All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Just completed BoJack Horseman (6 seasons). The finale was about as good as a finale could be. Such a great show overall. Top five of all-time for me.
It's one of my favorite shows of all time and I highly recommend a second watch through. There are tons of small jokes/foreshadowing/etc. that I missed on first watch. It's really fantastic.

It's one of my favorite shows of all time and I highly recommend a second watch through. There are tons of small jokes/foreshadowing/etc. that I missed on first watch. It's really fantastic.

Very true. So much subtle humor sprinkled throughout. Whip sharp writing, attractive and charming animation style, fantastic voice casting and acting. Really is a rare show that did so many things right despite having a premise that might turn people off without seeing even one episode.

Holy shit. Six Feet Under's final episode had me tearing up pretty good. The final 5-10 minute montage stands with basically any scene ever put on film....movie or television. I now know why it's commonly mentioned as one of the greatest series finales in television history. While the series may not have aged perfectly.....I am certainly glad that I invested the time to watch the entire thing. Even if just for the final payoff.

Last edited:

October/November is going to be some fantastic TV time with the new Soprano's prequel, Dexter's return. Narcos Mexico Season 3, Wonder Years reboot, etc:

Go Gophers!!

Curb Your Enthusiasm, better call Saul, and Yellowstone all coming out soon will make the winter much better.

I didn't know Curb was back this fall!! YES!! I just did a quick Google search to see what I could find:

J.B. Smoove celebrated his Creative Emmy Award win for Outstanding Actor In a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series for Mapleworth Murders by teasing what’s ahead on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm when it returns in Oct.

“What I can say is that it’s going to be another amazing season. Season 11 is something else,” Smoove, who portrays Leon Black in the hit comedy series, told Deadline at the Creative Emmy Awards on Sunday. “Where does Larry end this? I don’t know. When I first met Larry in season 6, I asked him when he was going to end this and he said he didn’t know. I do think that him taking those years off to shoot the movie and do the play, he came back with new energy. And, you know what? He’s having a ball. And as long as you’re having fun, it’s effortless. I think he’s having a blast right now. The cast is amazing. As the world keeps challenging him, he keeps making Curb as cringe-worthy as possible.”

As to whether or not the comedy series will tackle the pandemic, Smoove teased that there’s a possibility.

“I can’t tell you guys everything but what I can say is Larry is really good at attaching his humor to the world and that’s consistently what he has done since Curb has been on HBO. He’s a master at it. He has this thing he does where he attaches himself and his thoughts and his opinions to the beat of whatever is going on in the world. You gotta watch and see what Larry does. He’s a genius, he really is.”

Smoove confirmed that he has no plans to depart from the show, no matter how many seasons David chooses to write. He said matter of factly, “As long as Larry’s going, I’m going.”

Go Curb!!

I didn't know Curb was back this fall!! YES!! I just did a quick Google search to see what I could find:

J.B. Smoove celebrated his Creative Emmy Award win for Outstanding Actor In a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series for Mapleworth Murders by teasing what’s ahead on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm when it returns in Oct.

“What I can say is that it’s going to be another amazing season. Season 11 is something else,” Smoove, who portrays Leon Black in the hit comedy series, told Deadline at the Creative Emmy Awards on Sunday. “Where does Larry end this? I don’t know. When I first met Larry in season 6, I asked him when he was going to end this and he said he didn’t know. I do think that him taking those years off to shoot the movie and do the play, he came back with new energy. And, you know what? He’s having a ball. And as long as you’re having fun, it’s effortless. I think he’s having a blast right now. The cast is amazing. As the world keeps challenging him, he keeps making Curb as cringe-worthy as possible.”

As to whether or not the comedy series will tackle the pandemic, Smoove teased that there’s a possibility.

“I can’t tell you guys everything but what I can say is Larry is really good at attaching his humor to the world and that’s consistently what he has done since Curb has been on HBO. He’s a master at it. He has this thing he does where he attaches himself and his thoughts and his opinions to the beat of whatever is going on in the world. You gotta watch and see what Larry does. He’s a genius, he really is.”

Smoove confirmed that he has no plans to depart from the show, no matter how many seasons David chooses to write. He said matter of factly, “As long as Larry’s going, I’m going.”

Go Curb!!
Not sure we will se much of Richard Lewis this season because of health issues. He won’t be a regular, but will be an occasional person.
I saw on Twitter Larry David was at the men’s US open final and was covering his ears during the crowd cheering.

