Anthony Brown decommits

There is a new episode out of "Gopher Gridiron Radio."

Ryan Burns just sh*ts all over Sanford. Said Sanford's approach to the passing game was like
"well, we'll try this for this week, and if it doesn't work, we'll try something different next week."

Burns also makes the point that Sanford had never worked in an RPO-style offense, so he was a bad fit from day 1.

Ryan Burns just sh*ts all over Sanford. Said Sanford's approach to the passing game was like
"well, we'll try this for this week, and if it doesn't work, we'll try something different next week."

Burns also makes the point that Sanford had never worked in an RPO-style offense, so he was a bad fit from day 1.
Bad hire.

Really incredible that PJ would even hire him. Don't understand what he was thinking at the time.

Really incredible that PJ would even hire him. Don't understand what he was thinking at the time.
There were a lot of people in here that questioned the hire when it was made. Looking more and more like those people were 100% right (I didn't have a strong opinion either way on Sanford).

Watched a spring game highlight video, one of the first clips in it was a slant pass....kind of felt a tear coming to my eye thinking back to the good old days back in 19 when the slant was a deadly part of our offense.... :)

It’s odd pj hired him. There was no surprises on his history. The data on him from the past years suck. Horrible. He’s been a failure as a coach.

He has still been hanging around out there since the decommit and hasn't committed anywhere else. Still seems like a chance he comes back into the fold at some point.
Plus KC seemed to make a point in the Spring Game of "We will have a better/more dynamic passing game than Sanford did" which hopefully Anthony Brown noticed and took note of.

Awesome to see Brown around young guys in the program! And dang, I had no idea Hoskins is so ripped! He always looked pretty slight to me on film, but that build combined with his speed is pretty exciting. Fingers crossed we've got our own Rondale Moore in the making...

Sorry for the stupid question - is that picture from inside a Gopher fieldhouse? Thinking maybe the older one? Not sure what the "B" would be for, but maybe if camp is going on and it's station B or something like that?

Or some completely other place?

Sorry for the stupid question - is that picture from inside a Gopher fieldhouse? Thinking maybe the older one? Not sure what the "B" would be for, but maybe if camp is going on and it's station B or something like that?

Or some completely other place?
Yes, that's the new fieldhouse at Athlete's Village. They have stations A, B, C, etc. around the field, likely station markings as you mentioned. I was in there Tuesday and he was hanging out with Mo and MBS.

Awesome to see Brown around young guys in the program! And dang, I had no idea Hoskins is so ripped! He always looked pretty slight to me on film, but that build combined with his speed is pretty exciting. Fingers crossed we've got our own Rondale Moore in the making...
Doesn't Hoskins have a 4.38 speed?

Yes, that's the new fieldhouse at Athlete's Village. They have stations A, B, C, etc. around the field, likely station markings as you mentioned. I was in there Tuesday and he was hanging out with Mo and MBS.
Are camps only single-day events, now? I used to recall a while ago that camps would be like a multiple-day thing where campers would sleep overnight in dorm rooms, etc.

But the webpage for the RTB football camps I found only show single-day camps.

Are camps only single-day events, now? I used to recall a while ago that camps would be like a multiple-day thing where campers would sleep overnight in dorm rooms, etc.

But the webpage for the RTB football camps I found only show single-day camps.
I don't think it was a camp, I think it was just an unofficial visit during a captain's practice. I was there for the "recruit for a day" season ticket holder event. The football team left practice as our group was sitting outside and he walked by with those two. Good to see the timing of the visit too being that he went far out of his way in the few days he has between his Kentucky and Cincy visits.

Thanks!

He's from Springfield OH, which is between Dayton and Columbus. So Lexington and Cinci are very easy drives, while Google Maps shows an 11hr drive to the Twin Cities.

It's hard to fathom what possible reason he would be all the way over in Minneapolis inbetween those visits, if it wasn't somehow tied to the June 5th Gopher camp. On his (AB's) 247 page, there is a link to a recap of that camp in his "articles" section (which I assume ostensibly are only shown there if they have to do with that recruit -- but it's a paywall article). https://247sports.com/player/anthony-brown-46085583/

I'm sure it's not too late for him to hop on the June 17th visit here. But if he was just here for the camp and a defacto unofficial, then probably no need for him to "waste" one of his officials coming here. Has quite the offer list, including OU at the end of May. But of course, with how things work these days, who knows what's "commit-able" and what's not. (I suppose if you pay for the service, you know better)

(also my curiosity in the previous post about if camps these days are now only single day events, remains, if anyone knows the answer)

He’s still holding off for tOSU 🤷🏻‍♂️ May be a signing day surprise add.

Bad hire.
Yep, bad hire.

All coaches make mistakes the good ones move on from them. I don't blame PJ for giving him a second year after the weirdness of 2020 (I think when you hire someone you have to give them a fair shake).

Top Bottom