All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

At this point I have given up on tradition. So I am about to say "screw it" and advocate that we just turn into the Oregon or Oklahoma State of the Big 10. Lets just go wild and have a ton of different uni combos. Maroon Helmets, Gold Helmets, White Helmets, Carbon Helmets. What the heck, why not? What does Minnesota have to lose? It is one way to draw attention to the program. Did not work so well at Maryland, but that is because they hired Randy Edsall! Might as well be the first in the Big 10 to go uni crazy! Who is with me?

I'm with you, but let's not get crazy. I like what USF has. They are under armour, but I like their uniforms. They have Three main colors and have each as an alternative in helmet, jersey, and pant.

You need to go back to science class. The only colors humans see are what is reflected. Black reflects no color and white reflects all color. That is why anything that is black will be warmer to the touch than anything that is white. The black is absorbing all of the color wavelengths and reflecting nothing resulting in no color. Opposite is true for anything white. The helmet looks great though and I am sure I will like the rest of the uniform.

No, that's exactly what I said. We see black because it absorbs all colors and reflects none (white is the opposite). To produce something that's black, you mix all colors (or pigments, whatever). You don't get white by mixing colors together. Remember art class? Anyway, it was a joke, so it doesn't really matter.

i'm sorry but its ludicrous that i have to wade through 30 pages of stuff to read about the new gopher helmets.

almost as ludicrous as wading through a ten pager if i want to find out how rhys lloyd is doing with the giants. smh.

Way too much whining in this thread...
You know who you are.

Whining.jpg

4c0a90b2b000c4976fabf32643ce4541_MJZ1261.gif

i'm sorry but its ludicrous that i have to wade through 30 pages of stuff to read about the new gopher helmets.

almost as ludicrous as wading through a ten pager if i want to find out how rhys lloyd is doing with the giants. smh.

Or you could just click on the last page of the thread?

Or you could just skip Gopherhole all together and go to the actual gopher sites/media sites?

Twitter? Facebook? Blogs?

Or you could simply google the topic you want to find info on?

I am pretty sure Luda would not be happy with you referencing his name to complain about having to click the mouse a few extra times and then on top of that having to read/glance over posts on a thread on a website that is, correct me if I am wrong, dedicated to fans discussing all things gophers.

Hopefully you can survive through your trying times of having to wade through threads on GH, I wish you nothing but the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yKeWWZpGzQ

At the top of the thread int he gold bar there is a "Search thread" pulldown. I like longer threads, cleans up the board and you can go back a few pages to see the new stuff you may have missed.

I have no doubt this thread will surpass the "wrong forum" thread. If so, will it be the all-time largest Gopher Hole thread ever? Bitching will outrun humor every time, when it comes to message boards. Plenty to bitch about with uniforms because there is no perfect solution when it comes to a matter of taste. Plus, when in doubt one can always bitch about the length of the thread.

Is this guy serious? He ignores the story on the front page of GopherHole with pictures and video, ignores the stories on Star Tribune, GopherSports and many other places only to then bitch that too many Gopher fans are too excited about said helmets. Dude, did you expect Gray to show up at your front door with the helmet on for a personal fashion show?

station19 said:
From Charley Walters Column:

"The only differences on the Gophers football team's new Nike-brand helmets for next season is that the facemask is black rather than maroon, and Minnesota's slogan "Ski-U-Mah" is on the back."

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_19593177

From Charley's perspective I guess that would be true.

The only difference between the Gopher uniforms and Oregon's is the Gophers have maroon and gold, while Oregon has green and gold.

The only difference between the Gopher uniforms and Oregon's is the Gophers have maroon and gold, while Oregon has green and gold.
So you're the one who's been ghostwriting for Charlie!

From Charley Walters Column:

"The only differences on the Gophers football team's new Nike-brand helmets for next season is that the facemask is black rather than maroon, and Minnesota's slogan "Ski-U-Mah" is on the back."

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_19593177

I wonder is Walters even bothered to look at the helmet first. While it is not a massive departure from last year the key difference is the finish style going to a matte look. That makes for a fairly major difference in appearance if you put the two side by side.

If our new uni's are close to what Purdue wore yesterday, I would be happy. I think our color scheme in a fairly simple uniform would look very good.

After seeing Purdue's and Oregons new uniforms today, I think we can see what direction the Gophers uni's will go. My prediction for the home jersey: maroon with gold flywire collar, gold numbers with the same block font as the helmet numbers and a simulated brick pattern on the shoulders like the duck wings on oregon.

http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/08/04/purdue-football-uniforms/

http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/12/27/first-look-oregon-ducks-rose-bowl-uniforms/

Exactly. I bet you are right on with this prediction.

Yo homes, those purdue uniforms were new last year. They wore them against the gophers, and they are ugly as sin

After seeing Purdue's and Oregons new uniforms today, I think we can see what direction the Gophers uni's will go. My prediction for the home jersey: maroon with gold flywire collar, gold numbers with the same block font as the helmet numbers and a simulated brick pattern on the shoulders like the duck wings on oregon.
I could also see the brick pattern end up as a light background in the numbers. Similar to how the did the houndstooth print background on Bama's 2010 Pro Combats or the rose petal print Wisky is breaking out for this year's Rose Bowl.

Top Bottom