All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
odd "local" note -

Sunday night, watching "The Food that Built America" on the History Channel.

The episode was about microwave popcorn. One of the featured products was "Pop Secret" which was sold by a division of General Mills. There was a scene showing the General Mills CEO in his office reading the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.......!

as an older fellow, I got a kick out of the episode, because it did a segment on 'Jiffy Pop." "as much fun to make as it is to eat...."

Ope3

Reaction score
Hopefully that does not happen with Barry which is coming back to HBO this Sunday for Season 3. It's been delayed due to the pandemic since 2019.

I revisited Season 1 this weekend and was reminded just how fantastic it's been so for.
So far Barry Season 3 looks like it will be able to sustain itself, the premier was fantastic and has set itself up for some great storylines.

Having said that, and knowing they are already in production on Season 4, I don't know how it can go beyond that. Sooner or later it feels like it will have exhausted any feeling of plausibility and become a parody. Until that point, I'm all in for the ride.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
The Disney+ series "Moon Knight" wrapped up this week.

this turned out to be very different than what I expected. they took more chances in how the story was presented. But, make no mistake, it was entertaining. the writers played some mind games with the characters - and by extension, the audience. they actually down-played some of the 'super-hero' aspects.

It helps to have a little background knowledge on the character, but they pretty much explained everything you needed to know to follow the story. made a few changes from the comics.

at this point, it does not appear that the show will get a second season. But Disney is using the Disney+ shows to introduce characters and concepts that will carry over into the movies, so I would be surprised if we don't see Moon Knight popping up in some future MCU projects.

On another topic, new trailer out for the upcoming "Obi-Wan Kenobi" series on Disney+. This looks like it could be a lot of fun for Star Wars fans.

ecoperson

Reaction score
The Disney+ series "Moon Knight" wrapped up this week.

this turned out to be very different than what I expected. they took more chances in how the story was presented. But, make no mistake, it was entertaining. the writers played some mind games with the characters - and by extension, the audience. they actually down-played some of the 'super-hero' aspects.

It helps to have a little background knowledge on the character, but they pretty much explained everything you needed to know to follow the story. made a few changes from the comics.

at this point, it does not appear that the show will get a second season. But Disney is using the Disney+ shows to introduce characters and concepts that will carry over into the movies, so I would be surprised if we don't see Moon Knight popping up in some future MCU projects.

On another topic, new trailer out for the upcoming "Obi-Wan Kenobi" series on Disney+. This looks like it could be a lot of fun for Star Wars fans.
VERY atypical Marvel fare. It was a very interesting story that was heavy on character development of the human and light on action of the 'super-hero' as you mentioned. Moon Knight is an awesome super hero so I hope that we see more in the future films or shows.

Oscar Isaac was fantastic in the lead role. He should certainly be up for some awards.

It is already being discussed that Moon Knight will make an appearance in the Disney+ Halloween special which may include Werewolf by Night or Midnight Sons.

Ope3

Reaction score
"Thank God we were all on that tour bus. Amen, if that Groupon wasn't about to expire, we would all be dead men." - NoHo Hank

I really like how Barry is previewing each following weeks episode. Spoilers minimized.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
"Fear the Walking Dead" is killing off characters left and right.

(SPOILER ALERT)

John Dorie Sr. bit the dust in Sunday's episode, along with Stand's flunky Howard. Charlie is dying of radiation poisoning, so she isn't long for the show.

and with this "war" coming up for control of the Tower, you can expect more characters to expire.

at this point, I'm only hanging on because I want to see how they bring Madison back. But, the way the season is going, they'll find some way to muck that up, too.

Top Bottom