All Things Nolan Winter Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Offered, Son of Trevor)

We seem to do better with outstate kids. I realize he's Trevor Winter's son, but he likely has had a much different life from his dad.

Going to Minneapolis was probably exciting for his dad, it's kind of nothing to a person from the cities. I love the U but going to school within 15 minutes of my parents was a strike AGAINST going to the U for me.
I'd have loved to have a short drive for my parents and friends to see me play.

I seriously don't get that one.

Some guy on another site is saying the gophers gave NW a date to shit or get off the pot....and that didn't go over so well with the family.

If true, I'm fine with this.

Some guy on another site is saying the gophers gave NW a date to shit or get off the pot....and that didn't go over so well with the family.

If true, I'm fine with this.
I don't blame Nolan. Can you imagine the pressure building up at Minnesota if he played as bad as his dad did? Every time he fumbled the ball or missed a shot...it would be like "here we go again...".

In the real world...like if my sports-fan friends hear the name Trevor Winter...and if they hear about his 7-foot perimeter-player-type son going to Wisconsin...the reaction is laughter.

This is no loss.

Yet you cant shut up about it. Weird since it's no loss.

So maybe we can just stop recruiting Lakeville north at this point? Seems like a waste of time regardless of who the coach is. Becky owns that school. The only question left is when they will be dedicating their gym to Greg Gard.
The curse of JP Macura… the North kid we could have got but didn’t recruit.

Never heard of the kid, or his parents...

Time to close this thread and give him the attention he desires, NOTHING.

Okay, so I decided I'd see what we missed:
Video 1 - Nolan Winter
And what we got:
Cameron Christie
Watch these two videos and I think you'll feel better. Winter will play nice at Wisconsin but Christie can be a big time Big Ten Gopher! Very fun player
If we get Evans that'd be a very good summer for Ben! We can find a Winter replacement and hopefully do better!

Okay, so I decided I'd see what we missed:
Video 1 - Nolan Winter
And what we got:
Cameron Christie
Watch these two videos and I think you'll feel better. Winter will play nice at Wisconsin but Christie can be a big time Big Ten Gopher! Very fun player
If we get Evans that'd be a very good summer for Ben! We can find a Winter replacement and hopefully do better!
He got the replacement with Betts this summer who I’ve heard from plenty of people who’ve seen him play is better

Yet you cant shut up about it. Weird since it's no loss.
Well this is a Gopher board. Not a Badger board.

My mentioning the truth about how Trevor Winter played a few times is nothing compared to all the comments about how hurtful of a loss this 'legacy' recruit is.

Well this is a Gopher board. Not a Badger board.

My mentioning the truth about how Trevor Winter played a few times is nothing compared to all the comments about how hurtful of a loss this 'legacy' recruit is.
Why do you keep putting legacy in quotes?

In the real world...like if my sports-fan friends hear the name Trevor Winter...and if they hear about his 7-foot perimeter-player-type son going to Wisconsin...the reaction is laughter.

This is no loss.
According to your logic we should have recruited Melvin Newburns son because his dad was a great player even though his son wasn’t a Division one recruit. How good or bad Trevor was as a Gophers doesn’t have a dam thing to do with his son Just as being a tall white kid doesn’t make him a good or bad recruit.

According to your logic we should have recruited Melvin Newburns son because his dad was a great player even though his son wasn’t a Division one recruit. How good or bad Trevor was as a Gophers doesn’t have a dam thing to do with his son Just as being a tall white kid doesn’t make him a good or bad recruit.
Listen, at a program like the U, you can't just have played in a Final Four and then the NBA to be considered a worthy alumni. We have so many guys who have accomplished so much more than him, that it's like "who is Trevor Winter?"

Another lost In-State recruit, but more importantly a lost legacy recruit. We have yet to move forward in improving recruiting.

As an alumni, who would pay money to go to games and support the athletic department, I find your statement myopic and disrespectful.
If we get Evan’s we got two top 100 kids. We got 3 MN kids last year. Recruiting is improving and we will be a better team this year. What do you want?

If we get Evan’s we got two top 100 kids. We got 3 MN kids last year. Recruiting is improving and we will be a better team this year. What do you want?
The 1997 Final Four team reinstated and more Final Four appearances. I also want Little Ricky to be acknowledged as the Cheryl Littlejohn of the Men's program.

Last edited:

All you people here need to soak your heads.

A 3-star MN player is not better than a similiar 3-star or better player from another state.

The players brought in so far, including Betts, are good. If Evans comes here, then it's the best class we've had in a very long time.

Put the pitchforks and hyperbole away until the class is complete and judge the final results.

Phucking dummies.

Last edited:

All you people here need to soak your heads.

A 3-star MN player is not equal or better than a similiar 3-star or better player from another state.

The players brought in so far, including Betts, are good. If Evans comes here, then it's the best class we've had in a very long time.

Put the pitchforks and hyperbole away until the class is complete and judge the final results.

Phucking dummies.
I would say they are equal. Recruiting has been pretty good so far under Johnson. Losing a decent in state recruit who we have had time to build a relationship with does hurt , especially to Wisconsin . Betts or Winter at this point we have no idea who will be better. So while it hurts it’s not the end of the world or defines this class.

Top Bottom