All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

Hypothetically you mean? Thus far there are no Pro Combats announced.

Yeah, I meant hypothetically, if they looked something like that, I think it would work. I believe we are for sure getting them, just a matter of what they look like.

How do you figure?

(jersey/pants)

gold/gold
gold/maroon
gold/white
maroon/gold
maroon/maroon
maroon/white
white/gold
white/maroon
white/white

There are 9 options available to us currently, none of which involves your all-encompassing fear of anything black.

Exactly... The number of uniform combinations is pretty basic. I don't know why someone wouldn't like the option of having 6 different combinations for a home game.

I'd prefer to narrow the options to one consistent home look and one consistent away look, but standing pat wouldn't be so bad.

I will beware the creeping blackness until unveiling day. First, they come for your facemasks...

I'd prefer to narrow the options to one consistent home look and one consistent away look, but standing pat wouldn't be so bad.

I will beware the creeping blackness until unveiling day. First, they come for your facemasks...

They are called "options" because you have the potential to exercise them. They exist as a possibility. It doesn't mean you have to exercise them.

For example, I have the option to jab a fork in my eye every time 13 Lined Ground Squirrel starts bitching about uniforms in the uniform thread (an option I have pondered many times), but I have chosen not to exercise that option.

They are called "options" because you have the potential to exercise them. They exist as a possibility. It doesn't mean you have to exercise them.

For example, I have the option to jab a fork in my eye every time 13 Lined Ground Squirrel starts bitching about uniforms in the uniform thread (an option I have pondered many times), but I have chosen not to exercise that option.

Since not sticking a fork in your eye has done nothing to stop me from discussing uniforms in the uniform thread, it's only reasonable that you should stick a fork in your eye after reading this post in hope of a different outcome. Anything else would be insanity.

Since not sticking a fork in your eye has done nothing to stop me from discussing uniforms in the uniform thread, it's only reasonable that you should stick a fork in your eye after reading this post in hope of a different outcome. Anything else would be insanity.

:clap:

Chances are 75/25 I won't like them.

Anyone surprised?:)

Now that some/all of the players have seen the new uni's it should only be a matter of seconds before they're tweeted about.

They did say 8 possible combos in the video. So I'm guessing

maroon/white
maroon/yellow
maroon/maroon
maroon/black

white/white
white/yellow
white/maroon
white/black

maroon/white
maroon/yellow
maroon/maroon
maroon/black

white/white
white/yellow
white/maroon
white/black

So we're not only adding black as a color but changing gold to yellow? What are we hawkeyes now?

maroon/white
maroon/yellow
maroon/maroon
maroon/black

white/white
white/yellow
white/maroon
white/black
I sincerely doubt we have a black jersey. Nothing to back that other than my humble opinion. :)

i'm saying it's probably black pants to go along with maroon, gold/yellow, and white pants....with only maroon jerseys at home and white on the road. Just a guess b/c it's works best if there's 8 combos.

maroon/white
maroon/yellow
maroon/maroon
maroon/black

white/white
white/yellow
white/maroon
white/black

As I've already stated, there are 9 possible color combinations with just maroon, gold, and white. Adding black would make it 16. Even though that is what is said in the video, there is no way that there are only 8 possible combinations, because no amount of colors would mathematically allow them to arrive at such a number.

Also, yellow is not of our school colors, so I'm fairly sure your list is almost entirely inaccurate.

Gold/yellow is also not one of our school colors.

no, you are incorrect. If there are only maroon jerseys and white jerseys, and 4 pants colors (white, maroon, black, and a goldish-yellowish color) 4x2=8.

No black jerseys, just black pants. Just my guess though, don't know for sure.

Somebody should post the video that you guys are talking about.

no, you are incorrect.

No, I am not incorrect. There are 9 possible color combinations with 3 different options for pants and jerseys, and 16 possible color combinations with 4 different options for pants and jerseys. If they only choose to have a portion of those options produced, that's all that would be available to them, but it still doesn't change the fact that other options would indeed exist if they chose to exercise them.

"because no amount of colors would mathematically allow them to arrive at such a number"

yes it would. And that's what they said on the video so that's what I'm going with as my guess.

So, how long will this pissing match last? All the way until the uniforms are revealed?

FWIW, I assume the 8 uniform combinations are because there were 8 players in the room, so each player got 1 combo to wear. I would assume for pictures that will be released with the new uniforms. So I don't think you can get anything more than at least 8 from that line, which of course would fit with the 9 possible taking into account maroon/gold/white.

If there are only 8, that would mean there would need to be 4 colors for jerseys and two pants (aka: something other than maroon, gold, and white [aka: Black])

No, I am not incorrect. There are 9 possible color combinations with 3 different options for pants and jerseys, and 16 possible color combinations with 4 different options for pants and jerseys. If they only choose to have a portion of those options produced, that's all that would be available to them, but it still doesn't change the fact that other options would indeed exist if they chose to exercise them.

Not if they simply only produce two options on the jersey (maroon or white, no gold), and then do 4 for the pants (maroon/white/gold/black) as he's stating.

I don't think that's what they're gonna do, but that's one way you can get to only 8 combos. And as stated just above, the flip could be the case, as well, with 4 jerseys and 2 pants.

Another way to get to eight (and only eight) would be with a second helmet, for example:

(helmet/jersey/pants)

maroon/maroon/maroon
maroon/maroon/white
maroon/white/maroon
maroon/white/white
white/maroon/maroon
white/maroon/white
white/white/maroon
white/white/white

Another way to get eight would be to be the first team to unveil eight separate unitards. Throw us all for a loop.

Still another way to get to eight would be to have 4 sets of pants, and then play either "shirts" or "skins." Duane Bennett is already signed on to be honorary skins captain for the Michigan State game.

Top Bottom