Just got done with the first season of See on Apple TV. It’s pretty solid if you’re into sci-fi stuff.

Have to dare anyone to watch 'Six Feet Under' and not tear up on the finale. We're going to put mascara under your eyes so we can see.

Wow I have never heard of this show. I just looked it up and it is widely critically acclaimed. Your endorsement is the cherry on the top. I will definitely add it to our queue.

Go Gophers!!

It's a great show that deserves every bit of praise that it's been given. Few shows are written as well as Bojack Horseman.

The Brooklyn 99 series finale was good last night, hit a lot of the right notes for long time fans. This series I don't ever think was "great" but was always consistently good in my opinion, I'll miss it.

Just got done with the first season of See on Apple TV. It’s pretty solid if you’re into sci-fi stuff.
Goliath on Prime was good - season 4 drops On 9/24.

Billy Bob as a ex-drunk lawyer seeking redemption by taking on various incarnations of the Evil Man - a new villain or season

The Brooklyn 99 series finale was good last night, hit a lot of the right notes for long time fans. This series I don't ever think was "great" but was always consistently good in my opinion, I'll miss it.

I liked the finale. Wasn't great.....but it was definitely good. Felt that this season was a step down from previous seasons.....but it was still one of the better sitcoms on television.

Watched the 1st episode of "Y, the last Man" on Hulu. Based on a comic-book series. Premise is that a mysterious disease suddenly kills almost all men - anyone with an "X" chromosome. Only one man has apparently survived - a would-be magician with a pet monkey. Very creepy tone, but looks interesting.

Watched the 1st episode of "Y, the last Man" on Hulu. Based on a comic-book series. Premise is that a mysterious disease suddenly kills almost all men - anyone with an "X" chromosome. Only one man has apparently survived - a would-be magician with a pet monkey. Very creepy tone, but looks interesting.

Oops - that should be a "Y" chromosome. Watched two more episodes. Liking it so far. Interesting in that the characters are not black and white - just about everyone is flawed in some way. the main character is a screw-up. also a fair amount of political intrigue.

The Expanse on Amazon Prime is pretty good for sci-fi fans.

I love Star Trek Next Generation and Voyager, I think we have watched both start to finish twice. Picard is really good to, going to have to pay for CBS when the next season comes out.

Watched it today. Great episode. Loved the series. I would rate it between good and great. I think Captain Holt is an all-time great sitcom character. Andre Braugher was perfect from day one.

Watched it today. Great episode. Loved the series. I would rate it between good and great. I think Captain Holt is an all-time great sitcom character. Andre Braugher was perfect from day one.
Totally agree on Capt Holt/Braugher, rates right up there with All-time Workplce Sitcom Bosses, like Lou Grant, Louie DePalma, Jack Donaghey, Lt-Col Blake & Col Potter in my opinion.

Loved Hacks. Great premise and acting. A comedy that’s funny by not trying to be - that’s why I despise most sitcoms on the broadcast networks.

Loved Hacks. Great premise and acting. A comedy that’s funny by not trying to be - that’s why I despise most sitcoms on the broadcast networks.

When I watched Mare of Eastown, I thought to myself just give Jean Smart an Emmy right then and there. Turns out she won an Emmy, but it was for Hacks not Mare.

Her Mare castmate Julianne Nicholson won the MiniSeries category for Best Supporting Actress. Kate Winslet also won which was a no doubter as did Evan Peters. All of them were flat out great.

When I watched Mare of Eastown, I thought to myself just give Jean Smart an Emmy right then and there. Turns out she won an Emmy, but it was for Hacks not Mare.

Her Mare castmate Julianne Nicholson won the MiniSeries category for Best Supporting Actress. Kate Winslet also won which was a no doubter as did Evan Peters. All of them were flat out great.
I devoured both of them! Season 2 of Hacks with Deborah taking her new show on the road to the comedy clubs should be great ; hope they go the Chuckle Hut in Kalamazoo

LulaRich on Amazon was good.

I like seeing MLMs getting beat up.

We’re gonna eeeat pizza from Casey. And watch the football game hut yeah!

'The Other Two' season two just wrapped up. God damn is that show great. Also....Doom Patrol season three just premiered. Both HBO Max shows.

Top Bottom