Anthony Brown decommits

Can't hurt that Bateman will be back on campus coaching one of the spring teams at the same time that Brown is on campus for the game. Sure they will figure out a way for those two to spend some time together...

Can't hurt that Bateman will be back on campus coaching one of the spring teams at the same time that Brown is on campus for the game. Sure they will figure out a way for those two to spend some time together...
Never thought of that. Good point.

Receiver Mike Brown-Stephens said he wanted to put a show on for his younger brother, four-star recruit Anthony Brown, who de-committed from Minnesota in February but was back on campus for the spring game.

Brown said the U’s offense scheme played into his decision to back off his pledge. The return of coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca showed with more run-pass balance Saturday than ex-OC Mike Sanford Jr. had last season.

Brown-Stephens had plenty of opportunities with four receptions on 10 targers for 50 yards, four carries for 26 yards and an incomplete pass attempt. He won the game’s MVP honors, but ran into a tough crowd with his younger brother.

“He wasn’t impressed,” Brown-Stephens said with a smile. “He came over to the wide receiver hurdle after and said, ‘Can I get some pushups or something?’ ”

Receiver Mike Brown-Stephens said he wanted to put a show on for his younger brother, four-star recruit Anthony Brown, who de-committed from Minnesota in February but was back on campus for the spring game.

Brown said the U’s offense scheme played into his decision to back off his pledge. The return of coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca showed with more run-pass balance Saturday than ex-OC Mike Sanford Jr. had last season.

Brown-Stephens had plenty of opportunities with four receptions on 10 targers for 50 yards, four carries for 26 yards and an incomplete pass attempt. He won the game’s MVP honors, but ran into a tough crowd with his younger brother.

“He wasn’t impressed,” Brown-Stephens said with a smile. “He came over to the wide receiver hurdle after and said, ‘Can I get some pushups or something?’ ”

That answers our questions. It is time to move on to the next recruiting opportunities.

That answers our questions. It is time to move on to the next recruiting opportunities.
???? He was saying he wasn't impressed with his brother's performance (4 receptions out of 10 targets), not that he wasn't impressed with the scheme...

???? He was saying he wasn't impressed with his brother's performance (4 receptions out of 10 targets), not that he wasn't impressed with the scheme...

From Burns' 4/27 posting...

"Especially not exactly know what you're getting into. But wherever you feel your heart feels like it's pulling you there. I feel like you should go. So when he decommitted from here, I wasn't mad, but I wasn't super happy about it either. Because I do want to play with my little brother. And honestly I feel like there is still a chance that he will still come here. We talked a lot about what this next season is gonna look like as far as passing and how he could fit in this offense. So I plan on showcasing that for him this weekend, and maybe we can get him back on board."

Last edited:

I am reading tea leaves the old Gopher way. Always expect the worst, then you won't be disappointed.

I can see why a top receiver would decommit after lasts years passing debacle. Hopefully this year is much better.

That was before the Spring Game...

Top Bottom