All Things Nolan Winter Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Offered, Son of Trevor)

Watching Winter excel for Wisconsin, as a frosh, hurts. Hurts bad.

Big miss from Johnson.

Him and Crowl on the floor together next year could be hard to handle.

A double legacy kid from the metro...should have been easy. How TF did CBJ mess this layup up?

Oh yeah....I forgot that kids do exactly what their parents do.
If you were an affluent, white teenager.... would you go to the school in the fun college town, where all your friends go, that has a history of developing players just like you? Or to a shithole city and university that cares more about diversity than winning games?

If you were an affluent, white teenager.... would you go to the school in the fun college town, where all your friends go, that has a history of developing players just like you? Or to a shithole city and university that cares more about diversity than winning games?
That's it...let the racism flow

I agree with you that it's absurd to expect a kid to choose a school because their parents did, or to think that Johnson should get every single Minnesota kid to commit. I also agree that Madison is a great college town and has an excellent program. But a "shithole city and university that cares more about diversity than winning games? Wow, that's quite a take. Why are you staying on a Gopher message board for a "shithole" university team?

What went wrong then?

It was 100% Nolan’s decision, both parents wanted him at MN but they truly let the kid pick which is admirable from a parenting standpoint but frustrating from a Gopher standpoint. Coming off two horrendous seasons didn’t help and apparently wisconsin’s collective saw it as an opportunity to twist the knife a bit and offered more NIL money than a kid at Winter’s level usually gets, but biggest factor was how he connected with team, the guys he’s familiar with, the recruitment of his HS teammate who’s coming next year, etc.

Go Gophers!!

It was 100% Nolan’s decision, both parents wanted him at MN but they truly let the kid pick which is admirable from a parenting standpoint but frustrating from a Gopher standpoint. Coming off two horrendous seasons didn’t help and apparently wisconsin’s collective saw it as an opportunity to twist the knife a bit and offered more NIL money than a kid at Winter’s level usually gets, but biggest factor was how he connected with team, the guys he’s familiar with, the recruitment of his HS teammate who’s coming next year, etc.

Go Gophers!!
How much NIL? You can believe what you want, but I think he was just doing it to appease his parents.

How much NIL? You can believe what you want, but I think he was just doing it to appease his parents.

Not crazy NIL money but more than most his level get.

You can believe whatever you want, but if you believe what you’ve written in this thread you’ll be wrong.

Go Gophers!!

I agree with you that it's absurd to expect a kid to choose a school because their parents did, or to think that Johnson should get every single Minnesota kid to commit. I also agree that Madison is a great college town and has an excellent program. But a "shithole city and university that cares more about diversity than winning games? Wow, that's quite a take. Why are you staying on a Gopher message board for a "shithole" university team?
Was referring to Minneapolis as the shithole. The university has always represented the state to me. A state I've had great pride in up until a few years ago... it gets harder and harder as the years go on. Not trying to get anymore off topic though.

Top Bottom