All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Yes! That was so bizarre. Didn't feel like it belonged at all. It was apparently an extra episode they had to make since Apple ordered a few extra episodes in season 2. That episode has the lowest rating by far on IMDB.
That one and the Christmas episode were the two additional episodes they had to come up with.

Not new by any means but recently rolled through Band of Brothers in two days. I’ve seen many times but it’s been probably 7-8 years since I last watched it. Still soooo good.

Not new by any means but recently rolled through Band of Brothers in two days. I’ve seen many times but it’s been probably 7-8 years since I last watched it. Still soooo good.
I've been meaning to revisit Band of Brothers, been about the that long since I have watched it. I thought The Pacific started slow but wound up being just about as good.

Just finished Reacher on Amazon. Total of 8 episodes. Thought it was ok. Maybe a 6.5
Me too!! Just finished it. I've been reading the Jack Reacher books from Lee Child for a year or two, along with a few other authors, and this book "Killing Floor" was actually one I had read.

I actually really liked it, although I'm still not 100% sold on the guy playing Reacher. Not exactly what I pictured after reading 10-12 (lost count really) Reacher books, but I guess for TV you have to have good looking people. By the end of this first series I guess he was growing on me a little bit.

Hoping they tackle a few more, and because I read his books, I'll definitely watch as many as they do. "Jack Reacher", the first Tom Cruise Reacher movie, is one of my favorites actually (well before I started reading the Lee Child books) and it wasn't until a week or so ago that I finally read that book "One Shot".

So, I started watching the "Secrets of Playboy" documentary series on A&E.

Happened on it almost by accident a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm hooked on all the salacious details.

This is a 10-part series - I think they're through part 5.

It's a lot of former Playboy Bunnies, employees and some of Hefner's ex-girlfriends basically ripping Hefner to bits.

Allegations of rampant drug use; celeb friends of Hef assaulting girls and getting away with it; orgies; and general depravity. (including a story involving Linda Lovelace and a German Shepherd......)

To be fair, some people connected to Hefner and Playboy have attacked the series as biased and one-sided.

But, they have had ex-cops on the show talking about drug investigations, etc, so there seems to be at least some substance to it.

Fargo is coming back for a 5th season. In that show, all the seasons are independent stories.

First two seasons were great.
Third season I enjoyed too, but the thing with the head bad guy boss's eating disorder took away from the show, and also never found out what happened to him (if I recall correctly).

Fourth season .... the characters were so damn annoying, I couldn't finish. No idea what happened, had to stop half way through.

Really hope they can get back to more like the first two seasons.

Fargo is coming back for a 5th season. In that show, all the seasons are independent stories.

Third season I enjoyed too, but the thing with the head bad guy boss's eating disorder took away from the show, and also never found out what happened to him (if I recall correctly).

Fourth season .... the characters were so damn annoying, I couldn't finish. No idea what happened, had to stop half way through.

True. Though to me it wasn't the characters themselves. Most characters on Fargo have been annoying. Often doing something very stupid. Usually because if they didn't the story would naturally end. Every year probably would be better if the had been 3-4 episodes long. Season 4? Seemed like they were working way too hard to make sure all 4 seasons tied together and ended wrapped in a big bow.

True. Though to me it wasn't the characters themselves. Most characters on Fargo have been annoying. Often doing something very stupid. Usually because if they didn't the story would naturally end. Every year probably would be better if the had been 3-4 episodes long. Season 4? Seemed like they were working way too hard to make sure all 4 seasons tied together and ended wrapped in a big bow.
The characters are what make Fargo for me. Even Season 4. I thought Chris Rock was great, and that nurse lady was a riot. The actual stories are pretty lame, IMO. But the characters are what sell it.

The characters are what make Fargo for me. Even Season 4. I thought Chris Rock was great, and that nurse lady was a riot. The actual stories are pretty lame, IMO. But the characters are what sell it.
Couldn't stand the nurse. Couldn't stand the stammering guy. Thought it was highly annoying to just randomly throw darts at a board and come up with "Mormon" and "eats carrots from his pocket" for the detective. And I thought Chris Rock was terribly miscast.

Some of the other character choices seemed absurdly arbitrary just for the sake of quirkiness. Like the Lesbian couple.

Really liked the Italian sons. The big one especially was a massive scene stealer. Liked the Black girl and the 2nd in command on the Black gang.

So yeah, you can see how it wasn't my favorite.

It was the worst season imo but I loved the nurse. I wish she was the main focus.

