All Things Nolan Winter Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Offered, Son of Trevor)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Top-150 forward Nolan Winter flying under the radar in 2023, previews Oregon State visit​

Growing up in a family of athletes, Winter has been around the game of basketball for as long as he can remember. His mother is a former Division 1 volleyball player, while his father, Trevor, was a standout athlete himself, playing college basketball at the University of Minnesota before a brief stint in the NBA.

Nearly 28 years after his father began his college career at Minnesota, Winter received a call from Gophers’ head coach Ben Johnson on June 12, extending him his first Division 1 offer.

“He just said they love the way I play, think I would fit in well there and wanted to offer me,” Winter said. “My heart just dropped as soon as he said that. I really did not expect that and I started breaking down. It was a really cool moment for me. I was really excited and just kept thanking him. I thanked the entire coaching staff. It was a really cool moment for me and my family.”

Yet, despite the family ties, Winter says his recruitment is far from a done deal.

“It’s definitely a great option for me, but I’m 100 percent open to any school out there,” he said. “I’m just looking forward to grinding on my game, keep evolving and hopefully more schools show interest and I can be successful.”

And when it comes to that decision, Winter is factoring in a number of important criteria.

“I want to go to a school that’s competitive and a school with a great culture and great people around me, so I can have my best chance to succeed on the court and off,” he said.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom