Anas Osama Mahmoud Commits to Louisville

Worse storm in a few years, and coldest winter in at least 20. Hopefully, he doesn't think it's always like this. Can't blame him if he prefers a warmer climate, but Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, etc. seem to get kids to overlook colder weather.

not many of them from Egypt however...

The person that made the biggest impression was Coach Richard Pitino. Pitino was one of the first coaches to meet with Anas in Orlando in the fall and that relationship was made stronger during the official visit.

"In my opinion, when you play with a young coach who wants to write his history as you want too, it's a good thing," Anas said. "Because we have the power and the haste. And Coach Pitino has absolutely learned a lot from his father.

"I think if I'll go over there (to Minnesota), he will give me a lot of energy and opportunity. I think that's the best thing that I like about Minnesota."

Ummmm where did you get that? None if that was in the article....only one small mention of Pitino, everything else was breaking down the visits and where things stand. It's 2am and I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

This seems less likely than recruiting someone from, from...the Bahamas!* Inconceivable!

Good one.

XXL-White-Puka-Shell-Necklace-tn.jpg

Ummmm where did you get that? None if that was in the article....only one small mention of Pitino, everything else was breaking down the visits and where things stand. It's 2am and I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

You must think he was posting from a different article.

You must think he was posting from a different article.

PitinoFan asked if someone could share the subscriber article that I, Matt Gravett, wrote for 247. By responding to PitinoFan's post, Miles Tarver quoted me writing something that I didn't write and quoted Anas saying something that he didn't say, or at least say to me. That's why I was confused. Miles must have been referring to another article.

PitinoFan asked if someone could share the subscriber article that I, Matt Gravett, wrote for 247. By responding to PitinoFan's post, Miles Tarver quoted me writing something that I didn't write and quoted Anas saying something that he didn't say, or at least say to me. That's why I was confused. Miles must have been referring to another article.
Huh? He was responding to an inquiry about a GI article with a rivals link. What am I missing?

I do see the post before that was responding to your article though.

Actually, i was referring to the rivals article. Someone else asked about yours.

The response was someone asking about a Rivals article. He accurately quoted that one.

Huh? He was responding to an inquiry about a GI article with a rivals link. What am I missing?

I do see the post before that was responding to your article though.

Actually, i was referring to the rivals article. Someone else asked about yours.

The response was someone asking about a Rivals article. He accurately quoted that one.

Ohhh, got it. Sorry, I saw the 247 link and tweet and must have assumed you were talking about 247. My bad.

Is he gong to be committing sometime soon? Like in March? I don't remember when spring guys usually commit.

He said he'd decide sometime in March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I let him know about tonight's big win, just in case he missed it.

Can anyone tell me why there has been such a change on 247 with Anas going to gt now?

Can anyone tell me why there has been such a change on 247 with Anas going to gt now?

It sounds like there's a lot of speculation that he doesn't like the weather here. Hopefully, he'll watch an inspired Gopher team make a nice run for the next few weeks, and decide that he's willing to deal with a little discomfort in exchange for playing for a winner.

There was a $$ article that included an interview with Anas after his visit. No one on GH knows what it said, but apparently he tipped his hand in favor of GT. I think there was some rumblings that weather would play some role in his decision, though how much no one knows.

He responded to my comment last night. At least he's paying attention.

Did you see the big win over #18 Iowa tonight? Awesome. NCAA hope still alive! yea i saw it was great :) 17 minutes ago

Weather and it sounds like he may have been a little more impressed with GT's engineering program.

There is more to it than weather. He's more impressed with GTs engineering program and 247 has implied other reasons, but doesn't want to say what they are right now. Source must have asked them to keep it quiet.

don't worry too much about it, mostly just a gut feeling, no huge news to provide the shift and once one guy changes his prediction then there are always going to be a few that follow.

don't worry too much about it, mostly just a gut feeling, no huge news to provide the shift and once one guy changes his prediction then there are always going to be a few that follow.

I take it you don't have access to the 247 board. Your assumption isn't exactly correct.

If Anas tipped his hand, why does he continue to wait to commit?

If Anas tipped his hand, why does he continue to wait to commit?

They didn't say what the source said, so for all we know he is still unsure where he wants to go and just doesn't want to go to Minnesota. Just because we're presumably out of it doesn't mean he knows where he's going. Hopefully he got bad info though and we still have a shot.

i am aware that in the Q&A he may have possibly hinted at GT but it is still pretty much a gut feeling and no real news to explain the shift.

You're still making assumptions. I'm not talking about the article. He got a gut feeling from talking with him, but then later said he talked to a source that would make him shocked if he picks the Gophers. He didn't want to say what the info was exactly, but that certainly doesn't sound like a simple gut feeling.

Most likely doesn't matter, but it's still nice to see Georgia Tech lose to Notre Dame tonight.

Similar to Travis, I don't fault the kid if he wants to go to Georgia Tech for engineering, but he should know that the U is not chopped liver. And he should know that Minneapolis is a much nicer city. Listening, Anas?

Top Bottom