All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

First, go to https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/default.asp. Click the "My Account" link at the top of the page to get logged in. Once logged in, click the same "My Account" link again to be taken to your My Account Settings page. Screenshot attached showing which link I'm talking about.

screenshot 1.jpg

Once you are on the My Account Settings page (first screenshot) you won't see anything related to the contest. You need to scroll to the bottom of the page. At the end of all the settings is the field you're looking for. It says "Register to Win: Enter for you chance to attend the Gopher Football Uniform Unveiling. Below that is a drop down box where you can choose yes or no. See the 2nd screenshot for an example.

screenshot 2.jpg

screenshot 3.jpg

I'm a rube. I just signed up for my "chance to win". I've got kids so that can be my excuse to go if I win. I will drag one of them along. In terms of signing up, you need to go into the area where you normally manage the settings for your account on Gopher sports website. Login and then select the "my account" tab (farthest to the right). It appears on the bottom under "additional information". I agree, it isn't easy to find.

Ha ha...I'm also a rube. Whatcha gonna do?

Some good reaction from a player...

LucasTrickleGI Lucas Trickle
@
#Gopher commit Damarius Travis confirms the new football uniforms are awesome and he's got a first hand look. "@_AyoTravieee Heck Yeah !"

Once you are on the My Account Settings page (first screenshot) you won't see anything related to the contest. You need to scroll to the bottom of the page. At the end of all the settings is the field you're looking for. It says "Register to Win: Enter for you chance to attend the Gopher Football Uniform Unveiling. Below that is a drop down box where you can choose yes or no. See the 2nd screenshot for an example.

View attachment 1378

View attachment 1379

MANY THANKS for taking the time to do that! I found it in two seconds using your directions. Makes one wonder why the website folks wouldn't take an extra 10 seconds to describe in detail where one might locate the entry box...it's really not all that obvious. Anyway, thanks again!

MANY THANKS for taking the time to do that! I found it in two seconds using your directions. Makes one wonder why the website folks wouldn't take an extra 10 seconds to describe in detail where one might locate the entry box...it's really not all that obvious. Anyway, thanks again!
No prob. I had to bumble around for a minute or two last night before I spotted it. Not the first time contest related stuff and the website hasn't been clear. :)

Looks like their doing a little rebranding as well. From GGF Facebook page:
374357_312846248759482_185828591461249_960647_2104592525_n.jpg

Looks like they need to brush up on their kerning skills.

Nice!! Hopefully more of you guys will be attending then! If so, there should be a GH meet 'n greet.

That said, I knew about the time/date for about a week now.. And ever since I found out, time has been DRAGGING! I can't wait!

Same situation here, Formo. Did you know of the players showing or the fact it was in the LARGEST FOOTBALL LOCKER ROOM IN AMERICA?! Lol. Had no idea of any of that. Haven't gotten much detail other than date/time.

Hoping for more (Don't even know how to dress, etc.), but I know they're busy. I'm hoping they hit us with something more before the event at least.

Same situation here, Formo. Did you know of the players showing or the fact it was in the LARGEST FOOTBALL LOCKER ROOM IN AMERICA?! Lol. Had no idea of any of that. Haven't gotten much detail other than date/time.

Hoping for more (Don't even know how to dress, etc.), but I know they're busy. I'm hoping they hit us with something more before the event at least.

Yeah, I knew about the lockerroom being the biggest.. but didn't know the event was going to be there. So that's cool.

This looks like the same font found on the "Ski-U-Mah" located on the back of the new helmets.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this thread is now within 10 posts of the 'wrong forum' thread.

This looks like the same font found on the "Ski-U-Mah" located on the back of the new helmets.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this thread is now within 10 posts of the 'wrong forum' thread.

9 now. And good to hear a positive reaction from a recruit. I'm guessing though, if the new unis excite players and recuits, then a lot of fans are gonna be neutral to disappointed haha. Personally, whatever gets the players hyped, works for me. If there's black all over the place and that gets them pumped, more power to them.

one leg at a time...

I know Phillip Nelson thought they were cool.

Remember brew did this with the last change to the uniforms with his first class? Top 25! but that didn't turn into anything at all..

Has any player or recruit in history gotten a glimpse of his team's new uniform design and released a statement that they suck? At this point, they could still be pink with a frilly tutu.

Has any player or recruit in history gotten a glimpse of his team's new uniform design and released a statement that they suck? At this point, they could still be pink with a frilly tutu.

Silence would probably be the reaction. They wouldn't obviously go out there and post that they suck.

I like the lettering a lot. Hopefully the uniform will go off as well as the helmet release has. Can't wait for the squad to hit the field for spring practice already!

I have found that for some reason I have always been more interested in uniforms than the average fan. Any time I see a clip or photo of a player or team, I can tell instantly if they are at home, on the road, and what era the media is from. I'm probably not as concerned as the dude that came up with "uni-watch" but certainly more interested than most. There have only been a couple Gopher uniforms I have flat out not liked so I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with this time. I think incorporating black is a good thing and it has improved the helmets already. I have a small bit of concern it could be over-done on the uniforms but I think it will be a good thing if it is kept to trim.

Is the new wordmark still up on the gopher football facebook page? Or did somebody make a mistake posting it there early

I didn't get an invite. :-(

Watching the NFL games this weekend, it was a reminder that the college game suddenly has jumped beyond the pros in terms of uniform-tech. The paint job on the NY helmets are about as fancy as it gets compared to all the pro combat and under armor one-up-man-ship with glitter, low gloss, chrome, etc.

I think everyone will be pleased with what they see on Friday.
Nope! If they aren't leather helmets and maroon sweaters with gold letters I will not be happy! (that's what they looked like back when we were a powerhouse, right? I've never seen one not in a black and white picture)
I hope everyone gets what I'm saying here...

Top Bottom