting on, that honestly aren’t even that good for B10 night-after-night level. No real impact Fr. coming in…. I honestly, do not see better than B10 last place……. 2 B10 Wins….

Team strength (muscle) is so poor. (Even P Payne is not strong (yet). Poor bench, poor Home Ct advantage, poor coaching, etc. 2 severely injured players you are betting on, that honestly aren’t even that good for B10 night-after-night level. No real impact Fr. coming in…. I honestly, do not see better than B10 last place……. 2 B10 Wins….
Cynical.

Apparently we're amending our approach with "can't keep even 11 guys happy".

Go Gophers!!

And if Fox/Ihnen can't stay healthy, then we're down to 9. Wilson is a football player who doesn't deserve a scholarship, down to 8. Any additional injuries and we're down to 7, or 6, or 5. It's a good thing Carrington, Garcia, and Payne didn't have any injury issues last year.

In other words, we're right where we were the last two seasons.

And if Fox/Ihnen can't stay healthy, then we're down to 9. Wilson is a football player who doesn't deserve a scholarship, down to 8. Any additional injuries and we're down to 7, or 6, or 5. It's a good thing Carrington, Garcia, and Payne didn't have any injury issues last year.

In other words, we're right where we were the last two seasons.
We are not. You are.

Yeah, I gave up years ago tying to make sense of random twitter posts like that. Cracks me up when people play detective and try to decipher the hidden meaning when they have no clue.

And to those already lamenting lost scholarships. Ramberg and Wilson are back of the rotation, limited minute guys that are found on every roster. Those aren't wasted scholarships they are limited role players.

I'm not willing to buy the line of thinking that says Fox won't play at all this year. I honestly believe if that was the case he would just medically retire to free up the roster spot. The fact that he hasn't tells me he is going to be in the mix. Then again.....there were those emojis he posted.....so all bets are off :)
I don't think people have a problem with Ramberg or Wilson getting end of bench scholarships. (Well not Ramberg he earned it, Wilson is easily replaceable) I think people are worried they won't be end of bench guys based on the roster. It's only a "13th scholarship" if the other 12 are used on players who play. We seem to be lacking there especially if an injury happens.

You build depth before you start giving out the end of bench stuff.

What expectations can you have for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and it was D2. It wasn't like he was expected to be a stud before the injuries he was an intensity guy who was explosive. Now he is coming off 2 years of nothing and 2 surgeries. It's going to take him half a season (at least) just to get up to speed and in game shape most likely.

Hope for the best, but people around here are being way to optimistic. He is going to struggle big time when the games are important. In a perfect world he would be the end of the bench for half the year.

What expectations can you have for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and it was D2. It wasn't like he was expected to be a stud before the injuries he was an intensity guy who was explosive. Now he is coming off 2 years of nothing and 2 surgeries. It's going to take him half a season (at least) just to get up to speed and in game shape most likely.

Hope for the best, but people around here are being way to optimistic. He is going to struggle big time when the games are important. In a perfect world he would be the end of the bench for half the year.
:unsure: We must be looking at two different GH's.

Top Bottom