All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

As HBO Max finally came to Amazon Fire TV, I've been watching a few of the DC Universe shows.

I am enjoying Titans (I am halfway through season 2). The stories and action are very good. Another fun show is Harley Quinn, with Kaley Cuoco voicing Harley and Lake Bell as Poison Ivy. Great cartoon.

Recently finished the 6 seasons of Schitt's Creek. Outstanding. Some of the best comedy characters. Roland Schitt will be a contender for my Top 5 support actors next time I update the list, and Schitt's Creek will contend for a top 5 comedy show for me.

We also finished Queen's Gambit, another outstanding show. As I shared in a different thread. in a former life I was a nationally ranked chess player, played tournaments all of the country and I still play casually, thus the chess portion of the show was especially of interest. Regardless if one is a chess player, the show is very well done.

Go Schitt's Creek and Queen's Gambit!!

Glad you like it. I will be interested in hearing how all 4 seasons go for you.
I finished. I loved it. The characters got better and better. So glad to find this little gem. I definitely need to watch The Inbetweeners again now.

I finished. I loved it. The characters got better and better. So glad to find this little gem. I definitely need to watch The Inbetweeners again now.
Be quick on watching The Inbetweeners again-I read that it is departing Netflix sometime in December (the movie is already unavailable, at least overseas)

Recently finished the 6 seasons of Schitt's Creek. Outstanding. Some of the best comedy characters. Roland Schitt will be a contender for my Top 5 support actors next time I update the list, and Schitt's Creek will contend for a top 5 comedy show for me.

We also finished Queen's Gambit, another outstanding show. As I shared in a different thread. in a former life I was a nationally ranked chess player, played tournaments all of the country and I still play casually, thus the chess portion of the show was especially of interest. Regardless if one is a chess player, the show is very well done.

Regarding Queen's Gambit, firstly, that's pretty cool, your prior life as a nationally ranked chess player-Go Bleed! I never played the game, but The Queen's Gambit did a masterful job of being accessible for the likes of myself and as you described, interesting for the serious player. That final episode and how they drew together the supporting actors during her final match was some of the most satisfying TV I'd watched in a long, long time.

Be quick on watching The Inbetweeners again-I read that it is departing Netflix sometime in December (the movie is already unavailable, at least overseas)
It's on Prime too. At least for now.

Update: They tricked me. I guess it isn’t. The first movie is, but that’s it.

What's this; Bleed is also really good at chess? Yeah yeah, we all already think very highly of you, Bleed. No need to rub it in with the chess stuff. ;)

As HBO Max finally came to Amazon Fire TV, I've been watching a few of the DC Universe shows.

I am enjoying Titans (I am halfway through season 2). The stories and action are very good. Another fun show is Harley Quinn, with Kaley Cuoco voicing Harley and Lake Bell as Poison Ivy. Great cartoon.
Roku is the last holdout. Though supposedly a deal is near ...

Anyone who loves good TV and can''t stand commercials:

season 3 of Killing Eve was added to Hulu semi-recently. Highly recommend!

Wifey and I just finished plowing through HBO's "The Undoing", with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant; 6 episodes in 2 days. For the most part, fairly disappointing. Most reviews praised Kidman's performance, and she was pretty good admittedly, but overall it was a less than so-so show with a pretty underwhelming ending.

Not putting this one in the "Recommended" category

SC got me through the election - Eww & Ick!

We just finished the Good Place a little while ago. My hot take for television is this: Ted Danson is the greatest American Television actor ever!

Ted Danson rules. I still need to watch the Good Place. I'm sure that I'd like it. Related note.....Danson is in a new sitcom on NBC coming out soon. Looks like Bobby Moynihan is second banana which is promising. Hopefully the writing was done by someone other than who named the series though. Mr. Mayor? That screams lazy.

We just finished the Good Place a little while ago. My hot take for television is this: Ted Danson is the greatest American Television actor ever!
If Ted Danson is the greatest American Television actor ever, than Michael Schur is the greatest American Television writer ever! The Good Place, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 9-9, The Office, SNL. Throw in Arrested Development, and those are basically my top 5 favorite sitcoms.

If Ted Danson is the greatest American Television actor ever, than Michael Schur is the greatest American Television writer ever! The Good Place, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 9-9, The Office, SNL. Throw in Arrested Development, and those are basically my top 5 favorite sitcoms.

I really have to watch The Good Place. Parks and Rec, The Office and Brooklyn 9-9 are all in my top ten.

Fun fact about Schur-Regis Philbin was his father in-law (only learned this after Regis’ passing)

I really have to watch The Good Place. Parks and Rec, The Office and Brooklyn 9-9 are all in my top ten.
Yeah, I'd say The Good Place is the worst of those, but still really good. Ted Danson & Kristen Bell are as funny as you'd hope/expect and carry the show.

The casting for every season of Fargo is absolutely brilliant.

This year's seems a little off to me - the pace of it and I'm so sick of dah Minnesota Nurse - good actress, just don't like the storyline.

This year's seems a little off to me - the pace of it and I'm so sick of dah Minnesota Nurse - good actress, just don't like the storyline.
Yeah, step down from prior seasons. We have two episodes left, so we'll see how it ends. But still GREAT casting as always, especially Rock, the Italian brother, and the dad from Mary Poppins Returns.

Top Bottom