All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

I'd be stunned if he even glanced USC's way. That's a crap job right now. Hasn't been any success since Carrol left and we know he had some because he was cheating. I don't smell any smoke here. It will be interesting to see how long USC waits to interview coaches. I assume they'd prefer to do it in the off season, which does pretty much hose an entire year of recruiting.
USC has been ranked in 6 of the last 10 seasons. Seven of those seasons had 8 or more wins. Four of those seasons had 10 or more wins. USC was 5-0 in the regular season last year. Lost the Pac 12 championship game.

USC has been ranked in 6 of the last 10 seasons. Seven of those seasons had 8 or more wins. Four of those seasons had 10 or more wins. USC was 5-0 in the regular season last year. Lost the Pac 12 championship game.
And they’ve fired multiple coaches for that success.
It is literally why it’s a bad job.

USC NEEDS A FOOTBALL COACH WHO IS BOTH HOLLYWOOD AND HARD-WORKING​

Among head coaches, both in the NFL and college, I believe there are five people Bohn has to call: Oregon coach Mario Cristobal, Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell, Penn State coach James Franklin and Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer.

Go Gophers!!

SCOOPS: Could USC land P.J. Fleck as their next head coach

Could USC pry away Gopher football coach PJ Fleck and possibly athletic director Mark Coyle?; (14:00) Minnesota Vikings scoops on Cam Dantzler trade rumors; (17:00) Ben Simmons rumors from Doogie’s conversation with ESPN Insider Brian Windhorst

Go Gophers!!

I can't decide if Fleck would be a terrible fit or a perfect fit at USC. I actually think he'd be a poor fit. I think he is a fantastic coach, but I think his style is probably best where he can exist in more of a vacuum and kind of play the underdogs.

He'd certainly be an interesting hire there.

This shit is more annoying every year.
Get used to it, that's the price of having a talented young coach. ISU and Cincinnati fans probably feel the same way, but it's never going to stop unless he does take one of these jobs, which is entirely possible.

I think it is a bad sign for a school when their head coaching “opportunity” presents itself multiple times to mostly the same list of candidates.

A lot of those coaches being mentioned are probably thinking to themselves that they are quite thankful they dodged the bullet that Helton, Taggart and Herman took. Why volunteer to take the next one?

USC is underperforming. But there are reasons it is happening that have almost nothing to do with the HC.

Get used to it, that's the price of having a talented young coach. ISU and Cincinnati fans probably feel the same way, but it's never going to stop unless he does take one of these jobs, which is entirely possible.
From what I've seen in various places, both ISU and Cincy fans are most worried about U$C hiring Franklin, because they both think their coaches would leave for Pedo State.

From what I've seen in various places, both ISU and Cincy fans are most worried about U$C hiring Franklin, because they both think their coaches would leave for Pedo State.
That is true as well. Presumably PSU could give PJ a call in that scenario as well.

I guess better this way that P.J. is attracting interest than having no one interested. It means that he has something to offer to that program.

Saw a tweet today claiming that James Franklin and USC have expressed "mutual interest" in each other.

I thought Mutual Interest was an insurance company..........which reminds me of an Ole and Lena Joke.....

I think we have to be realistic and say he really has only one season and a couple of other wins to hang his hat on. Don't get me wrong, I think PJ will eventually bring success to the program, but I think USC would be sticking their necks out if they made this hire.

Is there any credible steam that USC has any interest in PJ? I know his name comes up by default in every search, but I'd be a little surprised if he's real high on their list, even though I think he could do great things there.

Is USC looking to make a hire before the end of this season? I can’t imagine they’d hire Fleck unless we have a 2019-esque season this year. If we don’t, then I think Fleck’s stock will drop considerably because we almost certainly will be worse next year. Crucial year for the program in a lot of ways.

Is USC looking to make a hire before the end of this season? I can’t imagine they’d hire Fleck unless we have a 2019-esque season this year. If we don’t, then I think Fleck’s stock will drop considerably because we almost certainly will be worse next year. Crucial year for the program in a lot of ways.
I think USC and other programs are smart enough to know that a guy like PJ is a damn good coach whether we win 10 games this year or not. It's fans and media who make such up and down valuations of coaches year-to-year.

Top Bottom