All Things Tre Holloman Recruitment Thread (Class of 2022)

They are top 5. Payne is really good and either the 2nd or 3rd. Carrington is 4th or 5th. I just don’t understand the panic yet on 2022. It’s July.
They are top 5. Payne is really good and either the 2nd or 3rd. Carrington is 4th or 5th. I just don’t understand the panic yet on 2022. It’s July.
Panic? Again, I don’t see anyone panicking. Concern with how recruiting is going? You bet.

Panic? Again, I don’t see anyone panicking. Concern with how recruiting is going? You bet.
You dont see anyone panicking? How about the people who come on here and are already telling us ben has already failed on the 2022 class? Maybe you call it concern, but when there are months left of the recruiting of the 2022 class and people have already given up I call that panic! If we dont get some of these guys from minnesota and its november then I'll start to worry although most tend to forget there are 49 other states out there too.

You dont see anyone panicking? How about the people who come on here and are already telling us ben has already failed on the 2022 class? Maybe you call it concern, but when there are months left of the recruiting of the 2022 class and people have already given up I call that panic! If we dont get some of these guys from minnesota and its november then I'll start to worry although most tend to forget there are 49 other states out there too.
No, I don’t see panic. When a coach is hired because his supposed strength is recruiting home town kids and there are none committed it is concerning. And yes, July 17 is today with a lot of time left.
The results will speak for themselves.

Ed was never a long term option to be here. He would’ve kept Liam, which wouldn’t have made or break us. Better to have Thorson long term and you were not having both.
Why not have both? I honestly don’t know why you couldn’t.

We were told he can recruit... He is missing on them all...

My god this is going to get ugly....

Ah, you’re including the 2021 transfer portal too. When you said “all” I assumed just 2022. Given that context, it’s not just hyperbole, but also plain false.

See a lot of folks saying it’s a failure. Not saying it’s going good or bad. It’s still too early to tell.

Still waiting on some positive recruiting news out of this staff. It has to happen sometime, right?
Ben has Tre out there convincing kids the MN is a good fit for….them. Not for Tre but for them.

No, I don’t see panic. When a coach is hired because his supposed strength is recruiting home town kids and there are none committed it is concerning. And yes, July 17 is today with a lot of time left.
The results will speak for themselves.
Is ben Johnson's strength recruiting minnesota kids? Who knows. Coyle is the one who said this. Maybe it doesnt happen with 2022 kids and then we strike gold in 2023 kids from minnesota. I know your not panicking, but it's also possible that we get a strong recruiting class from other states too. It's also possible he does what everyone wants and gets minnesota kids and were not very good. Love that people think minnesota kids are great, but assuming the really good ones dont come to minnesota, is minnesota really that good of a recruiting hotbed?

Is ben Johnson's strength recruiting minnesota kids? Who knows. Coyle is the one who said this. Maybe it doesnt happen with 2022 kids and then we strike gold in 2023 kids from minnesota. I know your not panicking, but it's also possible that we get a strong recruiting class from other states too. It's also possible he does what everyone wants and gets minnesota kids and were not very good. Love that people think minnesota kids are great, but assuming the really good ones dont come to minnesota, is minnesota really that good of a recruiting hotbed?
Do you believe Coyle? Yes or no.
Frankly, I would love to get the best Mn kids. If not, that’s ok. Get talent.
WIN.

See a lot of folks saying it’s a failure. Not saying it’s going good or bad. It’s still too early to tell.
It might go good- that's too early to tell. As of now, it's going badly. I think this staff can coach. I hope they get the guys they need. So far they have not been able to convince players that we had or those who we recruited. That is concerning. It can all change with an excellent 2022 class, but so far nothing there....

I cannot help but wonder about what type of players we would have brought in this summer had we gotten Musselman, or even a step down from there like Smith.

Do you believe Coyle? Yes or no.
Frankly, I would love to get the best Mn kids. If not, that’s ok. Get talent.
WIN.
I agree. I really dont care where the talent comes from. No I dont believe coyle. I can go into interview wanting a big paycheck and tell everyone I'll get the minnesota kids. Doesnt mean it will happen.

It might go good- that's too early to tell. As of now, it's going badly. I think this staff can coach. I hope they get the guys they need. So far they have not been able to convince players that we had or those who we recruited. That is concerning. It can all change with an excellent 2022 class, but so far nothing there....

I cannot help but wonder about what type of players we would have brought in this summer had we gotten Musselman, or even a step down from there like Smith.
Go look at who Smith recruited and retained at Utah to find out.

Battle, Willis, Lowe, and Fox are very good transfers imo. Stephen’s is also a nice player. So it’s not like the staff hasn’t gotten competent players, but with where the roster was, I understand seeing how it’s bleak in many peoples eyes. It also seems like they are in a good spot for plenty of 2022 recruits. I think we still have at least top 150 kids by September. We will just have to see.

I agree. I really dont care where the talent comes from.
This seems to be the universal, accepted thing among fans of the program.

They just don't care if a single player on the roster grew up in and/or went to high school in Minnesota. Or the coaches.

Win the games that we should win, be at least competitive in all other games, land some nice prospects, coach them well, play good, fundamentally solid basketball. That's what the fans want, and will pay for.

So then why was it billed as such a big deal that Ben was going to recruit Minn kids hard and that was one of the reasons he got the job?

??????!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IE:
- is Coyle a tone-deaf moron?
- is Coyle a liar?
- was there something else at play, that they wanted to keep secret from the fans/public?

I don't call it panic. People are simply stating either we think a player is going to another school or asking when someone will commit.

Also, do we have any predictions yet for any recruits for 22 who would be a MN lean?

Top Bottom