We just watched the first two episodes of Murderville. It stars Will Arnett as a murder detective. Each episode features a guest partner that isn’t given a script and has to improvise through the episode to figure out who the killer is. First two episodes were Conan O’Brien and Marshawn Lynch. It’s a fun concept.

We just watched the first two episodes of Murderville. It stars Will Arnett as a murder detective. Each episode features a guest partner that isn’t given a script and has to improvise through the episode to figure out who the killer is. First two episodes were Conan O’Brien and Marshawn Lynch. It’s a fun concept.
Also watched two episodes. Really fun.

Marshawn Lynch was amazing.

I've only watched a couple episodes of Murderville so far. It's good.....nowhere near great.

On the other hand....I am a couple of episodes into the second season of 'For All Mankind'.....and it's GREAT. Admittedly....I love sci-fi....and space themed shows in particular. The story is very good and the acting is excellent. Not to take anything away from Ted Lasso....but this is the best of Apple TV+ thus far.

Just finished Archive 81 on Netflix with one of my kids, was creepy and a bit out there but we really liked it. Also really liked Midnight Mass/Netflix. Growing up catholic, I knew the words to most parts of the mass scenes and all the songs. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Just finished Archive 81 on Netflix with one of my kids, was creepy and a bit out there but we really liked it. Also really liked Midnight Mass/Netflix. Growing up catholic, I knew the words to most parts of the mass scenes and all the songs. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Midnight Mass was fantastic.

Just finished the first season of "Absentia" on Amazon Prime, first of 3 seasons. I'm still not sure. I really did like the first season, I like the main character and a few of the others; started the first episode of the second season with the wife a day or so later and stopped, decided to try something else. Kinda dark, I was ready for a change of pace, but I think I would go back and pick up the 2nd season before too long. I've certainly seen a lot worse.

I think I give it 1.5 thumbs up out of 2 at this point.

Just finished 1883. It was well done and featured Sam Elliot, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw with a very short appearance by Tom Hanks. Story based on fiction and set the stage for Yellowstone which features the Dutton family. Lots of heartbreak and tough times as the immigrants worked their way towards their goal: Oregon. Will definitly tune into more episodes down the road.

On the History Channel, they have started a new season of "The Food That Built America."

The show covers the history of different food products and restaurant franchises.

Sunday's episode looked at the rise of Sub sandwiches in the fast-food market, profiling the people behind Subway and the Blimpie Sub franchise.

Blimpie was actually the first sub sandwich franchise to break out on a regional level, but Subway surpassed them to become the biggest on a national level.

One of the co-founders of Subway started with a $1,000 investment. When he died, he was worth over $2-Billion.

On the History Channel, they have started a new season of "The Food That Built America."

The show covers the history of different food products and restaurant franchises.

Sunday's episode looked at the rise of Sub sandwiches in the fast-food market, profiling the people behind Subway and the Blimpie Sub franchise.

Blimpie was actually the first sub sandwich franchise to break out on a regional level, but Subway surpassed them to become the biggest on a national level.

One of the co-founders of Subway started with a $1,000 investment. When he died, he was worth over $2-Billion.
I remember when The History Channel was actually worth watching. Now it's full of garbage.

A good show like "WWII In Color" that is on Netflix is what used to be on that channel.

I've only watched a couple episodes of Murderville so far. It's good.....nowhere near great.

On the other hand....I am a couple of episodes into the second season of 'For All Mankind'.....and it's GREAT. Admittedly....I love sci-fi....and space themed shows in particular. The story is very good and the acting is excellent. Not to take anything away from Ted Lasso....but this is the best of Apple TV+ thus far.

Finished the second season of 'For All Mankind'. Incredibly good. Wow.

There's not much good on network TV these days, but Abbott Elementary on ABC /Hulu is hilarious so far.

Thanks. Have enjoyed that series and just set the DVR.

Just finished 1883. It was well done and featured Sam Elliot, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw with a very short appearance by Tom Hanks. Story based on fiction and set the stage for Yellowstone which features the Dutton family. Lots of heartbreak and tough times as the immigrants worked their way towards their goal: Oregon. Will definitly tune into more episodes down the road.

I've been holding out on this only because I'm getting tired of all the add on networks you have to pay for. But I think I'll finally pull the trigger on 1883 this weekend. Looking forward to it.

There's not much good on network TV these days, but Abbott Elementary on ABC /Hulu is hilarious so far.
I can't do commercials in shows, so definitely Hulu is a lifesaver for the very little that the networks put out that is worth watching.

Top Bottom